Allen is Open

HearEmaGrowlin

Again with SS’s current situation, you’d think he’d just want to stay in Carthage at least until his son graduates high school, which is five years from now, i believe. The young Surratt plays QB and is apparently pretty talented. SS has several reasons for wanting to stay in Carthage.

1) Can shoot to have the most state championships at one school, while also earning the most state championships won by any Texas high school coach.

2) Can have both children grow up in and graduate from CISD, not uproot the family midstream.

3) SS is the king in Carthage. 

4) CISD pays him plenty of money so that’s not a factor. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeKlabBeers said:

any chance Allen drops to 5A next alignment?

Sure there is a chance.  If for some unknown reason Allen High decides to split into 3 different schools😉.  Then they would have three 5A schools.  Allen is the biggest high school in TX.  They aren't dropping anywhere.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Sure there is a chance.  If for some unknown reason Allen High decides to split into 3 different schools😉.  Then they would have three 5A schools.  Allen is the biggest high school in TX.  They aren't dropping anywhere.

how do you know that they're the biggest?

• Confused 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

8 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

but HOW do y'all know this?

Realignment happens every two years. The UIL gets enrollment counts in October, then redraws districts accordingly. Allen had over 7000 students last time, I believe.

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Again with SS’s current situation, you’d think he’d just want to stay in Carthage at least until his son graduates high school, which is five years from now, i believe. The young Surratt plays QB and is apparently pretty talented. SS has several reasons for wanting to stay in Carthage.

1) Can shoot to have the most state championships at one school, while also earning the most state championships won by any Texas high school coach.

2) Can have both children grow up in and graduate from CISD, not uproot the family midstream.

3) SS is the king in Carthage. 

4) CISD pays him plenty of money so that’s not a factor. 

Moving my talented 8th grade? son to Allen to play QB is not a bad thing. 

1) He can still achieve the second half of that Allen for sure. Allen has probably underachieved the last few years. 

2) True, but I’m not sure how much people really value that anymore. 

3) He would still be that when after he leaves. 

4) I don’t know what Carthage pays him, but Allen could probably beat it if that’s what they want.