Allen is Open

HearEmaGrowlin

2 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Good hire. But I'd rather have had Surratt and im sure the folks at Allen would to. Morris might be there a year or 2 before heading back to college ball.

Not too sure anyone in college wants him these days. He screwed up when he left SMU or I guess you could say he screwed up leaving Clemson. I think it was jumping into Arkansas, he wasn’t ready, should have stayed at SMU. Oh well, just my thoughts.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, randomuser said:

Not too sure anyone in college wants him these days. He screwed up when he left SMU or I guess you could say he screwed up leaving Clemson. I think it was jumping into Arkansas, he wasn’t ready, should have stayed at SMU. Oh well, just my thoughts.

You are 100% correct Sir. He should have stayed at SMU. He was not ready for the SEC and it was embarrassingly obvious.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

You are 100% correct Sir. He should have stayed at SMU. He was not ready for the SEC and it was embarrassingly obvious.

Chandler's transfer from OU oughta be approved soon now. 😁 (in regards to OU still being able to recruit from Allen HS)

10 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Good hire. But I'd rather have had Surratt and im sure the folks at Allen would to. Morris might be there a year or 2 before heading back to college ball.

From checking the 6a boards, Surratt was not a bad choice but I think most wanted Morris or Dodge.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Surely they made a call to John King

The only person they called is the one that got the job.

Besides, he's already told y'all that he wouldn't coach anywhere but LV. King's bankroll at Longview is also 6th most in the state (much more than what Allen pays because of no AD tag)... he wouldn't have taken it even if they offered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

From checking the 6a boards, Surratt was not a bad choice but I think most wanted Morris or Dodge.

Surratt would be an idiot to leave Carthage for anything but a college job.

You don't see small schools paying over 150k everyday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

The only person they called is the one that got the job.

Besides, he's already told y'all that he wouldn't coach anywhere but LV. King's bankroll at Longview is also 6th most in the state (much more than what Allen pays because of no AD tag)... he wouldn't have taken it even if they offered.

Proof he was the only one?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I remember he was in line or being heavily considered to become the A&M coach.

I think he was the fall back plan if A&M didn't land Jimbo.

But, as his record at Arkansas showed, he was not ready.

I thought he was going to be a great fit at Arkansas, but the SEC was too big a stage for him.

His biggest problem, IMO, was his choice of coordinators and some position coaches.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Proof he was the only one?

Let's see....

AD and HC retires at the exact same time (this tells me that they had a specific candidate in mind)...

Morris' son transfers from Oklahoma to TCU (DFW)

Morris has another kid involved with the recruiting at North Texas (DFW)

Oh, and literally every media outlet including @MattStepp had been reporting that Allen's list was "very short". TheFootballScoop also had an article about Allen targeting Morris before he was announced hired. 

Common sense aint very common with you but if you put 2 and 2 together, you get 4.

What's your proof that there were others? 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Let's see....

AD and HC retires at the exact same time (this tells me that they had a specific candidate in mind)...

Morris' son transfers from Oklahoma to TCU (DFW)

Morris has another kid involved with the recruiting at North Texas (DFW)

Oh, and literally every media outlet including @MattStepp had been reporting that Allen's list was "very short". TheFootballScoop also had an article about Allen targeting Morris before he was announced hired. 

Morris’ son wasn’t going to play at all with Spencer Rattler there.  To say anything other that playing time was that decision is dumb.  

very short could’ve included John King.  I’m guessing you prolly wouldn’t have known either.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I thought he was going to be a great fit at Arkansas, but the SEC was too big a stage for him.

His biggest problem, IMO, was his choice of coordinators and some position coaches.

His largest problem at Arkansas was system/personnel fit.  He had round pegs trying to fit them in square holes.  

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 2:10 PM, Slickarick said:

Heard this job had been turned down by a couple of people.. guess they don't want to deal with the pressure or is it the person above them that made people think twice. 

Are you sure.  Anti seems to think only one was even considered.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Morris’ son wasn’t going to play at all with Spencer Rattler there.  To say anything other that playing time was that decision is dumb.  

very short could’ve included John King.  I’m guessing you prolly wouldn’t have known either.  

I'm not about to back and forth with you today scrub.

Facts are facts. Make up whatever narrative you want.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

48 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

He tried to bring the spread to non spread personnel. It was never a good fit, and that happens from time to time.

Arkansas was all about power running. Has been for a long time.

I bet if they gave him time to fill the roster with his personnel, you may have seen more success from them.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I remember he was in line or being heavily considered to become the A&M coach.

Seems like I remember a lot of Ags wanting him to be their next guy when he was at Clemson. 

Really he had it made at Clemson. The highest paid assistant in the country, and that was at the beginning of Clemsons run. They were consistently having 10-11 win seasons before breaking thru and playing for National Championships every season. Brent Venables got there a year after Morris and is still rocking along as one of the highest paid assistants in CFB. Hind sight is always 20/20, but sure seems like he could still be coaching at Clemson making 2+ million a year. 

Anyways seems like a home run for Allen. Just because he didn’t have success at Arky, doesn’t mean he is not a great coach. Interested to see how long he sticks around at Allen. They have to be thrilled with this hire at the moment.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Already did.

Either go reread it or go do your own research.

No, you gave theories that could be coincidental or even just plain wrong.  Some info might not have been privileged to certain writers, you never know.  

care to give factual proof showing that Morris was the absolute only one now?  Or will you just go to ranting and raving again?

Edit: just talked to a friend of mine.  He is real close with a coach on staff at Southlake.  Riley Dodge turned the job down so you are still wrong that Morris was the only offer.  But most here knew you were wrong.  Par for the course.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, slyone said:

Sorry I have no dog in this but you bring up John King constantly. Has he done something to you. Not causing trouble, just curious

No, he’s just touted as one of the absolute best.  I think he’s a chronic underachiever for the talent he has annually.  Of course the Longview faithful are mostly blind to it and refuse to listen to anybody that doesn’t agree with them.

• Like 1

Allen has made a good hire and other good coaches turned them down before they came to an agreement with this particular coach. 

ANTI, why is it so important to you that you’ll falsely claim Morris is the only coach Allen reached out to? 

You have zero dog in this hunt. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Show us proof to back your facts then instead of the theories you’ve provided. 

I know for a fact because I know them personally that were offered the job and said no thanks. One is on his way to be a very successful HC in HS. The other was a VERY successful HS coach now in college. So yes, they called and talked to other people!! And that’s a FACT.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, randomuser said:

I know for a fact because I know them personally that were offered the job and said no thanks. One is on his way to be a very successful HC in HS. The other was a VERY successful HS coach now in college. So yes, they called and talked to other people!! And that’s a FACT.

SS indeed turned them down as well.  ANTI is just a contrarian who likes to argue.  Just look at the name.

• Like 1