Allen is Open

HearEmaGrowlin

On 3/17/2021 at 8:39 PM, Valhalla said:

Moving my talented 8th grade? son to Allen to play QB is not a bad thing. 

1) He can still achieve the second half of that Allen for sure. Allen has probably underachieved the last few years. 

2) True, but I’m not sure how much people really value that anymore. 

3) He would still be that when after he leaves. 

4) I don’t know what Carthage pays him, but Allen could probably beat it if that’s what they want.

Allen is a great opportunity for any coach, assistant or head coach, 100%. 

8 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Pretty sure they are gonna get almost every resume ever at that program. College, pro, high school, out of state. Gonna be several 100.

If it is $160,000+ for only HC duties(not Athletic Director also), you are correct. 

15 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I believe it's just grades 10-12

for the purposes of realignment 9-12 are counted in their numbers because freshman are eligible to play varsity sports. So even if they are not physically on your "High School" campus the freshman still get counted. But I don't doubt that Allen has a freshman campus. 

18 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Thought 8-11 were used for realignment purposes? Silly to count seniors who won’t be there the next year. 

At the small school level it makes sense. But with the bigger school districts when you have multiple jr highs that feed multiple high schools you can't get a good count that way. The count is taken the last week in October in odd number years and how many kids are enrolled on your high schools on that day. Not how many are present but how many are enrolled. 

45 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Thought 8-11 were used for realignment purposes? Silly to count seniors who won’t be there the next year. 

nope, you would think. But do to zoning and open enrolment in some districts, all districts count 9-12

3 hours ago, MrSalty said:

lot of coaches on the way out. Supt. is causing issues because she wants her son playing QB. Facts.

I coached somewhere where we had the Head football coaches son, The Supt's son ,The AD's son and the President of the school boards son on the team. The supts son and  Ad's Son weren't the best so they were B team. They got it. Glad they did,.