Allen is Open

HearEmaGrowlin

On 3/31/2021 at 2:05 AM, randomuser said:

Not too sure anyone in college wants him these days. He screwed up when he left SMU or I guess you could say he screwed up leaving Clemson. I think it was jumping into Arkansas, he wasn’t ready, should have stayed at SMU. Oh well, just my thoughts.

22 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

You are 100% correct Sir. He should have stayed at SMU. He was not ready for the SEC and it was embarrassingly obvious.

SMU got better when he left. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

His largest problem at Arkansas was system/personnel fit.  He had round pegs trying to fit them in square holes.  

His biggest problem at Arkansas was coaches. His entire offensive staff, except the holdover Barry Lunney, had ZERO SEC experience and did a terrible job coaching and implementing a system and an even worse job game planning and preparing the team for games, and then an even worse job calling plays and making in game adjustments. Also, he was trying to get his offensive lineman smaller and quicker, you don't win in the SEC with small, quick offensive lineman, And Defensively they were even worse, Chavis was a has been and didn't care about preparation or coaching, he was just drawing a check

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

His biggest problem at Arkansas was coaches. His entire offensive staff, except the holdover Barry Lunney, had ZERO SEC experience and did a terrible job coaching and implementing a system and an even worse job game planning and preparing the team for games, and then an even worse job calling plays and making in game adjustments. Also, he was trying to get his offensive lineman smaller and quicker, you don't win in the SEC with small, quick offensive lineman, And Defensively they were even worse, Chavis was a has been and didn't care about preparation or coaching, he was just drawing a check

Tell us about this sec experience.  Does is make you understand X’s and O’s Better?  Last I checked they play the same game as the other conferences.  Offense, defense, special teams.....  4 downs to convert or punt.  11 on the field.  What is different over there that better prepared you for success.  Maybe Saban owning everybody for a decade just makes everybody better over there.  Lol

morris was trying to implement the spread with power run personnel.  Not gonna work in any conference, not even the sunbelt.    He should’ve found ways to use his players to benefit him while turning the roster over as quickly as possible, even if it meant running a similar offense to BB’s his first year.  As a coach, sometimes you have to adjust your own philosophy to what your dealt.  

11 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Allen has made a good hire and other good coaches turned them down before they came to an agreement with this particular coach. 

ANTI, why is it so important to you that you’ll falsely claim Morris is the only coach Allen reached out to? 

You have zero dog in this hunt. 

It's not important for me to do anything.

There's a lot of false narratives and information being spread on this site...including "all of these other coaches turned down the job...." 

Funny. The Allen posters on the 6A site who I've been speaking with say differently, but I'm sure you know more than them, Stepp and others.

In that case, who were all of the other coaches who turned it down?

• Stinks 1

12 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Of course the Longview faithful are mostly blind to it and refuse to listen to anybody that doesn’t agree with them.

We refuse to listen to ignorant casuals who don't know anything about the Longview football program.

Btw, no one touted him as the very best. That's another narrative you made up. But that's what you do, make up narratives.

He is one of the best, and the UIL clearly agrees.

• Stinks 1

12 hours ago, slyone said:

Sorry I have no dog in this but you bring up John King constantly. Has he done something to you. Not causing trouble, just curious

Good old fashion jealousy. 

A grown man worried about another grown man 24/7.

• Stinks 1

21 hours ago, ANTI said:

Let's see....

AD and HC retires at the exact same time (this tells me that they had a specific candidate in mind)...

Morris' son transfers from Oklahoma to TCU (DFW)

Morris has another kid involved with the recruiting at North Texas (DFW)

Oh, and literally every media outlet including @MattStepp had been reporting that Allen's list was "very short". TheFootballScoop also had an article about Allen targeting Morris before he was announced hired. 

Common sense aint very common with you but if you put 2 and 2 together, you get 4.

What's your proof that there were others? 

11 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I know the guy that he's talking about (see the very first post that I made in this thread).

Still no documentation showing that he got a call.

But there were articles saying Allen was in pursuit of Morris before he was even announced hired.

Who were all of the other coaches that turned down the job? 

Just now, VonG said:

Damn. Someone is right and someone is wrong. Who shall  I  believe. 

It ain't that deep for me.

I already know what this is about but Allen got who they wanted.

• Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I know the guy that he's talking about (see the very first post that I made in this thread).

But there were articles saying Allen was in pursuit of Morris before he was even announced hired.

I have no idea.  I just saw that you mentioned Stepp a couple times and made some comments that could lead someone to believe that he thought Morris was the guy all along.  That doesn't seem to have been the case.

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I have no idea.  I just saw that you mentioned Stepp a couple times and made some comments that could lead someone to believe that he thought Morris was the guy all along.  That doesn't seem to have been the case.

Only thing I said was Stepp thought it was "a very short list". From the jump, he thought one guy was gonna get it which was the same guy that I thought too initially but obviously he didnt. No documentation that he even got a call.

Then the Morris stuff started coming out....I mean they've been talking about Morris getting the job for a while on the other board....and for the millionth time...there were literally articles about Allen targeting Morris before he got hired. He wasnt this last resort or 14th option that folks on this board are trying to paint....he was a priority.

They got who they wanted.

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Only thing I said was Stepp thought it was "a very short list". From the jump, he thought one guy was gonna get it which was the same guy that I thought too initially but obviously he didnt. No documentation that he even got a call.

Then the Morris stuff started coming out....I mean they've been talking about Morris getting the job for a while on the other board....and for the millionth time...there were literally articles about Allen targeting Morris before he got hired. He wasnt this last resort or 14th option that folks on this board are trying to paint....he was a priority.

They got who they wanted.

They did get who they wanted... after the others they wanted more turned it down. 

Where is your documentation that no one else received a call or offer? Where is your documentation showing no one else was considered?  Since you are just crying out for documentation like this is some court of law or something.  

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

They did get who they wanted... after the others they wanted more turned it down. 

Who were the others?

Those facilities, that fan base (revenue), those tax payers (more revenue), resources....ability to pull talent from the largest student pool in the state on top of the natural transfers...Allen is a dream job for any TXHSFB coach not already being paid more than what the job offers. Who were all of these coaches that turned it down?

Don't even name Carter, Dodge, Surratt, Joseph, Allen or King....they all already make a hefty amount of money and have no reason to leave their respective football programs for another TXHSFB program.

• Thanks 1

If you have a chance to get Chad Morris to coach HSFB, you get him. That’s basically common sense. He would’ve been their first choice IMO. I am not saying he was the only one called or that people didn’t turn this job down or whatever this conversation has turned into...but IMHO that has to be the guy they wanted above anyone else. No inside info or anything else, just good ol’ common sense. The guy is a heck of a coach. Just because he flamed out at Arkansas doesn’t mean he won’t be one of, if not the top TXHSFB coach in the state. Hell he was before he went to Tulsa from Lake Travis. 

Just now, ANTI said:

Who were the others?

Those facilities, that fan base (revenue), those tax payers (more revenue), resources....ability to pull talent from the largest student pool in the state on top of the natural transfers...Allen is a dream job for any TXHSFB coach not already being paid more than what the job offers. Who were all of these coaches that turned it down?

Don't even name Carter, Dodge, Surratt, Joseph, Allen or King....they all already make a hefty amount of money and have no reason to leave their respective football programs for another TXHSFB program.

I see you cut out the rest of my post.  No response to your own lack of documentation I take it?  

Just because those others have the money and not enough good reasons to leave, that doesn't mean they weren't considered and/or offered.  I don't have firsthand knowledge of any of this, I'm just playing devil's advocate. It's a thing I do when I'm bored.  

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I see you cut out the rest of my post. 

I see you can't name all of the other coaches that turned down the job.

I'm very curious. Who were they?

Who had more priority over Morris, a TXHSFB legend who won titles at multiple places....and made LT the power they are today. Money wouldnt have been an issue with Morris....that dude is still on buyout money from Arky not to mention the near million that he was making as OC at Auburn. I'm sure he has plenty in the piggy bank.

Just now, ANTI said:

I see you can't name all of the other coaches that turned down the job.

I'm very curious. Who were they?

Who had more priority of Morris, a TXHSFB legend who won titles at multiple places....and made LT the power they are today. Money wouldnt have been an issue with Morris....that dude is still on buyout money from Arky not to mention the near million that he was making as OC at Auburn. I'm sure he has plenty in the piggy bank.

Yea I literally just told you I don't have firsthand knowledge. Something you again bothered to leave out when you quoted me.  Lol

And still ignoring that you have no documentation to the contrary even though you were asking others for documentation.  The fact is no one has it besides people who were involved firsthand, which is probably no one on this forum.

Just now, mikehoncho said:

Yea I literally just told you I don't have firsthand knowledge.

Nah man, you must do. You already said that Morris is who they wanted, AFTER the others turned it down. You sound so convinced too so I'm genuinely interested to know who was priorty over Morris for this job and turned it down.

I mean this isn't South Grand Prairie we're talking about. This is Allen. Any TXHSFB coach safe for about 6-8 names would've jumped at the oppurtunity to coach at that place if they were truly offered. 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

We refuse to listen to ignorant casuals who don't know anything about the Longview football program.

Btw, no one touted him as the very best. That's another narrative you made up. But that's what you do, make up narratives.

He is one of the best, and the UIL clearly agrees.

Yet you’re making comments towards me.  You and JF just can’t seem to follow up on your ignore promises.  

I haven’t made up a narrative.  You did.  You claimed Morris was the only person offered the Allen job and that just wasn’t true.  It was a completely false claim.  I gave you info from people very close to the two programs (south lake and Carthage) that their HC’s did in fact tell them no.  If you want to turn your nose up at it that’s fine.  We are used to you doing that to.    Surely Allen didn’t go after a 4a coach.  They can’t coach at the 6a level!!!  Lol!!!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Wait?  Now you’re going to believe somebody else that says others were offered?!  Lol....  you are something else 

56 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Who were the others?

Those you listed were some of the first calls made, just not King