Pittsburg Pirates football?

BigBoy44

3 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

They didn’t even have a freshman team that’s a bold prediction to win state in 3 yes.  Gilmer, PG and definitely Carthage will have something to say about that.  Abron will have taken the SS job by then.

Without a doubt the numbers had fallen by a lot under Bacca.  I think the new coach will bring excitement back to the high school and the numbers will increase.  Had Bacca stayed another year we might not have fielded a varsity team.  Pitt will be competitive next year and will make the playoffs.  Not deep.  It will take the new coach 2 to 3 years to compete for district.  But, it will happen.  The numbers in jr high are good.  Athletes are really good.  Stiles does a good job but needs some help.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downtheline said:

Without a doubt the numbers had fallen by a lot under Bacca.  I think the new coach will bring excitement back to the high school and the numbers will increase.  Had Bacca stayed another year we might not have fielded a varsity team.  Pitt will be competitive next year and will make the playoffs.  Not deep.  It will take the new coach 2 to 3 years to compete for district.  But, it will happen.  The numbers in jr high are good.  Athletes are really good.  Stiles does a good job but needs some help.  Time will tell.

Who’s Stiles? What was their record last year and is Baca really that bad of a coach? I know you said he wasn’t in it for the kids but give me an example of what you mean if you don’t mind. By the way if you aren’t in it for kids s a 35 year coaching veteran why is he coaching if it’s not for kids? And I don’t know him any better than I know you but I was just wondering. I’m not questioning your assessment at all just wondering why people are ready for him to get out of town. Thanks

10 hours ago, randomuser said:

Who’s Stiles? What was their record last year and is Baca really that bad of a coach? I know you said he wasn’t in it for the kids but give me an example of what you mean if you don’t mind. By the way if you aren’t in it for kids s a 35 year coaching veteran why is he coaching if it’s not for kids? And I don’t know him any better than I know you but I was just wondering. I’m not questioning your assessment at all just wondering why people are ready for him to get out of town. Thanks

First.  If you are going to quote me, don’t add something that I didn’t say.  I never said he was a bad coach.  I never said he wasn’t in coaching for the kids.  He has not been in coaching for 35 years.  Baca just didn’t communicate very well with the kids.  IMO, he didn’t try to get the kids out to play as well as other coaches do and couldn’t keep the lower grade kids out.  Stiles is the jr high coach.  It is amazing what he has been able to do while being short handed.  In short, the program was not doing well.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, downtheline said:

First.  If you are going to quote me, don’t add something that I didn’t say.  I never said he was a bad coach.  I never said he wasn’t in coaching for the kids.  He has not been in coaching for 35 years.  Baca just didn’t communicate very well with the kids.  IMO, he didn’t try to get the kids out to play as well as other coaches do and couldn’t keep the lower grade kids out.  Stiles is the jr high coach.  It is amazing what he has been able to do while being short handed.  In short, the program was not doing well.  

I didn’t say you said all those things but they’ve been said on here by Pitt people. I just quoted your post to ask the question. I guess I had a typo, I said as a coach of 35 years meaning myself. I apologize if it looked like I accused you of saying those things I just chose your post to ask the question.

• Like 1

I feel the rules of the site are pretty simple. Give your opinion on anything you want.  But when you start trashing coaches, students, and specific members of the community, it is going to land you in SDC jail.  Some people on this site retain that information worse than some of my high school students and most of you are adults!  And the 2 people on these Pitt threads, if their real identity were exposed, could really land in hot water with their bosses.  Luckily for them, we would NEVER do that.  Enjoy your time off “best trainer” which I know you aren’t.  The best trainers in the state would refer to themselves as athletic trainers and would never throw their AD under the bus, even if they hated them...  trust me, I’ve had 3 that I wouldn’t shed a tear for if they were hit by a bus.  I am there for the students, not some meat head football coach.  (If you didn’t catch that, I am the best AT in the state.)

• Thanks 7

On 3/27/2021 at 10:52 AM, downtheline said:

Lol

On 3/30/2021 at 6:29 AM, MavGrad99 said:

I feel the rules of the site are pretty simple. Give your opinion on anything you want.  But when you start trashing coaches, students, and specific members of the community, it is going to land you in SDC jail.  Some people on this site retain that information worse than some of my high school students and most of you are adults!  And the 2 people on these Pitt threads, if their real identity were exposed, could really land in hot water with their bosses.  Luckily for them, we would NEVER do that.  Enjoy your time off “best trainer” which I know you aren’t.  The best trainers in the state would refer to themselves as athletic trainers and would never throw their AD under the bus, even if they hated them...  trust me, I’ve had 3 that I wouldn’t shed a tear for if they were hit by a bus.  I am there for the students, not some meat head football coach.  (If you didn’t catch that, I am the best AT in the state.)

https://www.google.com/search?q=local+burn+centers

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1