Buffalo open

Slickarick

23 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Not sure if he is even interested but their OC/Powerlifting coach is a great fit for the job. Don't think they will get any applicants that is more qualified or as hard working as he is.

Evan Stone is a good choice but Buffalo needs new blood in there that's gonna take care of all sports not just football. I bet Buffalo gets a lot more applicants then many think.

17 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Evan Stone is a good choice but Buffalo needs new blood in there that's gonna take care of all sports not just football. I bet Buffalo gets a lot more applicants then many think.

Any head football job posted gets anywhere from 100 to 200 applicants now.  

44 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

The current staff was not taking care of the other sports?

1 hour ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Pretty sure Coach Stone would be a great advocate for all sports...doesn't he have a daughter that plays sports and his wife was an athlete also so if its a concern over girls athletics I'm pretty sure that would not be a problem...and MORE applicants doesn't mean QUALIFIED applicants...as was said above, every opening will get tons of applicants and a great deal of them go straight to the garbage can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

Pretty sure Coach Stone would be a great advocate for all sports...doesn't he have a daughter that plays sports and his wife was an athlete also so if its a concern over girls athletics I'm pretty sure that would not be a problem...and MORE applicants doesn't mean QUALIFIED applicants...as was said above, every opening will get tons of applicants and a great deal of them go straight to the garbage can.

Good facilities and a great location on 45 will attract a lot. And sadly in this business the most qualified don't always get the job, and even more some are passed over that would be amazing fits but don't have "experience" or know the "Right" people. So how you supposed to get it if not given a chance. 

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

Good facilities and a great location on 45 will attract a lot. And sadly in this business the most qualified don't always get the job, and even more some are passed over that would be amazing fits but don't have "experience" or know the "Right" people. So how you supposed to get it if not given a chance. 

Very true statement.......

"And sadly in this business the most qualified don't always get the job, and even more some are passed over that would be amazing fits but don't have "experience" or know the "Right" people. So how you supposed to get it if not given a chance. "

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 3:17 PM, chubbychecker said:

Very true statement.......

"And sadly in this business the most qualified don't always get the job, and even more some are passed over that would be amazing fits but don't have "experience" or know the "Right" people. So how you supposed to get it if not given a chance. "

You keep applying for jobs...work on expanding your network of contacts...act professionally at all times because people are always watching...get with an AD/HFC who is part of a coaching tree...don't get frustrated if the first job takes a while...attend as many clinics as possible...meet with as many coaches as possible...attend as many events as possible so you can meet other coaches...always speak well of your current school/district/boss/community or else remain quiet...be the best assistant coach on every staff that you're on...pray for peace no matter where you end up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, neveragain said:

You keep applying for jobs...work on expanding your network of contacts...act professionally at all times because people are always watching...get with an AD/HFC who is part of a coaching tree...don't get frustrated if the first job takes a while...attend as many clinics as possible...meet with as many coaches as possible...attend as many events as possible so you can meet other coaches...always speak well of your current school/district/boss/community or else remain quiet...be the best assistant coach on every staff that you're on...pray for peace no matter where you end up.

True statement as well. I have always kept my head down done my job and spoke highly of whatever program I was a part of or have been a part of. I was talking in on a whole it seems to happen a lot. Merritt is not always they highest thing considered for jobs, I get fit and personality. But, Should not be just because you know School board member A-D, or whatever. I have only had one job where I knew all parties involved did not get said job and knew i was he most qualified. The guy who got it was really good friends and hunting buddies with the school board president. The guy who got it was fired mid year. 

• 2 weeks later...