Can We Start a "Mexia is Open" Thread Now?

nationalpastime

1 hour ago, centex1 said:

Along with Swaim and Kerry Strong. Possible Steve Morris but I will fact check that and get back to you. 

Baca Ad/HC, Thomas(DC), Strong (OC), Swaim (AHC) Power house line up. Mexia to state 21'!

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

Has Baca been named by the board yet on this one?  I think Pittsburgh and Mexia just made a trade with draft picks to be disclosed at a later date.

I heard there will be an annual curling match to determine who gets 1st pic.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

Any news on this one?  I've been eat up with youth soccer the last couple of weeks and haven't seen any smoke anywhere.

nothing. Apparently the crossing of 84 and 14 causes a void of all electronic communication. Everything being sent by certified mail. Should know something in 7-10 business days. In being serious it's almost may. Promote or hire a young coordinator from a big school with something to prove use those 2-4 years to scope out talent then go from there.  

22 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

Any news on this one?  I've been eat up with youth soccer the last couple of weeks and haven't seen any smoke anywhere.

It's a cluster f**k to say the least. Got people over here making decisions that arent concerned with whats best for the kids.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blackcat89 said:

It's a cluster_____to say the least. Got people over here making decisions that arent concerned with whats best for the kids.   

The people in "power" need to eat some humble pie.. admit what's up get the best available and move on.. kids or what this is about..period.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Slickarick said:

The people in "power" need to eat some humble pie.. admit what's up get the best available and move on.. kids or what this is about..period.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen. The powers that be let these kids down. Don't look for Mexia to be very good as long as those people are calling the shots.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackcat89 said:

Unfortunately, that didn't happen. The powers that be let these kids down. Don't look for Mexia to be very good as long as those people are calling the shots.  

I know for a fact the school board was calling an alumnus about 8-10 years ago while it looked like they had something going to gauge his interest in the job because they "were starting to get unhappy about" the then current AD.

As far as I can remember Mexia has been that way though and they can't figure out why people sprint to get out of there.

3 hours ago, Blackcat89 said:

Hate to here that, I can remember Mexia playing Palestine, Fairfield, years ago and it was a battle.  Wish that district would come  back together.

11 minutes ago, OldFaithful said:

Hate to here that, I can remember Mexia playing Palestine, Fairfield, years ago and it was a battle.  Wish that district would come  back together.

No!

We need Mexia to drop so the real old district can get back together again.

We got groesbeck, teague, and fairfield back together time for Mexia to join us!

• Like 1