Can We Start a "Mexia is Open" Thread Now?

nationalpastime

1 minute ago, dillonpanthers said:

I don't know anything about him. Just that Forney hasn't been very good. 

Edited: went back and read Stepps tweet. It does look like he's been part of some good programs 

this is an interesting thing at forney. its definitely just like Midlo and heritage, The good athletes and stuff go to one school and the rest that cant just pick up and move go to the other ( football wise anyway) . Everyone like the "new" shiny school and stuff. We will see in a few years if the redistricting fixes it. 

2 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Edited: went back and read Stepps tweet. It does look like he's been part of some good programs 

DC at Forney whose defense gave up 50 points a game. We've had that cedar hill culture here before and it doesn't work

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Either way it's who you know, not what you know or what you've actually done yourself.  

On 4/28/2021 at 1:52 PM, Blackcat89 said:

Terrible hire. Sad day to be a Blackcat.

Absolutely right. The powers that be made a decision not based on what is best for kids. You bring in Abron who was like 22-4 in 2 years at Pewitt with a state run. Great hire, great expectations. But wasn't given full reign from what I understand. They bring him in, saw he was about to do better than a previous coach, had an opportunity to shut down their run when they had covid pop and took it. Now they bring in a guy who, as someone said earlier, was not part of very good programs. In fact, Forney was 0-9 last year. The community is in an uproar for good cause. The best candidate was from the area, knew the kids, knew what drove them, had their respect, and could keep them rolling. But since he didn't #### up to those on the hiring committee, he wasn't given the chance. 

Great job Mexia, you'll be like Lone Oak for the next couple of years. Just a revolving door of coaches.

10 hours ago, AsSeenOnTV said:

Great job Mexia, you'll be like Lone Oak for the next couple of years. Just a revolving door of coaches.

I know what you're getting at with the Mexia and Lone Oak comparison, but Mexia has mostly been a revolving door.  They're open fairly consistently because, again, it's easier to blame apathy and a lack of wanting to be competitive on a coach instead of the community.

I hope Coach Bond comes in and has some success so he can get the h3!! out of there to a better pasture sooner rather than later.

13 hours ago, AsSeenOnTV said:

Absolutely right. The powers that be made a decision not based on what is best for kids. You bring in Abron who was like 22-4 in 2 years at Pewitt with a state run. Great hire, great expectations. But wasn't given full reign from what I understand. They bring him in, saw he was about to do better than a previous coach, had an opportunity to shut down their run when they had covid pop and took it. Now they bring in a guy who, as someone said earlier, was not part of very good programs. In fact, Forney was 0-9 last year. The community is in an uproar for good cause. The best candidate was from the area, knew the kids, knew what drove them, had their respect, and could keep them rolling. But since he didn't #### up to those on the hiring committee, he wasn't given the chance. 

Hit it right on the head. Mexia will be doing this again in 2 years. 

3 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

I know what you're getting at with the Mexia and Lone Oak comparison, but Mexia has mostly been a revolving door.  They're open fairly consistently because, again, it's easier to blame apathy and a lack of wanting to be competitive on a coach instead of the community.

I hope Coach Bond comes in and has some success so he can get the h3!! out of there to a better pasture sooner rather than later.

No you’re right. Some blame falls on the community. The community of mexia has to do better as whole. But the ones in charge need to be removed. They do not care about what is best for the kids. They just have their agendas and their buddy buddies. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Mexia has the talent there. Surprised to see this turn around every few years. I honestly thought myself that Abron would stay a few years, if not longer. You'd figure the community would want to get back on track like they were back in the day. Hope for the best this upcoming season.

On 5/2/2021 at 7:34 AM, Tiger03lb said:

Mexia has the talent there. Surprised to see this turn around every few years. I honestly thought myself that Abron would stay a few years, if not longer. You'd figure the community would want to get back on track like they were back in the day. Hope for the best this upcoming season.

The community wants to get back to have some stability but as I've said before, the ones making decisions are not making decisions for what's best for the kids. We had a chance to promote a guy that would be here till he retires but we didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if many kids didn't play football next year.

1 hour ago, Blackcat89 said:

The community wants to get back to have some stability but as I've said before, the ones making decisions are not making decisions for what's best for the kids. We had a chance to promote a guy that would be here till he retires but we didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if many kids didn't play football next year.

Mexia had the guy on staff to take over Abron Job. Abron did not want to leave Mexia he had to Leave because of family reasons!

Mexia had a all state corner back that played for groesbeck, a all american corner back at Baylor, and a 10 year NFL vet on staff with abron who lives in Mexia btw who put in for the job. Literally a local man who knows the community and what he is up against with more experience playing the game and coaching the game then this bond guy! 

Mexia lost became wortham hire! 

• Like 1