Once Again Illegals First, Americans Second

Hagar

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

In California they vow to educate Illegal kids while American kids do without.  It’s the Democrat way.  Hard to believe we have folks on this site who would like to have the same folks type government in Texas.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/san-diego-teachers-migrant-children-in-person-learning

You mean the teachers are finally coming back from their extended paid vacation to teach

4 hours ago, Wild74 said:

You me the teachers are finally coming back from their extended paid vacation to teach

I'd love to know what teachers have been on an extended paid vacation--I can tell you my school district started back at the end of August and we have been moving on ever since. Good days, bad days--maybe you were talking about other states? 

35 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I'd love to know what teachers have been on an extended paid vacation--I can tell you my school district started back at the end of August and we have been moving on ever since. Good days, bad days--maybe you were talking about other states? 

Talking about California, Chicago nobody I know of in Texas has been on a vacation

I watched the news today--it is a shame that the San Diego School district union is such a freak show. They won't allow teachers to go to a class room and teach students in the district, but they will allow volunteer teachers to run to the Illegal immigration centers, where they have a HIGH COVID Rate, but those same teachers can't volunteer to teach at the schools for legal citizens? 

There was a time in this country--before it got canceled--that Unions were a good thing, especially at getting laws on the books, but this is one case where the union is WRONG--their biggest sticking point--CDC says 3 Ft needed between students, San Diego Union wants 5 ft.--a decrease of 40% of students in their classes. SMFH. 

46 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I watched the news today--it is a shame that the San Diego School district union is such a freak show. They won't allow teachers to go to a class room and teach students in the district, but they will allow volunteer teachers to run to the Illegal immigration centers, where they have a HIGH COVID Rate, but those same teachers can't volunteer to teach at the schools for legal citizens? 

There was a time in this country--before it got canceled--that Unions were a good thing, especially at getting laws on the books, but this is one case where the union is WRONG--their biggest sticking point--CDC says 3 Ft needed between students, San Diego Union wants 5 ft.--a decrease of 40% of students in their classes. SMFH. 

Folks should pay attention to the Democrats.  Follow the science, unless it doesn’t fit your agenda.  What a bunch of hypocrites, slugs, manipulators.  

Cut off their pay.  Go to work or lose your benefits and retirement.  That would happen at any company.  Good grief, it ain’t rocket science.

I have been on the job talking to students, masked up, since June, 2020, so I don't relate to what is going on there, and I am adamant about essential safety protocols and masking up and following protocols. I think if there are health precautions to be considered then those students and/or employees should be given the option of learning from home or working from home, but students learn best face to face, absolutely. 

37 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I have been on the job talking to students, masked up, since June, 2020, so I don't relate to what is going on there, and I am adamant about essential safety protocols and masking up and following protocols. I think if there are health precautions to be considered then those students and/or employees should be given the option of learning from home or working from home, but students learn best face to face, absolutely. 

You mean mask to mask

9 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

You mean mask to mask

Yeah, I actually do. Full disclosure: I contracted Covid in February, after some outside contact from one of my sons who doesn't live with me, as he is in his 20s, and I don't wish it on anyone. I still don't have taste or smell, and I have lingering breathing issues. I went months at school, following protocols and didn't get ill, even those some around who didn't follow it did. I believe in masks helping. 

52 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Yeah, I actually do. Full disclosure: I contracted Covid in February, after some outside contact from one of my sons who doesn't live with me, as he is in his 20s, and I don't wish it on anyone. I still don't have taste or smell, and I have lingering breathing issues. I went months at school, following protocols and didn't get ill, even those some around who didn't follow it did. I believe in masks helping. 

Show data that mask help please.

12 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Show data that mask help please.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210308/cdc-issues-new-report-on-face-mask-effectiveness

CDC Issues New Report on Face Mask Effectiveness

By Ralph Ellis

group at restaurant covid

Mar 8, 2021 -- As more states drop COVID-19 restrictions, the CDC issued a report Friday saying coronavirus case counts went down when states mandated face masks and that coronavirus-related deaths went up in places when indoor dining resumed.

CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, said that’s a good reason for states to stay vigilant with safety measures, especially during this period when national coronavirus statistics are leveling off but new variants are appearing.

“You have decreases in cases and deaths when you wear masks, and you have increases in cases and deaths when you have in-person restaurant dining,” Walensky said at a Friday news briefing. “We would advocate for policies, certainly while we’re at this plateau of a high number of cases, that would listen to that public health science.”

The CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report said mask mandates adopted last year were linked to almost a 2% drop in new COVID cases within 100 days of adoption.

When states and localities lifted restrictions on in-person restaurant dining, they experienced a 1.1% increase in new coronavirus cases and a 3% increase in coronavirus-related deaths within 100 days of the lifting of those rules, the study said.

A number of states have eased some coronavirus restrictions recently, including Texas, Mississippi, West Virginia, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Massachusetts, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wyoming.

Texas has been one of the states hit hardest by the pandemic, but Gov. Greg Abbott said in a Tuesday news release, “We must now do more to restore livelihoods and normalcy for Texans by opening Texas 100 percent. Make no mistake, COVID-19 has not disappeared, but it is clear from the recoveries, vaccinations, reduced hospitalizations, and safe practices that Texans are using that state mandates are no longer needed.”

He also acknowledged that while there is no mask mandate in Texas, he personally would continue to wear one and recommended that others do so as well.

The CDC assessment of indoor dining drew a tart response from the National Restaurant Association, which called the study “more an ill-informed attack on the industry … than a reliable piece of scientific research.”

“Correlation does not equal causation. For example, if a positive correlation between ice cream sales and shark attacks is found, that would not mean that ice cream causes shark attacks. For restaurants, customer behavior outside the venue remains the major contributing factor in COVID-19 transmission,” the restaurant association statement said.

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210308/cdc-issues-new-report-on-face-mask-effectiveness

By Ralph Ellis

Mar 8, 2021 -- As more states drop COVID-19 restrictions, the CDC issued a report Friday saying coronavirus case counts went down when states mandated face masks and that coronavirus-related deaths went up in places when indoor dining resumed.

CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, said that’s a good reason for states to stay vigilant with safety measures, especially during this period when national coronavirus statistics are leveling off but new variants are appearing.

“You have decreases in cases and deaths when you wear masks, and you have increases in cases and deaths when you have in-person restaurant dining,” Walensky said at a Friday news briefing. “We would advocate for policies, certainly while we’re at this plateau of a high number of cases, that would listen to that public health science.”

The CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report said mask mandates adopted last year were linked to almost a 2% drop in new COVID cases within 100 days of adoption.

When states and localities lifted restrictions on in-person restaurant dining, they experienced a 1.1% increase in new coronavirus cases and a 3% increase in coronavirus-related deaths within 100 days of the lifting of those rules, the study said.

A number of states have eased some coronavirus restrictions recently, including Texas, Mississippi, West Virginia, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Massachusetts, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wyoming.

Texas has been one of the states hit hardest by the pandemic, but Gov. Greg Abbott said in a Tuesday news release, “We must now do more to restore livelihoods and normalcy for Texans by opening Texas 100 percent. Make no mistake, COVID-19 has not disappeared, but it is clear from the recoveries, vaccinations, reduced hospitalizations, and safe practices that Texans are using that state mandates are no longer needed.”

He also acknowledged that while there is no mask mandate in Texas, he personally would continue to wear one and recommended that others do so as well.

The CDC assessment of indoor dining drew a tart response from the National Restaurant Association, which called the study “more an ill-informed attack on the industry … than a reliable piece of scientific research.”

“Correlation does not equal causation. For example, if a positive correlation between ice cream sales and shark attacks is found, that would not mean that ice cream causes shark attacks. For restaurants, customer behavior outside the venue remains the major contributing factor in COVID-19 transmission,” the restaurant association statement said.

Correlation does not equal causation.

No truer words ever spoken lol. That article says nothing about mask working. It attributes some downward (2 percent) cases within 100 days of mask mandates. That’s not how you science Barry. You posted a opinion article with snip its from the CDC. Actual data that mask work was what I was looking for. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

By Ralph Ellis

This is the same source that told us to double mask and 6 feet.  Now, once again, its single mask and 3 ft...  

Now, here is where I will take this.  Mask or no mask, there is not 1 single comprehensive study that can tell us if masks actually work or don't work in stopping COVID. 

Personal 1 on 1s with people tell me that they don't work, as most of the people who contracted COVID believe it happened while masking up.  How it penetrated their barrier is debatable.  The scientists who say they work...  I would love to see how many of them contracted COVID or have the antibodies...  I bet the % is far greater than you think...  

In closing, sure they work... to a very small degree.  Not enough to make a significant difference in my OPINION.  I wear them because my job requires it, not because it has actually protected me or anyone around me...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

This is the same source that told us to double mask and 6 feet.  Now, once again, its single mask and 3 ft...  

Now, here is where I will take this.  Mask or no mask, there is not 1 single comprehensive study that can tell us if masks actually work or don't work in stopping COVID. 

Personal 1 on 1s with people tell me that they don't work, as most of the people who contracted COVID believe it happened while masking up.  How it penetrated their barrier is debatable.  The scientists who say they work...  I would love to see how many of them contracted COVID or have the antibodies...  I bet the % is far greater than you think...  

In closing, sure they work... to a very small degree.  Not enough to make a significant difference in my OPINION.  I wear them because my job requires it, not because it has actually protected me or anyone around me...

Yea, if you sign the check, I’ll do it. Never wear one any other time. Of course your statement is correct.

They fervent mask believers who scold non mask wearers, widely critiques people who didn’t mask up as politicizing it. When in fact, they have nothing that says it actually works and are in fact politicizing it themselves. 

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

But the science is saying masks don’t necessarily help.

If our homemade masks work, please pray tell, why do our medical people get in a panic when they run out, or low, of the N95 mask.  If someone can answer that, our mask wearing might make more sense.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

At the beginning they said that the mask would not protect you, because it does not filter out virus particles. All political BS

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

So, are you for or against this dimocrat union nonsense? .....

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

If our homemade masks work, please pray tell, why do our medical people get in a panic when they run out, or low, of the N95 mask.  If someone can answer that, our mask wearing might make more sense.

You don't see the difference between medical professionals dealing directly with disease and illness and injury and Hagar The Terrible Republican needing protection, while social distancing, in the Brookshire Brothers? 

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Snopes? .... :rofl:

just referencing the article exist and they quote it heavily. I couldn’t get the article without paying. But snopes doesn’t let you down, rated something false cause it said 2/3 But the actual percentage to them was 62%. Lol