Chad Morris New Allen HC

Stoney

34 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I don't know.. that happened back in January. But definitely makes it easier on his family now. If OU will release him

If Lincoln Riley wants to ever recruit Allen HS again he’ll release Chandler to transfer.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Would be a good transition coach. Dude wins everywhere except Arkansas lol. Good hire for them.

As an SMU fan, I can tell you..he was also terrible at SMU.

I have no problem saying I don't like the guy. His coaching alone cost us numerous games in his time as SMU head coach. And the way he left, without telling the players before announcing it only to just text them, really rubbed me the wrong way. He talks such a big game about caring about his players and the program, but it's just a facade.

But he is a fantastic high school head coach. He'll be there for two/three years until another college gig comes calling, and he'll bolt.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:48 PM, LoboFan07 said:

If there's one thing you can count on Chad for, it's not staying in one place for that long.

He's getting a $10 million buyout. I imagine he will be at Allen for the 3-4 years the buyout is paid, then get back into College football. He will probably win a ship or 2 in that time. Heck of a football coach. Picked up a couple of bad places to try and win- SMU & ARKANSAS. 

• Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

He's getting a $10 million buyout. I imagine he will be at Allen for the 3-4 years the buyout is paid, then get back into College football. He will probably win a ship or 2 in that time. Heck of a football coach. Picked up a couple of bad places to try and win- SMU & ARKANSAS. 

Definitely agree on winning a title in the next 3 years or so. Though 6A D1 is absolutely stacked the next couple of years.

Westlake if they go D1, Lake Travis, Duncanville, Southlake, Katy if they go D1. Just completely loaded. But it's Allen.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 10:55 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Good point you have a unique perspective and your acknowledgment of being a Smu fan is  very difficult. June jones seemed to have them being respectful at least. More success at the high school level no doubt. 

SMU coach = Sonny Dykes...former Texas Tech coach, Spike Dykes son

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 11:45 AM, Propotential said:

Wow, impressive! I hate it for the upcoming coaches that just lost another opportunity to be a head coach.

Were you meaning up & coming coaches?

I don't think a spot like Allen HS would have been hiring a young up & coming coach. They would go for a proven winner that could handle the pressure & expectations of the giant fanbase

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

SMU coach = Sonny Dykes...former Texas Tech coach, Spike Dykes son

Yep!

Morris took from June.

Dykes has been a god send. Even if no championships have come our way yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 1:25 PM, randomuser said:

If Lincoln Riley wants to ever recruit Allen HS again he’ll release Chandler to transfer.

I can’t believe it, Riley has now announced Chandler Morris can transfer to TCU and signed off the transfer. He knows he has to recruit a Texas and Chad Morris knows a lot of Texas HS coaches!!