Vaccinated More Likely to Avoid Human Contact

Hagar

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Sounds strange, right?   Any of you have an idea/theory why?  Say 10% of them have real health problems, real concerns, but what about the rest?

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2021/03/31/huh-vaccinated-people-less-likely-socialize-vaccine-refuseniks/

Unfortunately, because of all this COVID stuff, my son is now absolutely terrified to go anywhere. He says he never wants to leave our house. He knows I've been vaccinated, and since things have opened up for everyone, my wife is getting vaccinated, too, and even with Pfizer's news about vaccines in the 12-15 age group, he's still terrified.

So at some point in the near future, we're gonna have to fix that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Unfortunately, because of all this COVID stuff, my son is now absolutely terrified to go anywhere. He says he never wants to leave our house. He knows I've been vaccinated, and since things have opened up for everyone, my wife is getting vaccinated, too, and even with Pfizer's news about vaccines in the 12-15 age group, he's still terrified.

So at some point in the near future, we're gonna have to fix that.

Knowing he’s certainly not the only one, we’re not only not educating many of our children, but we’re traumatizing many of them.   Crazy times.

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

Knowing he’s certainly not the only one, we’re not only not educating many of our children, but we’re traumatizing many of them.   Crazy times.

Well, we're still educating because we home school 😉, but I'm concerned about the trauma, for sure. I'm not sure what we're going to do to fix it.

4 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Well, we're still educating because we home school 😉, but I'm concerned about the trauma, for sure. I'm not sure what we're going to do to fix it.

This may already be going on, but no matter how bad it was or how uncertain we were, we still made a point of going on long family drives in the country. That seemed to help some when dealing with anxiety. My youngest girl went on walks or bicycle rides through the quarantine last year, too. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

This may already be going on, but no matter how bad it was or how uncertain we were, we still made a point of going on long family drives in the country. That seemed to help some when dealing with anxiety. My youngest girl went on walks or bicycle rides through the quarantine last year, too. 

We're actually having a heck of a time even getting him to consider going outside.

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

That's rough...sorry about that. Hope as news gets better and better, he will, too. 

He won't even go up to the park where we'd be outside and could distance. I don't know how long it's going to take us to fix this.

Wife and I have taken covid seriously but have not let it us stop from living our lives...we are heading out on a road trip a week from tomorrow. Our kids are grown but our youngest can really let things get to her but she has done great thru the pandemic (Im proud of her for that). Nothing effects our oldest lol. She lets everything roll off her like water off a ducks back 🦆.

Just now, EnjoyLife said:

Wife and I have taken covid seriously but have not let it us stop from living our lives...we are heading out on a road trip a week from tomorrow. Our kids are grown but our youngest can really let things get to her but she has done great thru the pandemic (Im proud of her for that). Nothing effects our oldest lol. She lets everything roll off her like water off a ducks back 🦆.

I'm fully vaccinated, and I have an underlying condition, but my wife doesn't want me/us going anywhere that we might have to interact face to face. Unless we don't have to get out of the car.