State bill would ban 'white guilt' teaching in schools

Monte1076

Republican state Rep. James White's bill would make it illegal to teach in K-12 in Texas that "an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously,"

https://www.wnd.com/2021/03/state-bill-ban-white-guilt-teaching-schools/

And here's a PDF of the bill.

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/billtext/pdf/HB04093I.pdf

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I have no guilt. I have done or said nothing about anybody or to anybody. I have been discriminated against myself. The world is a hard and cruel place, there is no safe space in the adult world. Live and adjust the best you can. The world owes you nothing.

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

That's MY representative....the man from Hillister........

Check out the bill. It's 4 pages, but has some good stuff in it.

the structure, function, and processes of government institutions at the federal, state, and local levels

the founding documents of the United States, including the Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution, the Federalist Papers (including but not limited to Essays 10 and 51), excerpts from Alexis de Tocqueville ’s Democracy in America, the first Lincoln-Douglas debate, and the writings of the Founding Fathers of the United States.

In addition to some other stuff.

I find "white guilt" to be ridiculous. Heck, you could make a good case that the white man created the modern world...at a minimum he created the nations an awful lot of non-whites want to be in based on world wide immigration patterns. As far as slavery and oppression go...that has gone on in every society through out history...yet it is only whites that have worked to make amends for the sins of their ancestors. I have not seen any Africans apologize because their ancestors sold other Africans into bondage. I have not seen the Japanese apologize for the atrocities they committed against "lesser" Chinese and Koreans during WWII.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I find "white guilt" to be ridiculous. Heck, you could make a good case that the white man created the modern world...at a minimum he created the nations an awful lot of non-whites want to be in based on world wide immigration patterns. As far as slavery and oppression go...that has gone on in every society through out history...yet it is only whites that have worked to make amends for the sins of their ancestors. I have not seen any Africans apologize because their ancestors sold other Africans into bondage. I have not seen the Japanese apologize for the atrocities they committed against "lesser" Chinese and Koreans during WWII.

What's interesting to me is that if the United States is such a racist country, that's riddled with institutional and systemic racism, then why are people from many, many different countries, races, and ethnicities wanting to come here?

9 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

What's interesting to me is that if the United States is such a racist country, that's riddled with institutional and systemic racism, then why are people from many, many different countries, races, and ethnicities wanting to come here?

Why? Because the narrative is a lie.