Henderson is a mess!

Instigator

19 hours ago, LionAlum88 said:

As a Henderson Alum, it is hard to watch what us going on with my school right now.  I have heard both good things, as well as bad things from this new administration, but I am not sure what their reasoning is behind this move.  From what I have heard, the whole agenda from the start was to turn HISD into a mini Duncanville, which is where the new admin is from.  Doesn't make sense that they would reassign the winningest coach in school history on April 1st and expect to get a good hire.  Especially since they removed the AD title.  

As Blesseddaily said, I'm sure the president Hendo clown will be in town all weekend courting the board members, shaking hands, and kissing babies, while promoting himself as the savior of the program.  I can't imagine he would be the front runner for this job though.  Word is that he was also reassigned and non-renewed yesterday in Morris County.  

There has also been word that the new administration has told the band director to start looking for a new job.  Henderson has a huge band program and this may ruffle more feathers than anything else.  It seems that they definitely don't mind ruffling feathers.

Seems that just at the high school there are going to be 30-40 spots to fill next year, with several being coaches on the boys and girls side.  I know they need a head volleyball, head girls and boys basketball to go along with all the football coaches that are about to leave.  It was mentioned in church one morning that the Asst Supt ran the boys basketball coaches off the court one day in practice and took over, then tried to get the head coach to resign.

It definitely doesn't sound like things are going to get better anytime soon.  Varsity football won 3 games this year, JV won 0, and I believe the freshman won 2 or 3 games.  Whoever gets this job will have their hands full for the next few years.  

Sounds like Hendo needs to clean house with some of the board members who have allowed this to happen and get things back on the right track!

Yea this is all true. The only thing I can’t confirm is the news on the band director but everything else is spot on. 

The assistant supt. Is the one that’s supposedly taking over. He would watch basketball practice on the security cameras from his office and then email the basketball coach after practice and tell him what he was doing wrong and what he should do differently.   He’s definitely out of line and anybody that’s going to work at HISD in the future doesn’t know what they’re getting themselves into. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, LIONMAN said:

You saw him watching cameras in his office?  Or that’s what you were told?  

So are assistant sups not qualified to be an AD? Serious question.  

Let’s just say a first hand source told me... and since when has an assistant superintendent held daily meetings with the AD and forcing the AD to run all “athletic issues” through him. Since when does an AD answer to anybody besides the Supt?

4 hours ago, LIONMAN said:

You saw him watching cameras in his office?  Or that’s what you were told?  

So are assistant sups not qualified to be an AD? Serious question.  

Or when have you heard of an Assistant Supt showing up to basketball practices and sitting in the stands to critique the coach? Or even worse, when have you ever heard of an assistant Supt making the basketball coaches sit in the stands and tell them “I’m going to show y’all how to coach basketball today” 

4 hours ago, Instigator said:

Or when have you heard of an Assistant Supt showing up to basketball practices and sitting in the stands to critique the coach? Or even worse, when have you ever heard of an assistant Supt making the basketball coaches sit in the stands and tell them “I’m going to show y’all how to coach basketball today” 

Yall need to hire that Assistant Superintendent to coach football and he can put them Carthage Bulldogs in their place.

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

“I heard it from another guy” is a rumor.  You guys are about to get this thread locked and a 1st class 1-way trip to SDC’s version of a Hawaiian vacation.

I never said I heard it from “another guy”. I said a “first hand source”. I don’t care if anybody here believes anything I have said but I know 100% it is true. Somebody needs to speak up for the good people that have been screwed over the last few weeks. Might as well speak for them myself ...

• Like 2

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

“I heard it from another guy” is a rumor.  You guys are about to get this thread locked and a 1st class 1-way trip to SDC’s version of a Hawaiian vacation.

When the exact same story is being repeated by sources from completely different areas and from different first hand knowledge of what this micro-manager is doing and what is going on with board members it ceases to be "rumor" or "hear say"...it is fact...even those that ARE in agreement (LIONMAN) don't dispute these tactics so call it what you want and send me or whomever you want to "EXILE OR ISLAND VACATION" I could care less...when you see this type of absolute garbage going on and say nothing about it you are just as guilty as those doing it. Absolutely pathetic behavior by grown adults. ALOHA!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

If this thread doesn't get locked it will BLOW.....MY.....MIND!

Hard to lock a thread that is full of facts. I can guarantee that every single thing I have said is fact. I have more that I could say but don’t want to put certain individuals personal business out there. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:09 PM, cotton84 said:

1) A not very good one.....or 

2) A very young coordinator(age range of 28 - 33 roughly) wanting a stepping stone job.....or

3) A decent one near retirement that just wants to work/coach August to Nov/Dec. 

or buddy of school board president 

On 4/3/2021 at 5:15 PM, Instigator said:

Uh sir now in Henderson it’s a thing now, didn’t you know?? 

48 minutes ago, Alumni said:

So recruiting? 

It’s not recruiting, When one school/program stinks so bad people want to leave it, or when their parents find better jobs working for a better school district such as CISD. 

There is absolutely nothing appealing about the Henderson program and school district as a whole right now. 

• Like 1

It’s really convenient when those parents get jobs within the district so that their star athletes can go to school. Yeahhh not recruiting at all. 

I won’t ever say Henderson is great trust me on that