2021 FOOTBALL SCHEDULES

BlahBlah

Guest Tiger03lb
35 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Non district schedule looks to be pretty stout 

Yeah. Makes up for the district schedule that we have. 

Celina Bobcats 2021 Schedule

8/12  -  at Royse City (scrimmage)
8/19  -  vs Frisco Heritage (QB Club BBQ scrimmage)
8/27  -  at Melissa
9/3    -  vs Paris
9/10   -  at Argyle
9/17   -  at Paul Pewitt
9/24  -  vs Dallas Nike Football
9/30  -  at Boerne
10/8   -  vs Aubrey
10/15  -  at Krum
10/22 -  vs Van Alstyne
11/5    -  at Sanger

7 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Celina Bobcats 2021 Schedule

8/12  -  at Royse City (scrimmage)
8/19  -  vs Frisco Heritage (QB Club BBQ scrimmage)
8/27  -  at Melissa
9/3    -  vs Paris
9/10   -  at Argyle
9/17   -  at Paul Pewitt
9/24  -  vs Dallas Nike Football
9/30  -  at Boerne
10/8   -  vs Aubrey
10/15  -  at Krum
10/22 -  vs Van Alstyne
11/5    -  at Sanger

Very strong non district schedule 

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Very strong non district schedule 

Should be some really tough matchups, which will be good for the Bobcats, who will have probably their most serious contending team since 2015. This group will be just a shade younger, overall, than that group was, but there’s potential for them to be that good.

54 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Should be some really tough matchups, which will be good for the Bobcats, who will have probably their most serious contending team since 2015. This group will be just a shade younger, overall, than that group was, but there’s potential for them to be that good.

I agree with your earlier post that Gilmer will play Celina in the semifinals. 

7 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

So, Nike is basically sponsoring their own version of IMG Academy?

Perhaps. I’d never heard of the school until I saw them on Celina’s schedule. They don’t appear to be anywhere near IMG’s caliber, not yet anyway. Looking at their 2020 schedule will just kinda make you say “meh.” But I’m sure they’ll be talented and have some really good athletes, so I don’t wanna underscore them too much out of sheer ignorance.

I guess this is their first season, Huh?  Give em a couple of seasons and they may be able to contend with IMG......as the Texas answer to IMG.   Don't know how long IMG has been at it, but in Texas......esp. the Dallas area......with the right players recruited they might become something special.  They will need the right kind of coaches, too.......and that may be difficult early on.  Building a very competitive and exclusive program takes time, but probably not nearly as much time in the DFW Metroplex.  Heck, Denton County alone is loaded with quality football players and getting even more loaded each year.

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I guess this is their first season, Huh?  Give em a couple of seasons and they may be able to contend with IMG......as the Texas answer to IMG.   Don't know how long IMG has been at it, but in Texas......esp. the Dallas area......with the right players recruited they might become something special.  They will need the right kind of coaches, too.......and that may be difficult early on.  Building a very competitive and exclusive program takes time, but probably not nearly as much time in the DFW Metroplex.  Heck, Denton County alone is loaded with quality football players and getting even more loaded each year.

Same goes for Collin County......just players from those two counties alone could field a heckuva team for Nike Dallas.

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Unless I read it wrong, it looks like they played a condensed schedule last season. Went 6-2 from what I could tell. And like I said earlier, the schedule they played won't jump out at you by any stretch of the imagination. But it might have been the best they could do, given the circumstances of 2020. Didn't really recognize any of the name they had on their 2021 roster. It'll be interesting to see what they bring to the table for sure.

26 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Crawfishin' on an agreed game looks pretty bad too....

Were any pre scheduled games prior to Covid officially carried over (between 5A teams and below)? Maybe the only way McKinney North agreed to a game last season was that the series would continue into this season? 

I’m sure Marshall and Carthage will be on each other’s schedule again next season.

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Were any pre scheduled games prior to Covid officially carried over (between 5A teams and below)? Maybe the only way McKinney North agreed to a game last season was that the series would continue into this season? 

I’m sure Marshall and Carthage will be on each other’s schedule again next season.

I really don't know how it played out.  I was just joking really.  I know the restrictions placed on us by the government really screwed up schedules for this cycle.

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

I really don't know how it played out.  I was just joking really.  I know the restrictions placed on us by the government really screwed up schedules for this cycle.

It was the UIL trying to be cute making 5A and 6A start at a different time that really screwed everything 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

A loss to McKinney North looks better than a loss to Carthage would be my guess.

Loss?  The same McKinney North we beat 48-22 last year????

8 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Crawfishin' on an agreed game looks pretty bad too....

Come on man!  Seriously? 

Marshall didn’t back out or crawfish playing Carthage.   It was a scheduling conflict and nothing more. 

If we can line up against Longview annually I’m sure we work up the courage to play Carthage too. 🙄

Fully expect the Bulldogs to be back on the schedule in 2022 unless UIL does something screwy with alignment. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

It was the UIL trying to be cute making 5A and 6A start at a different time that really screwed everything 

Could of been even cuter and canceled everything outright or at best till spring. 

8 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

A loss to McKinney North looks better than a loss to Carthage would be my guess.

Why, just because Carthage is in 4a? There shouldn't be no shame in losing to a program like Carthage