2021 FOOTBALL SCHEDULES

BlahBlah

42 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Could of been even cuter and canceled everything outright or at best till spring. 

I for one was thrilled they didn't cancel everything outright.

Spring football would have been a better option than cancelling..... but it would have disrupted a lot more than doing it how they did it.  It totally would have wrecked havoc on so many things.....

1.  district and playoff basketball.
2.  Soccer scheduling would have been a nightmare.
3.  Baseball would have been difficult
4.  Track would have been decimated

UIL had a tough decision.... and they had to balance the CYA and the needs of the players.

Hindsight being 20/20....they would have been better off leaving it as is.  While COVID was ugly in September/October of last year locally.... it was a complete nightmare in Dec/Jan/Feb.... while the playoffs were ongoing.  Both hospitals in Longview were overrun at that time.  Never seen anything like it in my 20 years.

I'm just glad that it looks like things will mostly be back to normal by September unless we see a variant wave like part of Europe and India have.  Luckily.... we've had an even better response to the vaccine than I ever believed.  I was skeptical.  Esp for Texas.  Glad I was wrong.

Can't wait to see some packed out stadiums again this fall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Could of been even cuter and canceled everything outright or at best till spring. 

Could have just played everything with 4A and below and not screwed a ton of schedules.  

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Could have just played everything with 4A and below and not screwed a ton of schedules.  

It actually would have been safer. 
But like I said.  Hind sight is 20/20. 

On 5/24/2021 at 6:43 PM, Mavchamp said:

Loss?  The same McKinney North we beat 48-22 last year????

Come on man!  Seriously? 

Marshall didn’t back out or crawfish playing Carthage.   It was a scheduling conflict and nothing more. 

If we can line up against Longview annually I’m sure we work up the courage to play Carthage too. 🙄

Fully expect the Bulldogs to be back on the schedule in 2022 unless UIL does something screwy with alignment. 

You quit reading after the first post?  Don't be so sensitive....It was a joke!!!

On 5/24/2021 at 7:47 PM, Mavchamp said:

I for one was thrilled they didn't cancel everything outright.

Spring football would have been a better option than cancelling..... but it would have disrupted a lot more than doing it how they did it.  It totally would have wrecked havoc on so many things.....

1.  district and playoff basketball.
2.  Soccer scheduling would have been a nightmare.
3.  Baseball would have been difficult
4.  Track would have been decimated

UIL had a tough decision.... and they had to balance the CYA and the needs of the players.

Hindsight being 20/20....they would have been better off leaving it as is.  While COVID was ugly in September/October of last year locally.... it was a complete nightmare in Dec/Jan/Feb.... while the playoffs were ongoing.  Both hospitals in Longview were overrun at that time.  Never seen anything like it in my 20 years.

I'm just glad that it looks like things will mostly be back to normal by September unless we see a variant wave like part of Europe and India have.  Luckily.... we've had an even better response to the vaccine than I ever believed.  I was skeptical.  Esp for Texas.  Glad I was wrong.

Can't wait to see some packed out stadiums again this fall.

what, COVID was fake?!?!

dripping in sarcasm

On 5/24/2021 at 10:52 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Were any pre scheduled games prior to Covid officially carried over (between 5A teams and below)? Maybe the only way McKinney North agreed to a game last season was that the series would continue into this season? 

I’m sure Marshall and Carthage will be on each other’s schedule again next season.

I still haven’t seen Kilgore’s schedule. Totally welcome playing at Carthage if last year’s schedule carries out to this fall. Just don’t know why Alvarado would make a 2.5 hour drive to Kilgore this fall to get another beat down like last year.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

what, COVID was fake?!?!

dripping in sarcasm

I wish that were the case.  I wouldn't be  recovering alcoholic now.....lmao.  JKKKKK.

My work life would have been much easier.... esp in Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar.  Never seen anything like it.  Hope to never again.  I have no words to describe some of the things I've seen people endure.

Winter HS Football was a God-send for me personally.

Even a beatdown from Carthage would have been welcomed. 😛

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

They can’t get away from Longview unfortunately. Carthage vs Marshall has potential for a great rivalry.  Actually a break from the lobos is good for both.

I would think and hope that in more years than not, Carthage and Marshall would be a very good, competitive game each time.  I know it wasn't the case last time, but the year before sure was a heck of a game! I don't see how that game, win or loss, could be bad for either school year in and year out.  

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I agree . I was talking about Longview and Marshall needing to take a break. Lopsided “ rivals “ does no good for either. It may help the Mavs seeing how they’re better than anything in District or comparable to a strong playoff opponent. Teams like Kilgore and Carthage are a better fit.

Longview is on a whole different level than pretty much every other team in East Texas...

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I agree . I was talking about Longview and Marshall needing to take a break. Lopsided “ rivals “ does no good for either. It may help the Mavs seeing how they’re better than anything in District or comparable to a strong playoff opponent. Teams like Kilgore and Carthage are a better fit.

I’m totally for Kilgore renewing their rivalry with the Mavs.

15 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

They can’t get away from Longview unfortunately. Carthage vs Marshall has potential for a great rivalry.  Actually a break from the lobos is good for both.

Don't say that. Please don't break my hope that the series will end soon. It's well past time to put the 'rivalry' to dead (in football at least, other sports it's a great game).

• LOL! 2

44 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I agree that is unfortunate for the mavs. Heck even when Marshall was extremely good they still didn’t beat Longview. 

I wouldn't say that. The series was competitive, on the field at least, until the Mavs dropped down to 4A. It's only really in the last 20 years that, with the continuing growing of Longview ISD and the lack there of from Marshall ISD, that it's really gotten out of hand (particularly since 2011 on...minus 2015).

The last 5 years especially have been absolute bloodbaths that were over before the game even started.

38 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I wish the first two were games but maybe next year Kilgore and Henderson will get Carthage back on the schedule.

Hopefully. I would love to see Kilgore, Carthage, Gilmer, and Henderson in one district. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
10 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

West Rusk Raiders 2021 football schedule! 

FD504E0C-6C82-45F9-B966-DE302300F57F.jpeg

That's a good pre district schedule for you guys