2021 Carthage DAWGS, will they play for # 9

14 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Okay. You have a Tatum guy (Cowboy) Who is been a Carthage fan since their success "lately". Back when they didn't make it all the way he was a "Tatum" fan.

15 use to be the "guru" of Carthage football all of sudden he takes on SH. Now he's still a guru on the Dawgs.

# 10 is they lost one under Sleepy. Hope this helps.

Ahh ok, gotcha. I think I was confused because you quoted me but were talking about someone else. Thought you were talking about me 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

If I had to guess I’d say the Carthage QB will be the JV QB from last year. About the same size as Horton. 

This is what I'm hearing as well.  How often have the Dawgs had a running QB?  Sure,  Morgan had some wheels,  but how often did he use them?  There may have been more,  but the one I most recall was that game in hendo in 2010? maybe.  A running QB is at more risk of being injured. This is no knock against Rock.  Saw him makes some great throws last year.  Only time will tell.  We'll all know in about 5-6 months.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:49 PM, BlackShirtD said:

#9 on the way.   D will be the game changer.   

D will definitely be good.....But one d-lineman graduating and Coach P probably losing another d-lineman probably will hurt a little, at least for a few games. 

I just can't see anyone stopping Carthage on that side of the bracket in Div. II. If they have a serviceable offense, they'll get back to the championship game. That defense will be crazy good. Even if it was just Kip Lewis coming back, I'd probably be saying the same things.

I know Gilmer will be good again, but I'll say Celina makes it back to the state title game again after a six-year drought. Bobcats bring back a ton of talent from a young team that went through some growing pains last year and ended up probably going a little farther than expected, and yet, somehow, not as far as expected once the train finally got moving.

Bobcats vs Dawgs in 2021 ... both playing for No. 9

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

I just can't see anyone stopping Carthage on that side of the bracket in Div. II. If they have a serviceable offense, they'll get back to the championship game. That defense will be crazy good. Even if it was just Kip Lewis coming back, I'd probably be saying the same things.

I know Gilmer will be good again, but I'll say Celina makes it back to the state title game again after a six-year drought. Bobcats bring back a ton of talent from a young team that went through some growing pains last year and ended up probably going a little farther than expected, and yet, somehow, not as far as expected once the train finally got moving.

Bobcats vs Dawgs in 2021 ... both playing for No. 9

Now that would be a very compelling storyline! I wouldn't mind seeing that.  

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Now that would be a very compelling storyline! I wouldn't mind seeing that.  

It would be a fun storyline, no doubt!

For over a decade Celina was what Carthage is now (and has been for also a decade+), and it was the Dawgs who essentially ended that reign in 2008 and took over the mantle as THE premier powerhouse (speaking in relative small-school context here), which kept the Bobcats from that elusive ninth state title.

To see the old power (looking for a return to relevancy) rise up again to take on the new order which ended its canonical reign, both vying for that ninth trophy. Yeah, I'll take that, both as a TXHSFB fan in general and a Celina fan!

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Which other D linemen besides K lister. 
the other three were juniors. 
Another junior number 80 played in every game and not just as a back up. 

C&C - Cotton is usually on point.  So when he says “losing” it could be to a move or it could be to the offensive side of the ball.  Both returning interior DL were really good OL at the sub varsity level.  It would make sense to protect a new QB with your best dudes, especially if the incoming Jr class has a couple of DL that can play immediately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

It would be a fun storyline, no doubt!

For over a decade Celina was what Carthage is now (and has been for also a decade+), and it was the Dawgs who essentially ended that reign in 2008 and took over the mantle as THE premier powerhouse (speaking in relative small-school context here), which kept the Bobcats from that elusive ninth state title.

To see the old power (looking for a return to relevancy) rise up again to take on the new order which ended its canonical reign, both vying for that ninth trophy. Yeah, I'll take that, both as a TXHSFB fan in general and a Celina fan!

If it doesn't work out that way, If you wrote a book or short story about it I'd read it. Haha.  The way you described it got me pumped for the possibility entirely too soon! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

C&C - Cotton is usually on point.  So when he says “losing” it could be to a move or it could be to the offensive side of the ball.  Both returning interior DL were really good OL at the sub varsity level.  It would make sense to protect a new QB with your best dudes, especially if the incoming Jr class has a couple of DL that can play immediately.

I never thought about that way. 
I hope we have good O linemen coming up because that defense could be in the Daingerfield of 83 class. Not 14 shut out good but dominating good. Even better than last year. 

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

S S would not want a really athletic center or guard, would he ? 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...