2021 Carthage DAWGS, will they play for # 9

23 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

D6CCF87C-AADF-428D-A102-4A6F368E858A.png

No one else in East Texas will ever have that many rings.  The 8th one on the left pinky is a little obscured. It doesn't matter what class they are in, they have done it in the class they play. Just like Katy (8) and Southlake (7) have done in 6A and Aledo (10) in 5A. Not easy.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

This is true! MM has already played the part of one Carthage man, why not THE man?!

It's not the most unbelievable fake news someone has made for social media.  And would make for a much better movie about Carthage. 😂

22 hours ago, house said:

Any truth to the story I'm hearing of a movie about Surratt?  

22 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I'm pretty sure it's fake.  Stupid social media BS. lol

I don't know about the movie part, but I can confirm the McConaughey part: fake news.

Besides...  what would the story even be? It's not like Friday Night Lights where there were all these subplots and intrigues. I can understand if someone wanted to do a documentary, but a feature film? I don't get it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

I don't know about the movie part, but I can confirm the McConaughey part: fake news.

Besides...  what would the story even be? It's not like Friday Night Lights where there were all these subplots and intrigues. I can understand if someone wanted to do a documentary, but a feature film? I don't get it...

Agreed! If anything ever did develop, it would make much more sense for a documentary. 

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

What Surratt has done in the past 14-15 years, in my opinion, is certainly worthy of a documentary. And even though I'm not a Carthage fan, I'd for sure watch that film.

Hell I’d watch any good documentary over Texas high school football. Lol

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Hell I’d watch any good documentary over Texas high school football. Lol

Exactly. I even loved that web series that KETK did on Spring Hill. 

If it's about TxHSFB, I'll watch it.  

2 hours ago, LOL said:

You don't know much about Carthage do ya?  Lol

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

You don't know much about Carthage do ya?  Lol

I do, actually...  but nothing I'm at liberty to discuss on a public message board.  ;) 

To be honest, I loved the Bernie movie. I dated a girl who attended Panola right around the time all this happened. She was in the Theatre department. I interacted with Bernie on multiple occasions, saw him and Marjorie Nugent at events. I also worked in Carthage (briefly) in the early '00s. So...  yeah, I know where a few bodies are buried. 

But that is the thing I wish more Carthage folks would realize about this little meme that's now gone East Texas viral: if Hollywood is interested, it's only because there's something sleazy going on.

18 minutes ago, LOL said:

I do, actually...  but nothing I'm at liberty to discuss on a public message board.  ;) 

To be honest, I loved the Bernie movie. I dated a girl who attended Panola right around the time all this happened. She was in the Theatre department. I interacted with Bernie on multiple occasions, saw him and Marjorie Nugent at events. I also worked in Carthage (briefly) in the early '00s. So...  yeah, I know where a few bodies are buried. 

But that is the thing I wish more Carthage folks would realize about this little meme that's now gone East Texas viral: if Hollywood is interested, it's only because there's something sleazy going on.

Ok,  yeah that best sums it up.

• Like 1