2021 Carthage DAWGS, will they play for # 9

This is going to be an interesting predistrict for Carthage.  Crosby will be a big test due to their size and recent history.  SA Cornerstone has been consistent the last few years.  I am sure there are a few schools in LA that have an opening if they need to fill one more.

This should be fun.

I really like the first 2 opponents should be a good test.  Wish we didn't have those 2 open dates after week 2 though.  Surely someone can fill one of those spots.  What are the Cowboys doing on Sept 10th?

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

I really like the first 2 opponents should be a good test.  Wish we didn't have those 2 open dates after week 2 though.  Surely someone can fill one of those spots.  What are the Cowboys doing on Sept 10th?

Shakin’ in their boots....😱😜😎

5 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

They are only missing one game as the other would be a planned bye week. Not much difference between 9-0 vs 10-0 in big picture.  Besides Surratt has already proven he doesn’t need 10 games to get his team playing at a high level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

They are only missing one game as the other would be a planned bye week. Not much difference between 9-0 vs 10-0 in big picture.  Besides Surratt has already proven he doesn’t need 10 games to get his team playing at a high level.

That's not the issue.  I want more Bulldog football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Nahh it’s regular season.  More like 49-21.

Yeah,  that 70 was an unusual score.  Unusual only because there could've been many more like that that haven't been.  Wonder what the trigger was?  A pep rally speech?  A certain banner hanging in GHS hallway?  I can only speculate.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I don’t think anyone will score 21 points on the Dawgs. 
Nobody did it last year. 

Yeah, it pains me to say it, but I think C&C is right. It will take a special offense to score 21 against this Carthage defense. That unit is going to be gross.

Hell, it would take a special offense to score 21 points against just Kip Lewis.

• Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

53 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Yeah, it pains me to say it, but I think C&C is right. It will take a special offense to score 21 against this Carthage defense. That unit is going to be gross.

Hell, it would take a special offense to score 21 points against just Kip Lewis.

I hear what you are saying, but I am of the opinion that a few of the Dawg D returning from 2020 could move to the offensive side of the ball for 2021 to fill some holes.  Will that make enough of an impact to give up 21 points that early in the season?  Who knows.  Gilmer picked up a D1 WR in the off-season, and bring back some key offensive players in 2021.  49-21 sounds about right.

18 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I hear what you are saying, but I am of the opinion that a few of the Dawg D returning from 2020 could move to the offensive side of the ball for 2021 to fill some holes.  Will that make enough of an impact to give up 21 points that early in the season?  Who knows.  Gilmer picked up a D1 WR in the off-season, and bring back some key offensive players in 2021.  49-21 sounds about right.

I think it all just depends on progression and improvement for each unit.  The Gilmer offense could be greatly improved and as crazy as it sounds considering how good they were last year, the Carthage defense could be even more dominant than last year.  

I could see a similar score to last year's regular season.  Or I could also see an even better defensive performance from Carthage.  A lot of it will also depend on the progress of the new Carthage QB.  If the offense is up to snuff as usual, it will make it even easier on that dominant defense.  But if the new QB is still finding his footing, it could leave more opportunities for Gilmer and their usually explosive offense.  

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

What receiver did Gilmer pick up this offseason?

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Oh wow, that will be a big pickup for the Buckeyes. Rockwell and Fluellen will be a nice tandem that will be tough, tough on defenses. Is it enough to overtake Carthage? Maybe. Probably not, but maybe. If Gilmer's defense builds off what I think was a nice bounce-back year for them in 2020, then the narrative could change. If the Black Flag unit makes a true return, and they showed glimpses, then that will play a factor as well.

9 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Oh wow, that will be a big pickup for the Buckeyes. Rockwell and Fluellen will be a nice tandem that will be tough, tough on defenses. Is it enough to overtake Carthage? Maybe. Probably not, but maybe. If Gilmer's defense builds off what I think was a nice bounce-back year for them in 2020, then the narrative could change. If the Black Flag unit makes a true return, and they showed glimpses, then that will play a factor as well.

Exactly.  That’s why my 49-21 score prediction is reasonable, even against the vaunted Dawg D.  It will NOT be 70-14.

3 hours ago, BuckNut said:

I don’t think Carthage will score 49 on Gilmer unless Gilmer gives them several. I think the gap between the two will not be as broad as some of y’all think.  Keep boasting pride comes before the fall.  

I may be wrong but that D will be bigger, stronger, and faster. Number 20 and 80 played in every game when players needed a break add 22, 26, and 28 that were hitting machines on kick offs and backups on defense. 
The offense want have to score a lot. 
The only thing the offense can’t do is turn the ball over and even then it will take an outstanding offense to score on this Dawg D. One thing the Dawgs have always had is good offensive linemen waiting their turn. 
I don’t believe any team will score 21 points on this team.