UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson

Slickarick

33 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

You guys throw out names, but do they actually want to leave their position?  You guys say this guy has been with Surratt as a top guy for 12 years... he has had plenty of opportunities to leave if he actually wanted to go.  

I can tell you for a fact, this is one of those joke suggestions. Haha

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RKS21 said:

Grif is the Man for the Job 

3-4 years ago Griff was not able to make the 1st Quarter of the game.........Worst offensive quarter Carthage has had in the Surratt era..........But the last 3 quarters that night were much much better........Tru storie

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

3-4 years ago Griff was not able to make the 1st Quarter of the game.........Worst offensive quarter Carthage has had in the Surratt era..........But the last 3 quarters that night were much much better........Tru storie

To be clear, He’s a lovely man. Lol. 

12 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Remember the time Griff showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

• LOL! 5

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Remember the time Griff showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

All Henderson has to do is steal his notebook. They'll be winning State in no time. 

• LOL! 1

On 4/14/2021 at 6:21 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

That is so not true. Now like @LOL said let's talk about who we would like to see next. The other is history.

This tells me you have no clue about all of this. Invitations were hand delivered to the superintendent's office. If he didn't get them to the administrators and board members, then it's on him.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

I’m not sure whether it’s a good thing or a bad thing that this thread is so much longer than the Kilgore open thread.

Well when I started it I was afraid it would be locked like the 1st one. Due to all the rumors flying around and the new admin and etc..So part of it is that. I just hope they let the new guy coach and bring in who they need to be successful. Maybe in a few years build a new HS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Well when I started it I was afraid it would be locked like the 1st one. Due to all the rumors flying around and the new admin and etc..So part of it is that. I just hope they let the new guy coach and bring in who they need to be successful. Maybe in a few years build a new HS. 

I've been hearing of some quality candidates. Like you said it may take a little while to get the program built back up but I'm very optimistic for Henderson.

4 hours ago, Slickarick said:

They are going to have to let him bring in who he needs, everyone else is leaving. 

33 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

New AD should be able to hire what head coaches he wants.

New football coach(and other head coaches) should be able to bring in who he wants.

Sounds like a total house cleaning.

A program built on a solid foundation can only go up...☝️👌

• Like 2

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson