UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson

Slickarick

2 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Yes, that was presumptive on my part BUT considering how the supe and asst. supe have acted I believe all they will be able to hire is a "yes" man that will just do exactly what the two head clowns want...no coach worth his salt will put up with being watched at practice and then critiqued and lectured on how "they should be doing it" from an assistant supe or anybody else as far as that goes...believe me, the coaching circles are small and word travels fast...

I gotcha.  And that is of course possible.  But hypothetically speaking, we don't know who this new coach will be? As a x's and o's coach or as a mentor to young people.  

8 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Nick Saban does both with extreme success on the football field. Hate to use him as an example because he's in a league of his own but some of these people act like he accomplished a lot as an AD/hfc.

From my understanding he knew this was coming months ago. So what's the uproar all about?

Many in the community, and coaches statewide  know exactly why there has been such an uproar...getting fired or reassigned is absolutely nothing new in the coaching world and it happens every year BUT there are ways to handle the situation that are right and those "ways" are used by 90% of the school districts and then there are ways to handle the situation that are considered classless, dirty and just wrong. Those districts and their admins are pretty much known throughout the coaching world and avoided like the plague...now Hendo's new supe and asst. supe have shown themselves to be that type of admins and word will spread quickly...Hendo has also lost lots of quality teachers throughout the system...and will continue to lose good teachers as long as they are treated like...well, like crud...to put it nicely...that's what the uproar is about.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Yea that's great and ideal even if you can do both, but if you can do only one you should probably be the great coach when in position of a HFC and/or AD.  Since, you know, the job is to coach football. Is some of you guys' favorite movie Facing the Giants or something?

People forget the job duties of a HFC and AD are 2 completely different things...

AD- Money, Administration, Interviewing, Putting the right people in the right places to succeed, fundraising, public speaking, etc etc etc...

HFC- Win football games, turn boys into respectable young men.  Win.  Win.  Win.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:11 PM, blesseddaily said:

Many in the community, and coaches statewide  know exactly why there has been such an uproar...getting fired or reassigned is absolutely nothing new in the coaching world and it happens every year BUT there are ways to handle the situation that are right and those "ways" are used by 90% of the school districts and then there are ways to handle the situation that are considered classless, dirty and just wrong. Those districts and their admins are pretty much known throughout the coaching world and avoided like the plague...now Hendo's new supe and asst. supe have shown themselves to be that type of admins and word will spread quickly...Hendo has also lost lots of quality teachers throughout the system...and will continue to lose good teachers as long as they are treated like...well, like crud...to put it nicely...that's what the uproar is about.

So why did he go to the admin. and ask them to PLEASE help him hire some coaches IF he's so upstanding in the coaches community?

Not one head coach have I asked yet except for that wanna be at PP has ever give him a thumbs up. True story since you started putting people down.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:22 PM, MavGrad99 said:

People forget the job duties of a HFC and AD are 2 completely different things...

AD- Money, Administration, Interviewing, Putting the right people in the right places to succeed, fundraising, public speaking, etc etc etc...

HFC- Win football games, turn boys into respectable young men.  Win.  Win.  Win.

Mav from what I understand this a church deal. Hilarious to say the least when someone knows they're gone for a "very good while."

12 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Not necessarily . You could get someone good. I expect a transitional period. Competitive . Hopefully the lions get their guy. I believe castles is a good coach but maybe not the best fit. This isn’t a knock on him cause he did win some and ran a clean program. I hope nothing but the best for Henderson.

Decent DC until it come to Surratt exploiting him. When he lost Matt Langley (oc) it went down hill. That's not counting him not doing his job as AD.

But his time is over and done with. Let's talk about who we would like lol

6 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So he was great at his AD duties? Prove it with a link please. Plus football players were moving out of there left and right.

Now prove me wrong big boy!

So what players moved out “right and left”? Two moved to Carthage. One of them moved bc his dad thought he should be playing a different position. Another moved to Weet Rusk bc he didn’t want to play offensive line. So should Castles have catered to the players and let them play the position they wanted? Do you know some other BS that you want to share or are you just talking bc you have something against Castles?

1 minute ago, Instigator said:

So what players moved out “right and left”? Two moved to Carthage. One of them moved bc his dad thought he should be playing a different position. Another moved to Weet Rusk bc he didn’t want to play offensive line. So should Castles have catered to the players and let them play the position they wanted? Do you know some other BS that you want to share or are you just talking bc you have something against Castles?

All were all district or all state Miss Castles or the kids.

1 hour ago, Instigator said:

What position did the dad want his son to play ?

2 hours ago, Instigator said:

Link please? Proof one time please besides the FBC thang? 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Link please? Proof one time please besides the FBC thang? 

I have no idea what you just said. 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:22 PM, cotton84 said:

What position did the dad want his son to play ?

QB and had issues with the previous baseball coach also

• LOL! 2

Ex volleyball coach is also expressing feelings on here. smh

On 4/10/2021 at 2:12 PM, Instigator said:

I have no idea what you just said. 

I was asking if you could provide links instead of hearsay Miss Castles.

Also, it's so laughable that a certain church thinks they are going to change things :rofl:

He's gone for good. It's time to rally around the next hire if your from Henderson.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 4/10/2021 at 6:13 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Also, it's so laughable that a certain church thinks they are going to change things :rofl:

He's gone for good. It's time to rally around the next hire if your from Henderson.

I have my doubts about the church changing anything, except for the board. Henderson Football Banquet will be tonight. Going to be interesting to see who attends for the kids.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:12 PM, Instigator said:

QB and had issues with the previous baseball coach also

Didn’t both kids get all district and have been starters for two years? Oh and two state rings? Don’t know the kids or their families personally but I would think they are pretty happy with the way things turned out. Hell, makes them look pretty smart with how things are going in Henderson 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PrideMember said:

I have my doubts about the church changing anything, except for the board. Henderson Football Banquet will be tonight. Going to be interesting to see who attends for the kids.

Remember it's invites only. So if someone isn't there there's a very good chance they didn't get invited.

7 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Board members don't buy tickets they get invited. Sorry for the mix up.

It's ok, thank for clearing it up. Just saying, I would like to think it was for the kids and if someone wanted to support them the would by a ticket. I imagine whoever paid for this banquet would like to recover some cost.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 6:13 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Actually this one is not like moves in the past, the church doesn’t have anything to do with this move. 

and as far as Mrs. (not Miss) Castles, I do not know her personally but I very seriously doubt she would be on a message board trying to defend her husband. 

The only reason I have expressed as much as I have is because of the way this has all been handled to people that I know. I agree with some of the other people in here... coaches get moved all the time but there is a professional way to do it. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson