UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson

Slickarick

On 4/13/2021 at 10:47 AM, CoachPelvisPresley said:

honestly, like at most schools...I would think whether just for courteousness or not, all board members would be invited to all the events like this...period.

They were in the past.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:15 AM, RKS21 said:

What month did the SB take no action on his contract

Early Feb but from my understanding it was known well before that the contract wasn't gonna be renewed. Just what I was told soooo.

On 4/13/2021 at 8:34 AM, chubbychecker said:

Spoken like a true "my stuff don't stink" board member is what that sounds like.  But that's none of my business. 

kermit-the-frog-drinking-tea.jpg

So, why do you keep sticking your nose into something you know NOTHING about? Isn't that trolling someone?

31 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So, why do you keep sticking your nose into something you know NOTHING about? Isn't that trolling someone?

So not only do you cry trolling on the political side, but you also do it on the sports side? SMH, grow a pair and take a conversation with a grain of salt and stay out your feelings

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 1:03 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

You need a tissue? 

On 4/13/2021 at 1:03 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I must have hit close to home, or close to the school board seat....

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Doesn't seem like anyone is interested in talking about who it could be. More interested in arguing about Castles. Nothing can be done about it now, so lets talk about the future of the program and hopefully they will bring in a guy that will be good for these kids.

I'll ask again....Does anyone know of any possible names for this one?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Doesn't seem like anyone is interested in talking about who it could be. More interested in arguing about Castles. Nothing can be done about it now, so lets talk about the future of the program and hopefully they will bring in a guy that will be good for these kids.

I'll ask again....Does anyone know of any possible names for this one?

It’s the year 2021 and unfortunately it’s just commonplace now for half of people to just want to whine and complain about anything they disagree with.  There is nothing wrong with venting... to your SO or friends. Personally not what I’d do on a online message board, but to each their own I guess. 

I don’t know of any names personally, but I hope this job gets a quality candidate who can potentially elevate the program. I love to see all the East texas area schools competitive.

32 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Doesn't seem like anyone is interested in talking about who it could be...

21 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I don’t know of any names personally...

^^^ Yeah...  this.

I am totally out of the loop here, but it strikes me as odd that there are no names being mentioned. You look over the Smoaky high school forum and just about any time there's a resignation/reassignment you'll see two or three names thrown around...  not counting the comedians who namedrop Kerry Strong, Mike Thomas, Nick Saban, et al. 

Many moons ago was I something of a kinda-sorta Henderson "insider" (but not really), and it seemed like there was never a staffing change made without some clear candidates for replacement in mind. Regardless of your opinion of Castles, he was (at least) the "devil you know." I find it hard to believe that HISD would've pulled the trigger without having a heavy-hitter waiting in the wings. Am I wrong?

Any of you Henderson folks hearing any names? Is there a strong candidate in mind? 

4 minutes ago, LOL said:

^^^ Yeah...  this.

I am totally out of the loop here, but it strikes me as odd that there are no names being mentioned. You look over the Smoaky high school forum and just about any time there's a resignation/reassignment you'll see two or three names thrown around...  not counting the comedians who namedrop Kerry Strong, Mike Thomas, Nick Saban, et al. 

Many moons ago was I something of a kinda-sorta Henderson "insider" (but not really), and it seemed like there was never a staffing change made without some clear candidates for replacement in mind. Regardless of your opinion of Castles, he was (at least) the "devil you know." I find it hard to believe that HISD would've pulled the trigger without having a heavy-hitter waiting in the wings. Am I wrong?

Any of you Henderson folks hearing any names? Is there a strong candidate in mind? 

BACA!

21 minutes ago, LOL said:

Are you serious, or is he the new Kerry Strong? I can't keep up with you young hipsters and your dadgum meme-ing. 

Look for a DFW coach most likely to come out on this one. few names floating around, Not gonna give hints or code until i confirm. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:38 AM, LOL said:

Are you serious, or is he the new Kerry Strong? I can't keep up with you young hipsters and your dadgum meme-ing. 

I guess I am an old hipster then......does remembering the Nixon years put me in the old category yet?

On 4/14/2021 at 10:01 AM, Slickarick said:

Look for a DFW coach most likely to come out on this one. few names floating around, Not gonna give hints or code until i confirm. 

I was kinda thinking he was more like Swaim

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

I was kinda thinking he was more like Swaim

Lol..that guy.. if he ever goes and gets a job again its gonna be awesome. Just cuz no one will expect it. But a former Green and Gold eagle coordinator told me he may put in for it. Wont give up who yet or any further hints till i know for sure.

2 hours ago, LOL said:

^^^ Yeah...  this.

I'm not sure but let's get it started. Here's a couple I wouldn't mind my alma mater getting even though I live in LV now. Clint Harper or Drew Coleman.

blob.png

blob.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RKS21 said:

Grif is the Man for the Job 

You guys throw out names, but do they actually want to leave their position?  You guys say this guy has been with Surratt as a top guy for 12 years... he has had plenty of opportunities to leave if he actually wanted to go.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson