UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson

Slickarick

On 5/12/2021 at 1:55 PM, chubbychecker said:

How many football coaches does Henderson have at the Varsity level?  How many varsity coaches from last years staff are returning?

The football coaches were brought in to meet with acting AD Shannon Bennett and were told that their contracts were not coming until May at the earliest, but not to expect keeping their job because they are giving the new guy freedom to do whatever.  This was in April when Castles was first reassigned.  If I was in their shoes, I'd look for another job as well because it is bein g implied wouldn't have jobs in May.  Coordinators I can expect that conversation to be had so the new guy can bring his coordinators in, but an entire staff in April?  Bad move on Bennett's part, you've handcuffed the guy they are bringing in.  Robinson already had a stacked decked against him before taking the job.

The Oline guys and Dline guys are gone.  One of oline coaches posted something on social media about going somewhere else, not sur where.

Now, it maybe a coaches market right now, but the coaching world is really small, and I can't think many coaches who would have once looked at Henderson would even give it a second look right now when you start conducting business like that, especially when they all start talking about how it was handled.

It's the middle of May and football practice is 3 months away and everyone is still talking Henderson football. This season is going to be bananas if don't they win it all ..LOL Henderson football is relevant again and all it took was an outsider being hired as the HC... 

46 minutes ago, Lumberlion82 said:

It's the middle of May and football practice is 3 months away and everyone is still talking Henderson football. This season is going to be bananas if don't they win it all ..LOL Henderson football is relevant again and all it took was an outsider being hired as the HC... 

Willing to bet this doesn't age well....🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL! 1

On 5/14/2021 at 3:40 PM, Lumberlion82 said:

Maybe they don't have to win it all, last year the Henderson couldn't score much at all, and if they can get some sort of chemistry and even the Offensive line doing well then I would be satisfied, I see not everyone would be, and everyone expects very very high expectations,sometimes when it's a new coach sometimes it takes few years to get the chemistry but let's see how it goes in September.

On 5/14/2021 at 3:57 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

New OC Kyle Farrell. He was at Desoto in 16 when they won state. Co-OC at FW Brewer under Todd Peterman..

blob.png

That would be Golden if they can get him as the OC. And that would be enough to get things started with Henderson on maybe winning it all,  a good Defensive coach if they can find one would be Great.Henderson has to come off the money to hire theses Great coaches and to keep them, it takes money to grab Great coaches.

20 minutes ago, randomuser said:

What makes the OC hire a great hire? Brewer is terrible and he was a coach on a State championship team? I’ve coached on SC teams and had coaches that didn’t know the difference between their butt hole and a hole in the ground.

Are you with Chubbychecker then on the 1-9?  😂

1 hour ago, randomuser said:

What makes the OC hire a great hire? Brewer is terrible and he was a coach on a State championship team? I’ve coached on SC teams and had coaches that didn’t know the difference between their butt hole and a hole in the ground.

I guess you were one of the "good ones?"

• LOL! 1

On 5/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I guess you were one of the "good ones?"

Oh no doubt and I’m still good. You know the point I made is true, if you don’t believe that you’re not a true know anything about HS coaches fan. Do you think every coach on a state championship team could be a HC? If you do you’re terribly mistaken. But yeah you dang right I was the DC on all 4 SC’s and I’m good💯

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson