UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson

Slickarick

4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Defense wasn’t the problem wasn’t great but watching the offense put things into perspective.

Since you quoted me, I will clear up the reason for my question.

Several times in this thread "sportsfanatic" has said "any coach we get will be better than what we had"...so when HE posted the Twitter/press release about your new DC without any reference to his last stop the first thing that came to mind was his remarks...well, if his remarks were true and he knew what he was talking about, he would know the new DC's stats from his team last year and would pass them along to the Smoaky readers...instead, he pitched a little temper tantrum, attacked me personally and of course had to take another shot at Coach Castles.

Now, I'm no genius but I'm thinking...why in the world would someone choose to make it personal and not even answer the question...well, as best I can figure, there are only two reasons...He either didn't know how bad the defensive numbers were or he didn't want everyone to know those numbers...since, according to him, all the new coaches were such an upgrade from what was there last year...it's not like the question was out of line or to personal or whatever...it was exactly what anybody following the Lions would have asked...

56 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Ok fair . I don’t think you can accidentally win hundred games. I believe castles was a good coach just not a great one. Fair or not Carthage was apart of his problem with the lack of success and not being competitive .  Castles knew his time was up and was obvious. He was threatening to go Etbu and his offense which he controlled was predictable and never adjusted. That maybe his hires and such but put on a bad look, making excuses against Carthage recruiting players, when he benefited the same, was ridiculous. I don’t think this was justified to getting let go but this puts a bad perspective on things. As a AD the other sports with the exception of maybe basketball wasn’t exactly turning heads. Lastly you didn’t see growth at the lower levels. Sub varsity/8th . I am no way trying to bash him from what it appears he is a high character guy. He wasn’t progressing as a coach. 4rounds sounds good and all but you never went beyond is what cost you some fans. Again please don’t get offended this has been going on for years since he didn’t win state in 2016. Give him the rock to win the run out the game. Henderson probably wins state that year and is the coach in 2021.

Good post! I agree with most of it and definitely not offended at all. I also believe that the 2016 game was the one that Hendo should have won and I think Phil would agree with that thought also. I also believe that is the only team that had the talent to stay with Cartage. Since that game the talent level has not been the same and will not be the same anytime soon. I say that not as a dis on Henderson at all. There aren't many...or any teams that can match Carthage's talent level...which is the reason they have breezed through the playoffs the last several years.

What has happened pertaining to personnel and how it was handled is a done deal now. The consequences of the actions of a few will play out over the next season or two. We will see how it all unfolds. Thanks for an intelligent, well thought out reply.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, StillALion said:

Chapel Hill
Henderson*
Kilgore
Lindale
Palestine 
Athens
Mabank

*Depends on who is the QB.  Can’t really say for sure until we know who it is.  
Kilgore had their best team since ‘13 last year.  Palestine had their best team since Peterson.  Lindale had the best team they have ever had.  And this will be their last year in 4A.  

That prediction seems right, if the coach son's play I am guessing it would be Hendo at the top, the coach sons  older brother that's QB for TCU is a very outstanding player and was on that underfeated DeSoto team, I see the younger one that's at QB is going to be just as Great as the older brother, and the other twin is very good at WR.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

10 hours ago, StillALion said:

Chapel Hill
Henderson*
Kilgore
Lindale
Palestine 
Athens
Mabank

Kilgore had their best team since ‘13 last year.  Palestine had their best team since Peterson.  Lindale had the best team they have ever had.  And this will be their last year in 4A.  

I would bet my paycheck that CH/Henderson do not finish 1-2 in this district.

• Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

That prediction seems right, if the coach son's play I am guessing it would be Hendo at the top, the coach sons  older brother that's QB for TCU is a very outstanding player and was on that underfeated DeSoto team, I see the younger one that's at QB is going to be just as Great as the older brother, and the other twin is very good at WR.

You guys actually think that Henderson is going to win this district and they are still trying to assemble a coaching staff at the END of the month of May?

• Roll Eyes 1

29 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

You guys actually think that Henderson is going to win this district and they are still trying to assemble a coaching staff at the END of the month of May?

I think that Henderson will win this district depending on who's at QB, I would bet my paycheck, I don't know what Chapel Hill has going, I do see Kilgore being tough to beat, especially haveing the DC from PG and haveing some athletics on Offense. I say that out of kilgore/ Henderson wins District, put your money  💰💰 up lol.

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I think that Henderson will win this district depending on who's at QB, I would bet my paycheck, I don't know what Chapel Hill has going, I do see Kilgore being tough to beat, especially haveing the DC from PG and haveing some athletics on Offense. I say that out of kilgore/ Henderson wins District, put your money  💰💰 up lol.

Unfortunately, I am too broke to actually put much money on it lol

I just don't see how you can really think Henderson wins this district (unless its just a homer pick)

I see the district playing out similarly to last year to be honest. Kilgore/Lindale/CH fighting it out at the top. Palestine/Henderson fighting for the last playoff spot. Mabank/Athens sitting at home for playoffs.

1 minute ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Unfortunately, I am too broke to actually put much money on it lol

I just don't see how you can really think Henderson wins this district (unless its just a homer pick)

I see the district playing out similarly to last year to be honest. Kilgore/Lindale/CH fighting it out at the top. Palestine/Henderson fighting for the last playoff spot. Mabank/Athens sitting at home for playoffs.

Ohh okay when things actually gets serious someone's wants to back out.lol 

1 minute ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Going to revisit this thread in November if I can remember....

Go ahead take screen shot if you want to and if I'm wrong I would gladly eat my crow and congrats you, if the coach sons play then yes I see Hendo winning District, if they don't play then it could come down to Kilgore.

• LOL! 1

On 5/22/2021 at 3:10 PM, VonG said:

Is Coach Chad Ali actually Chad Reese? That's the only player I know that went to Wyoming from Tyler, Texas. And if he is, I  didn't know he changed his last name.

Muhammad Ali’s long lost grandson 

• Thumbs Down 1

On 5/23/2021 at 10:50 PM, StillALion said:

Chapel Hill
Henderson*
Kilgore
Lindale
Palestine 
Athens
Mabank

Surely Henderson can use last year's QB as a corner back FS position or back up QB.if I was a coach that's what I would do.

On 5/24/2021 at 9:23 AM, LionKing12172920 said:

Kilgore is definitely reloading, alot of key players will be Jrs and Srs this year. QB will shock alot of people I believe he's a Jr. Kilgore strength undoubtedly will be the Defensive Line. The WR group has speed and quickness. They also have a RB that will be very impressive he will also be a Jr.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Potential is there. Kilgore going the same way, Lindale lost that great player right, Palestine and Chapel Hill will be in the mix. This district is wide open so not exactly a stretch. Henderson won’t be a bad as last year.

Depending who Hendo has at QB.

3 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Kilgore is definitely reloading, alot of key players will be Jrs and Srs this year. QB will shock alot of people I believe he's a Jr. Kilgore strength undoubtedly will be the Defensive Line. The WR group has speed and quickness. They also have a RB that will be very impressive he will also be a Jr.

Kilgore will be up there this year, very competitive.

Has anyone seen all the points Crowley scored last year before making this bold prediction that Hendo has Cowboys type skilled kids on offense and all the points they’re going to score? If you haven’t here’s their scores by game

0, 14, 14 in non district-28 pts-9ppg , forfeit,14, 7, 19, 28, 13 and a breakout last game of 48 in district-129 pts-21 ppg. On the year 157 pts-17.5 ppg. MaxPreps said they scored 178 points on the year by “giving” themselves 21 pts for a forfeit. Actual points scored is 157. So if that is scoring points Hendo must have averaged 2-4 points a game last year?

on the bright side though Brewer scored 36 on them and only allowed 14.😂😂

5 hours ago, randomuser said:

Has anyone seen all the points Crowley scored last year before making this bold prediction that Hendo has Cowboys type skilled kids on offense and all the points they’re going to score? If you haven’t here’s their scores by game

0, 14, 14 in non district-28 pts-9ppg , forfeit,14, 7, 19, 28, 13 and a breakout last game of 48 in district-129 pts-21 ppg. On the year 157 pts-17.5 ppg. MaxPreps said they scored 178 points on the year by “giving” themselves 21 pts for a forfeit. Actual points scored is 157. So if that is scoring points Hendo must have averaged 2-4 points a game last year?

on the bright side though Brewer scored 36 on them and only allowed 14.😂😂

The Assistant head coach/offense coach that was with Brewer OC, is with Henderson OC now so that stats to me that's on that team, not with Henderson.Whenever the kick off begins that's when we would know, until now that's just that.Last years the old coaches had kids in wrong spots, Offense line wasn't set correctly and wasn't prepared, maybe due to the COVID situations but let's just say Henderson will be better than last year's.

I hope you guys that are so optimistic are right but I am sticking with my prediction...Henderson averages 4.5 wins per season over the next 3-4 years. Maybe win a playoff game...maybe not. Its only three months until we start finding out.

17 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

The Assistant head coach/offense coach that was with Brewer OC, is with Henderson OC now so that stats to me that's on that team, not with Henderson.Whenever the kick off begins that's when we would know, until now that's just that.Last years the old coaches had kids in wrong spots, Offense line wasn't set correctly and wasn't prepared, maybe due to the COVID situations but let's just say Henderson will be better than last year's.

Are you gonna go up to the field house and tell the coaches which kids need to placed at what position? They weren’t in the right positions last year according to who? Who knows better where kids fit, fans or coaches? I’ve never understood fans that think they know where Johnny should be playing because that’s the position he played when you coached him in Pee Wee.🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

17 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

But your QB ran that offense at Crowley was my point Lion.

4 hours ago, randomuser said:

Are you gonna go up to the field house and tell the coaches which kids need to placed at what position? They weren’t in the right positions last year according to who? Who knows better where kids fit, fans or coaches? I’ve never understood fans that think they know where Johnny should be playing because that’s the position he played when you coached him in Pee Wee.🤷🏻‍♂️

Just think the new coaches can do a better job than last coaches, it's not just according to me, I'm pretty sure it's most of Hendersons residents would say the same, hard to put anything on Offense no matter what team Hendersons played, even hard when they played Mabank, come on man!! Lol, you maybe need to stay off the caffeine in drinking coffee and switch to Decaf, sounds so Pisxed, you sound like a parent mad cause your kid didn't get to play, hope things workout for you and prayers to you,gees sounding on the edges there lol.

4 hours ago, randomuser said:

But your QB ran that offense at Crowley was my point Lion.

Anyways who cares about your point, when this new seasons starts then you really can say what you want to say, all past games and teams losses and wins would be thrown out the window.

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson