UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson

Slickarick

29 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I like the direction Henderson is going definitely encouraging.

On the surface It all sounds good. Still curious what was wrong with Crowley this past season and why they were so bad, on offense included apparently.  

3 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

On the surface It all sounds good. Still curious what was wrong with Crowley this past season and why they were so bad, on offense included apparently.  

Good question I guess. I do know the majority of folks are happy. Anything is better than what we/they had as an AD an a football coach. Things had really gone down hill in ALL the programs.

Good man/ good christian is great put that's not what an AD/ HFC gets paid for. There's a such a thing as having both.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I am cautiously optimistic. However, it is imperative that we see improvement. I believe we will . Hopefully everyone gets behind the HC and we get back to successful Henderson Lions football. Also I would like to see competitive sports all the way around for a change.

So is it official that Andrea Robinson is coming to be the new Women’s Basketball Coach too?  That is a lot to ask of your wife in this instance.  Her career as a HC is more successful than his on paper.  She just won a state title in 6A, but he would be asking her to come to the country to coach a team that went 3-16 this past year in 4A.  She might do it for a year to support him but if they don’t win instantly she might have some resentment going into year two.  That typically doesn’t end well. Just playing the devil’s advocate.

47 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

So is it official that Andrea Robinson is coming to be the new Women’s Basketball Coach too?  That is a lot to ask of your wife in this instance.  Her career as a HC is more successful than his on paper.  She just won a state title in 6A, but he would be asking her to come to the country to coach a team that went 3-16 this past year in 4A.  She might do it for a year to support him but if they don’t win instantly she might have some resentment going into year two.  That typically doesn’t end well. Just playing the devil’s advocate.

Girls coordinator? Smart move IMO with that resume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Sometimes you do things for your spouse that might be more difficult than what you’re used to. I hope it works out .

First year yes.  I get it.  But if she doesn’t win it will be incredibly hard not to resent him going into year two.

33 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Girls coordinator? Smart move IMO with that resume.

It is my understanding that the "Acting AD" has already named his wife as the Girls Coordinator as well as Head Volleyball coach; so that position is no longer open.

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Calm down Henderson won like three games last year.

And the previous 8 seasons before that they won 64; that’s averaging 8 wins per season! I think most would say that’s being VERY successful. Agreed??

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Good question I guess. I do know the majority of folks are happy. Anything is better than what we/they had as an AD an a football coach. Things had really gone down hill in ALL the programs.

Good man/ good christian is great put that's not what an AD/ HFC gets paid for. There's a such a thing as having both.

Gone down hill?? Castles averaged 8 wins a season! He has 145 wins as a head coach! I say this not being from Henderson or knowing Castles, but I can guarantee you he’s just a little bit better coach than the guy they hired. The new hire may very well prove me wrong, but I have a hard time justifying reassigning a guy that averaged 8 wins per season, and had one bad season. I mean is a coach not allowed one bad season out of 8??

On 4/30/2021 at 9:32 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Once you get a taste of being at the top you want more. Playing football in December is the best goal.

I concur, but it’s still mind boggling letting a guy go that averaged 8 wins a season. That being said, Castles will continue to be successful wherever he goes 

On 4/30/2021 at 9:32 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Once you get a taste of being at the top you want more. Playing football in December is the best goal. I was referring to the poster who automatically wants to write him off before he gets here.

I certainly may be jumping the gun, and the new guy may be the next Scott Surratt, but man you can’t argue that Castles was a very successful coach 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2021 at 9:32 PM, UnclePigg said:

Gone down hill?? Castles averaged 8 wins a season! He has 145 wins as a head coach! I say this not being from Henderson or knowing Castles, but I can guarantee you he’s just a little bit better coach than the guy they hired. The new hire may very well prove me wrong, but I have a hard time justifying reassigning a guy that averaged 8 wins per season, and had one bad season. I mean is a coach not allowed one bad season out of 8??

You should be quite about things you don't know anything about.

The football program was falling and people were to the point they were,'t showing up to games anymore. Talent carried the man like we do an infant. Kids started moving away from the district because of how his program had declined. He had to go!

And since when did the AD start getting paid for being the HFC only?

On 4/30/2021 at 7:49 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

I understand what your saying. I do know both are very good  friends with Lamb from the years past and I'm sure some of it is to help him get the WHOLE  athletic program turned around in the right direction.

We should all thank them for coming to Henderson and helping rebuild that dumpster fire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I understand what your saying. I do know both are very good  friends with Lamb from the years past and I'm sure some of it is to help him get the WHOLE  athletic program turned around in the right direction.

We should all thank them for coming to Henderson and helping rebuild that dumpster fire.

I hope it works out for everyone.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

You should be quite about things you don't know anything about.

The football program was falling and people were to the point they were,'t showing up to games anymore. Talent carried the man like we do an infant. Kids started moving away from the district because of how his program had declined. He had to go!

And since when did the AD start getting paid for being the HFC only?

EA95958A-161A-4643-AD1C-70E03E97DD85.png
I just have a hard time concurring with your statement that the program was falling apart. He has 1 bad year (in a year that was 2020) and everything is falling apart, kids are moving away, etc? Cmon man I’m not buying that for 1 second. As I mentioned earlier, Castles averaged 8 wins a year during his Henderson tenure. I’m beginning to think he may have been the victim of the new superintendent’s “personal” agenda; not the first time and certainly not the last time something like that will happen in small town Texas 

• Like 2

Number of wins does not determine how good of a coach a person is or how good of an athletic director he/she is --- In either direction...............8 wins a year at Allen in football is not the same as 8 wins a year at Queen City

Talent on the football field and other sports, talent walking the halls of the high school and not playing a single sport, how he/she treats the athletes, how he/she does things in the community, etc all have to be considered.............no matter the school

• Like 2

Othell Robinson named new head football coach at Henderson High School

On 5/1/2021 at 7:59 AM, UnclePigg said:

EA95958A-161A-4643-AD1C-70E03E97DD85.png
I just have a hard time concurring with your statement that the program was falling apart. He has 1 bad year (in a year that was 2020) and everything is falling apart, kids are moving away, etc? Cmon man I’m not buying that for 1 second. As I mentioned earlier, Castles averaged 8 wins a year during his Henderson tenure. I’m beginning to think he may have been the victim of the new superintendent’s “personal” agenda; not the first time and certainly not the last time something like that will happen in small town Texas 

Your not answering the question. When did the AD start getting paid as a football coach only?

Also from my understanding he was having a hard time getting assistants to go there. Also (just a rumor) heard there was some jobs that were supposed to be opened up that never were. When the boss tells you to open up and do interviews that's what your supposed to do. Also from my understanding there was zero oversight of the middle school programs. To most that's just not doing your job.

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson