Kilgore Open

Jackem

Imho.... this is one of the top 10 jobs in East Texas in ALL classes. 

Quality applicants should be plentiful. 

Great fan base/community support.  Rich history. Athletes all over the field. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Imho.... this is one of the top 10 jobs in East Texas in ALL classes. 

Quality applicants should be plentiful. 

Great fan base/community support.  Rich history. Athletes all over the field. 

They just need to update the field a little. Modernize it a bit. It's better than it was but could get even better.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:31 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Hire Vallery ‘s son then Kilgore could be back. Technically they were this year as a contender.

This was what I was eluding to in my post earlier.

Brought home a ship to both Kilgore and Longview, he's been a good OC for the Lobos the past 10 years.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

This was what I was eluding to in my post earlier.

Brought home a ship to both Kilgore and Longview, he's been a good OC for the Lobos the past 10 years.

People that ignore pedigree... particularly in some families are blinding themselves. 

Vallery is a legendary name for the K-Dogs. 

Sounds like his son is more than capable. And I’m willing to bet he already has a love for Kilgore... which is an invaluable trait to have IMHO. Less likely to use Kilgore as a stepping stone. 

58 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Sounds like his son is more than capable. And I’m willing to bet he already has a love for Kilgore... which is an invaluable trait to have IMHO. Less likely to use Kilgore as a stepping stone. 

Outside of a few rushing records (in which Kaden Meredith recently came close to breaking in addition to the ones he did break)....Every offensive record in Lobo history has been broken in the 11 seasons that he has been OC.

Championship pedigree at multiple schools, including Kilgore...records broken on his watch....they'd be crazy not to give him a call especially with how much success his dad had at Kilgore.

I'm hoping he stays at LV though.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Yes a facelift is definitely needed especially with the rivals with much better options. Not sure the $$ situation but the stadium has potential.

Ive heard 2 different things:

1. Kilgore wont get a new stadium because Kilgore College want their own stadium, and not willing to go in with the High School to build a new stadium. Again, dont know if theres any truth to it or not. 

2. Second thing Ive heard is Kilgore is planning on building a new stadium in a new location but it wouldn't be complete until the current 7th graders are Jrs or Srs. 

Me personally I dont think Kilgore gets a new stadium or any major upgrades for atleast 10 years. Which is sad because just about every school we travel to the stadium makes Kilgore stadium looks terrible.  I know most people in Kilgore want a new stadium.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ANTI said:

Outside of a few rushing records (in which Kaden Meredith recently came close to breaking in addition to the ones he did break)....Every offensive record in Lobo history has been broken in the 11 seasons that he has been OC.

Championship pedigree at multiple schools, including Kilgore...records broken on his watch....they'd be crazy not to give him a call especially with how much success his dad had at Kilgore.

I'm hoping he stays at LV though.

He would be a homerun hire. But, it all goes back to just Head Football coach title. I know he talks to former players on the Kilgore state team, and would love to be HC at Kilgore but without an AD title to go along with it..ehh Idk.

18 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Yes a facelift is definitely needed especially with the rivals with much better options. Not sure the $$ situation but the stadium has potential.

Yea but surely with the JUCO's help they can figure something out. 

On 4/8/2021 at 5:47 PM, Mavchamp said:

People that ignore pedigree... particularly in some families are blinding themselves. 

Vallery is a legendary name for the K-Dogs. 

Speaking of family pedigrees is another young Traylor, the OC at Spring Hill. Worked in Gilmer under Jeff and Tyler Lee under Kurt. If they are looking for a up and comer this would be a good hire!

12 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Ive heard 2 different things:

1. Kilgore wont get a new stadium because Kilgore College want their own stadium, and not willing to go in with the High School to build a new stadium. Again, dont know if theres any truth to it or not. 

2. Second thing Ive heard is Kilgore is planning on building a new stadium in a new location but it wouldn't be complete until the current 7th graders are Jrs or Srs. 

Me personally I dont think Kilgore gets a new stadium or any major upgrades for atleast 10 years. Which is sad because just about every school we travel to the stadium makes Kilgore stadium looks terrible.  I know most people in Kilgore want a new stadium.

To this outsider, a single dual purpose stadium would serve the community much better than two separate stadiums. It would cost more, but it seems to me that in the end, the Taxpayers would be better served. (My $0.02).

46 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

To this outsider, a single dual purpose stadium would serve the community much better than two separate stadiums. It would cost more, but it seems to me that in the end, the Taxpayers would be better served. (My $0.02).

Whats crazy is. The actual taxpayers have zero access to the stadium.  Most stadiums are open to the public. 

• Like 1