Kilgore Open

Jackem

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

It's being discussed.

Well, if thats the case and he is listening.  Kilgore would be very smart to not let him leave the building without him coming aboard. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Henderson job also? Your acting like a dim now.

Money talks, BS walks.

Doesn’t matter which school; He & Surratt are on track to make history in TXHSFB if they remain at Carthage. 

No argument with the last portion of your rant.😜👌

10 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Doesn’t matter which school; He & Surratt are on track to make history in TXHSFB if they remain at Carthage. 

No argument with the last portion of your rant.😜👌

If history is made it will go down in the books as Surratt. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Depends on being the HC. He already accomplished everything as an assistant. He could in theory get the glory and get paid. Kilgore is not a dumpster fire and has the same opportunity as Carthage. Seems the higher ups want to win as well . I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens and fully hope it doesn’t.

I think it would be benefit Kilgore, especially get some of the boys excited and more focused on football. Kilgore needs a good balance of structure and discipline and I don't think they have that now. Not a knock on the current coaches,  I just think the boys and coaches are use to each other. Change of face may work.

• Like 1

Not sure why Preston would take a job working under AD Wood. I think it would be a great fit as far as football and winning is concerned, just don’t know why he would want to work under an AD at a school the size of Kilgore. Another question is how much would the pay be in his situation? Is Kilgore going to want to pay 2 x 6 figure salaries for a HFC and AD? 

34 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

I think it would be benefit Kilgore, especially get some of the boys excited and more focused on football. Kilgore needs a good balance of structure and discipline and I don't think they have that now. Not a knock on the current coaches,  I just think the boys and coaches are use to each other. Change of face may work.

^^This. And IMO both Kilgore and Henderson would benefit on getting their football numbers up.

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Depends on being the HC. He already accomplished everything as an assistant. He could in theory get the glory and get paid. Kilgore is not a dumpster fire and has the same opportunity as Carthage. Seems the higher ups want to win as well . I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens and fully hope it doesn’t.

I’m not crazy enough to believe all of this success won’t one day come to an end; I’m just not ready to see it when something historic is so close to becoming reality.🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I’m not crazy enough to believe all of this success won’t one day come to an end; I’m just not ready to see it when something historic is so close to becoming reality.🤔

If coach Preston left, I think it would be for 5A or 6A. 
I disagree that coach Surratt would be the only one recognized for making history. The entire state knows about the Dawg D and the coaches responsible for it. 
I like all Dawg fans hope the coaching staff stays intact and sets new records. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Preston would be a great fit at Kilgore or Henderson.  You Carthage folks know and are real worried how good he would do at either of those schools.  

Not all Carthage folks. If he leaves and wins big I would be happy for him. Would love to see what kind of program he could build. 

4 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Carthage won state titles before Preston arrived and will continue after he is gone, as long as Surratt is the HC. Not diminishing what Preston has contributed at all, but this is Surratt’s program. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

But I can almost guarantee Preston would have Kilgore humming in just a few years. Would love to see what Coach Preston could do at Kilgore. Carthage vs Kilgore would be a game to see every year!

I can assure Kilgore has a ton of talent coming. I WON'T go as far as what Carthage has accomplished.  But, definitely can come close with the RIGHT coach, make no mistakes about it, just need someone to get these kids excited again. That to me would he huge in itself.

1 hour ago, HJR7 said:

I can assure Kilgore has a ton of talent coming. I WON'T go as far as what Carthage has accomplished.  But, definitely can come close with the RIGHT coach, make no mistakes about it, just need someone to get these kids excited again. That to me would he huge in itself.

Probably won’t happen, but Preston is actually a really goof fit for Kilgore. Would like to see it happen just so I could see that Kilgore D. Teams in y’all’s district and in R3 would have a tough time scoring on a Preston D where he was making all the personnel decisions. Just have to get somebody in there to run a variation of Surratt’s offense and develop a QB. Kilgore always has stud RB and WR (even though they don’t throw it to them much). Call me a homer, but I think Preston has Kilgore contending for state titles year one, and would have a chance to win one pretty quick. Especially with Argyle projected to go to 5a from what I have read. Those potential La Vega / Kilgore games would be the 2 best defensive coaches on 4a going head to head. That would be fun. Looking at what Don Hyde has done at LV would be a pretty good comparison to what Darren Preston could do at Kilgore. LV prolly has a few more athletes than Kilgore year in year out, but not many.

Fun to talk about, but this is a long shot IMO. Especially with not being AD too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Probably won’t happen, but Preston is actually a really goof fit for Kilgore. Would like to see it happen just so I could see that Kilgore D. Teams in y’all’s district and in R3 would have a tough time scoring on a Preston D where he was making all the personnel decisions. Just have to get somebody in there to run a variation of Surratt’s offense and develop a QB. Kilgore always has stud RB and WR (even though they don’t throw it to them much). Call me a homer, but I think Preston has Kilgore contending for state titles year one, and would have a chance to win one pretty quick. Especially with Argyle projected to go to 5a from what I have read. Those potential La Vega / Kilgore games would be the 2 best defensive coaches on 4a going head to head. That would be fun. Looking at what Don Hyde has done at LV would be a pretty good comparison to what Darren Preston could do at Kilgore. LV prolly has a few more athletes than Kilgore year in year out, but not many.

Fun to talk about, but this is a long shot IMO. Especially with not being AD too.

Yea, the AD/HC split tends to run the best candidates away. I would say I'm 75% sure Kilgore hires from within.