Kilgore Open

Jackem

27 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Yea, the AD/HC split tends to run the best candidates away. I would say I'm 75% sure Kilgore hires from within.

That’s what I’m thinking. Gonna be hard to find a coach that’s wanting to come work for the previous coach. Sounds like it could be a mess waiting to happen. Hire from within or somebody with close ties to the program that can work under Wood without issues. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Carthage won state titles before Preston arrived and will continue after he is gone, as long as Surratt is the HC. Not diminishing what Preston has contributed at all, but this is Surratt’s program. 

Preston ain’t going nowhere with a possible record setting defense taking the in 2021. 

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

You guys say that, but It’s not like Kilgore comes open that often either.

This may be a once in a life time defense. The starters gave up 4.5 points a game. They bring 9 of them back. Bigger stronger and faster. 
I just have to believe coach Preston wants to see what this defense can accomplish. 

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

This may be a once in a life time defense. The starters gave up 4.5 points a game. They bring 9 of them back. Bigger stronger and faster. 
I just have to believe coach Preston wants to see what this defense can accomplish. 

I bet they accomplish winning a State Championship. The same thing they did this past season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I’m hearing 80k two classes and keep staff intact. Doesn’t look like a great job in that perspective. 

I don't see very many coaches wanting this job if that is the pay. You have to teach a couple of classes also. Thanks but no thanks. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I’m hearing 80k two classes and keep staff intact. Doesn’t look like a great job in that perspective. 

You have to be kidding?

Teach two classes at the 4A level? That is insane. You can't do the job of HFC and teach two classes.

Unless the classes are 7th and 8th grade athletics.

I don't think the $80k is terrible for HFC only, but.........

10 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

You have to be kidding?

Teach two classes at the 4A level? That is insane. You can't do the job of HFC and teach two classes.

Unless the classes are 7th and 8th grade athletics.

I don't think the $80k is terrible for HFC only, but.........

Yeah, the money part itself I had no problem with... seems about right for 4A...

But that other stuff...yikes.

On 4/8/2021 at 1:29 PM, Slickarick said:

They just need to update the field a little. Modernize it a bit. It's better than it was but could get even better.

With Kilgore having to share the field with Kilgore college is what's hurting the facelift is what I've been told.

11 hours ago, VonG said:

I don't see very many coaches wanting this job if that is the pay. You have to teach a couple of classes also. Thanks but no thanks. 

I think the "keep the current staff in tact" is the bigger killer.  They already know what they want with those stipulations.  With Wood being AD, this is just a formality to promote someone to HC.

11 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I hate that there are some things attached with this job to make it less appealing.  Kilgore has fantastic athletes and talent year in and year out.  The right coach could really make Kilgore a perennial powerhouse. 

Kilgore will never reach their potential until they embrace the forward pass.........

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Kilgore will never reach their potential until they embrace the forward pass.........

I would hope that whoever takes over will make their offense a little more dynamic! I didn't watch much Kilgore action last year but it sounded like it was a step in the right direction diversity wise anyways.