Edgewood Open

HSBRangers

Daniel Swaim was seen hauling a load of goats up through HWY 859 yesterday. Coincidence?????  I think not. I have heard people in Edgewood like 4 things 1. hauling animals 2.driving golf carts 3.throwing golf clubs and 4.winning football games. Swaim checks all of those boxes. If he doesn't have to drive a bus route he will be there yesterday. 

• LOL! 2

On 4/9/2021 at 2:56 PM, supermaroon said:

As long as the AD and head football are split it will always be a stepping stone job 

I don't understand why schools split the AD/FB title and then expect people to stay as the FB coach

27 minutes ago, harry7 said:

I don't understand why schools split the AD/FB title and then expect people to stay as the FB coach

From my experience it is typically because they have had a lot of turnover at that spot so they give it to a guy that has been in the District longer and less likely to leave.

20 hours ago, Valhalla said:

From my experience it is typically because they have had a lot of turnover at that spot so they give it to a guy that has been in the District longer and less likely to leave.

From my experience, typically what the district puts the most emphasis on is who becomes the athletic director.  Or whose parents bark the loudest!  The basketball coach was the AD for years 'til he retired a couple of years ago.  I wonder who it is now???????

download.jpg

20 minutes ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

From my experience, typically what the district puts the most emphasis on is who becomes the athletic director.  Or whose parents bark the loudest!  The basketball coach was the AD for years 'til he retired a couple of years ago.  I wonder who it is now???????

download.jpg

I was trying to be nice to the baseball parents lol.

2 hours ago, 70Blood said:

If the AD is the OC does that mean the Head Football coach could be reassigned by the OC?  Now that is a tough situation. Wonder how off-season works concerning different sports as well.  

That cant happen..or is not supposed to happen. Its like if a principle wanted to be an assistant coach. Not gonna happen. Conflict of interest and power struggle. i know a Head Soccer coach that the district wanted him to be director of facilities. But he couldn't do that and be a Head soccer coach because the AD and the new title are at the same level creating a conflict of interest.  

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

That cant happen..or is not supposed to happen. Its like if a principle wanted to be an assistant coach. Not gonna happen. Conflict of interest and power struggle. i know a Head Soccer coach that the district wanted him to be director of facilities. But he couldn't do that and be a Head soccer coach because the AD and the new title are at the same level creating a conflict of interest.  

I don't know what school that is, but there are a lot of facilities coordinates that are coaches. Tons of big school HFC will be facilities coordinator and their boss is still the AD on the sports side. I believe Commerce's head basketball coach is the Assistant Principle. Their AD can't fire him from AP, but can reassign him from his coaching duty. The scenario 70blood said can absolutely happen in theory and if the HFC were to do something to get fired that firing would come from the AD just like any other sport. Could be messy if the AD is also assistant football, but probably avoided by him not being involved in that sport even though there's no rule against it.  

On 4/8/2021 at 9:47 AM, centex1 said:

Daniel Swaim was seen hauling a load of goats up through HWY 859 yesterday. Coincidence?????  I think not. I have heard people in Edgewood like 4 things 1. hauling animals 2.driving golf carts 3.throwing golf clubs and 4.winning football games. Swaim checks all of those boxes. If he doesn't have to drive a bus route he will be there yesterday. 

You forgot one! I look darn spiffy in purple & gold Baby!!!

On 4/14/2021 at 1:25 PM, Slickarick said:

Pretty sure this happened at Lindale a few years back. They hired a new AD and he was the OC. The Head Football Coach's boss was his offensive coordinator...I don't think it worked out real well for them in 2017-2018

• Like 1