Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 4/27/2021 at 1:31 PM, playactionpass39 said:

Actually was the head baseball coach before becoming the full time AD.

I'm actually a huge fan of the full time AD, regardless of school size.

IMHO, doing what is best for all sports should be the goal of the AD, too many head football coaches could care less about other sports.

agreed. not saying all AD head fb are this way, but see it far too often.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As long as the AD and head football are split it will always be a stepping stone job 

this argument is dumb i just want to know whats going on at edgewood

Stepp tweeted that Sulphur Springs DC Alex Guerra is the new HC

Posted Images

On 4/23/2021 at 2:44 PM, CodeBreaker said:

Keep it simple. Name a school that is 4A or smaller that the AD is NOT the Head Footballl Coach that has significant, long-term success set up that way. When you do, name a second one. 

There's a reason it's typically not done this way. It doesn't work. It's not good for all sports in a program for football to be less than the #1 priority sport and no, they cannot all be equal. That's life in all things. There are priorities. Keep them in order or things suffer. 

I think you are wrong, there is always a way if you are willing to work hard enough to figure it out.

The 3 major sports can get equal treatment and be successful without making one a priority.

For this to be done, your football coaches (which I am one) have to be flexible and willing to think outside the box. It means your football coaches can't have the mindset that football is the only sport worth of time during the athletic period. And your football coaches have to be willing to sacrifice their personal time, for the sake of the kids and  the other sports.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 2:59 PM, chubbychecker said:

"too many head football coaches could care less about other sports."  i think many AD's that are head football coaches would disagree with this.....

Many? You want to quantify that?

I've worked for 7 different head football coaches (that were also the AD) and not a single one of them was willing to sacrifice a minute of "football" time for other sports. Many head football coaches give lip service to caring about other sports, but the proof is in their actions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think you are wrong, there is always a way if you are willing to work hard enough to figure it out.

The 3 major sports can get equal treatment and be successful without making one a priority.

For this to be done, your football coaches (which I am one) have to be flexible and willing to think outside the box. It means your football coaches can't have the mindset that football is the only sport worth of time during the athletic period. And your football coaches have to be willing to sacrifice their personal time, for the sake of the kids and  the other sports.

It also means that basketball and baseball coaches can't complain about the weight room during their seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the best possible scenario would be to allow the AD/OC to be Head Football also .  This way he could hire him a good DC and keep everything going the way the town wants.  He must be a heck of a coach as well as being well liked.  This scenario would keep the Chain of Command in line and should prevent all friction.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 10:40 AM, harry7 said:

I don't understand why schools split the AD/FB title and then expect people to stay as the FB coach

They shouldn't expect them to stay for a long time and just accept the fact they are a stepping stone school for football coaches

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 70Blood said:

I think the best possible scenario would be to allow the AD/OC to be Head Football also .  This way he could hire him a good DC and keep everything going the way the town wants.  He must be a heck of a coach as well as being well liked.  This scenario would keep the Chain of Command in line and should prevent all friction.   

He is a very good coach. I think that is what will end up happening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, supermaroon said:

They shouldn't expect them to stay for a long time and just accept the fact they are a stepping stone school for football coaches

AD responsibilities are not easy, it is really a thankless job (if it is done right). You will never make everybody happy and the paperwork and time is more than most would think (if done right). If you are a football coach, and not a power hungry guy, then being the Head Football Coach only is a pretty sweet gig.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 9:16 AM, playactionpass39 said:

AD responsibilities are not easy, it is really a thankless job (if it is done right). You will never make everybody happy and the paperwork and time is more than most would think (if done right). If you are a football coach, and not a power hungry guy, then being the Head Football Coach only is a pretty sweet gig.

I can agree with this if the head football is not stuck in a classroom but most wouldn't want to teach and be head football 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, supermaroon said:

I can agree with this if the head football is not stuck in a classroom but most wouldn't want to teach and be head football 

Very good point, HFC should be in junior high athletic period making sure those kids are lifting and getting stronger and maybe have some other administrative duties that keep him from being in the classroom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 9:03 AM, playactionpass39 said:

Brock would be #1 on this list.

LOL.....Learn to read......I said name one and THEN, name another. 

THAT'S MY POINT. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CodeBreaker said:

LOL.....Learn to read......I said name one and THEN, name another. 

THAT'S MY POINT. 

 

Brock was also a unique situation adding football and I don't believe their AD has any football duties. Also with all of their success, it was still a stepping stone to an AD/HFC job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL....man you guys know so much. Ever heard of "Teskey's" out on I-20 near Weatherford? See that State Game b/t Malakoff and Brock a few years back? Notice they had a "Teskey" RB in the backfield? 

Teskey started football in Brock. Worrell didn't use Brock as a stepping stone to anything. He already had HC/AD experience. He was in Brock way too long to call it a stepping stone. Brock doesn't pay #### for a HC. They have the attitude that you are lucky to be in Brock and the "powers that be" are still too big in BB so they don't pay snot to a head football coach. Worrell left for money and retirement purposes one day.

Here's you a lil nugget......Worrell and Teskey grew up together, classmates actually 😆........."And the beat goes one".....LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jerryhawk111 said:

Has this job hired?

No, do not expect any action until baseball playoffs are over. This one will happen really late, but very quickly once the process starts. No favorites or anything, the AD is the baseball coach and they are still playing. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2021 at 9:02 AM, CDubya936 said:

No, do not expect any action until baseball playoffs are over. This one will happen really late, but very quickly once the process starts. No favorites or anything, the AD is the baseball coach and they are still playing. 

 

That will be tough on whoever gets hired

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, papapump said:

The current structure WILL Lead to their downfall. Edgewood is about to become an average program

I would say they are an average to slightly above average program as a whole now. Good enough to get into the playoffs can't get a win in anything right now (not even basketball). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

AD is responsible for ALL sports, boys and girls. If they aren't getting it done in anything but baseball, they need a new AD. 

And as a footnote, "making" the playoffs in anything these days in smaller schools is not an accomplishment at all. Over 64% of all teams in the state make the playoffs, So even if you are 3rd in your district, you are still only in the topo 52% of the state. There's not much glory there. And don't even talk about it compared to before the 2 champs system. Before that, there were DOUBLE the teams per classification and HALF as many made it from each district. So they cut the Classification IN HALF AND THEN DOUBLED THE ENTRIES TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! It's not wonder football has become so watered down and soft. But, I digress. Just don't use "playoffs" as a measuring stick any longer. It doesn't mean anything any more. Seriously, there are multiple 0-10 teams in the playoffs now. It means nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

any news on this one?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...