So You Want to Defund the Police?

Hagar

6 hours ago, JETT said:

SAD!!

Very sad.  Then when a Defund the Police advocate gets robbed are attacked, I bet they call the Police.  Wonder how many of those idiots would want to put on a uniform?  I wouldn’t.  They have an impossible job.  Sure they have a few bad apples.  Any organization of their numbers are bound too.  Preachers, teachers, Priest, NAACP, politicians, all have some.  If you look at the big picture, it’s surprising how few Police are bad, especially considering the fact they work with the 💩 of society.

12 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Very sad.  Then when a Defund the Police advocate gets robbed are attacked, I bet they call the Police.  Wonder how many of those idiots would want to put on a uniform?  I wouldn’t.  They have an impossible job.  Sure they have a few bad apples.  Any organization of their numbers are bound too.  Preachers, teachers, Priest, NAACP, politicians, all have some.  If you look at the big picture, it’s surprising how few Police are bad, especially considering the fact they work with the 💩 of society.

Personally, I believe it's going to become harder and harder for departments to recruit police.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Why would anyone want the job? Get shot in the head for not being ready or going to jail for the rest of life for doing what your trained to do.

Eh, i think there are plenty of cities that still want and like police service. None of the cities where these things happen are very well ran cities. I can see a divide in liberal cities vs more conservative ran cities coming in the future. One will want and retain quality law enforcement and the other will defund it and persecute it until it folds. The result will be a great divide between the quality of life and crime in those places which will promptly be blamed on white privilege. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Eh, i think there are plenty of cities that still want and like police service. None of the cities where these things happen are very well ran cities. I can see a divide in liberal cities vs more conservative ran cities coming in the future. One will want and retain quality law enforcement and the other will defund it and persecute it until it folds. The result will be a great divide between the quality of life and crime in those places which will promptly be blamed on white privilege. 

Go check out the skyrocketing black on black crime in Shreveport & see if you can find White Privilege as the cause of any of it; or any other city for that matter. It’s all Liberal Narrative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Go check out the skyrocketing black on black crime in Shreveport & see if you can find White Privilege as the cause of any of it; or any other city for that matter. It’s all Liberal Narrative.

Agree 100%. I was only pointing out that white privilege would be blamed, but not the true cause. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Unashamed said:

Maybe not defund them but can we weed out the ones that don't know the difference between a glock and a taser?  I can see where that could be important.   

Police departments all over the country are having their budgets cut and what is one of the first things cut???  Training....

From what I've read the officer that shot Mr. Wright was a 26 year veteran of the force...what is someone with that much seniority doing on patrol??? Maybe she was bumped back to the street because of cuts and officer retirements/quiting....it was a suburb of Minneapolis

P.S. How will you weed out anyone if no one applies.....  

2 hours ago, Unashamed said:

Maybe not defund them but can we weed out the ones that don't know the difference between a glock and a taser?  I can see where that could be important.   

Brandon Tatum (former police officer) did a great video on this. he said usually you carry your service weapon on your "dominant" hand side, and your TASER on the opposite side. So a right-handed officer would carry their service weapon on their right side, with the weapon holstered with the handle pointing backward. Their TASER would be on their left side, with the handle pointed forward.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

Their is absolutely no excuse for confusing a lethal weapon with a non lethal weapon.   Absolutely. No. Excuse.  

Because you’ve been in that spot? In a scuffle with a criminal who would rather have you dead than be arrested? 
It’s real easy to Monday morning quarterback these events when you’re not the one involved. 

Alot of what ifs in this topic, 1 thing for sure ppl will go full force to justify a shooting... "accident"? SMH, maybe the guy accidentally took off and he paid his life for it, so shouldn't the officer be held to the same responsibility?

1 hour ago, JETT said:

Alot of what ifs in this topic, 1 thing for sure ppl will go full force to justify a shooting... "accident"? SMH, maybe the guy accidentally took off and he paid his life for it, so shouldn't the officer be held to the same responsibility?

This is the thread where someone shot the cop. 

7 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

You don't know me and I don't know you.

Drove a cab in san Antonio also bar tended and bar backed on the river walk for several years.  Have been in more tough scrapes than most.   Carried (sometimes illegally sometimes against policy) and never had to shoot a single person.   

No.  This ain't a Monday morning quarterback.   This is someone that knows the difference in feel and weight between a fully loaded glock and a taser.   

Sorry, not sorry for holding a 24 year veteran to a higher standard.   

No i don’t know you at all. I meant by original as more of a question that the way it came across. 
I’ll counter with this: 

I don’t care how many scuffles any person has been in or how long they’ve been on the force. When that type of situation goes down and the epi dumps, is a new and unpredictable encounter every single time. 

Do you think he gets shot if he complies and doesn’t  run?

8 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

I think you'll say anything to justify the officer shooting the kid because you don't have the ability to just admit that she made a mistake and it cost someone their life.

Really? 

You go from you don’t know me too I’ll do anything to justify taking a life?

Ok buddy! lol

I notice you didn’t answer my question

6 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

1618102943540.jpg

Consider the following.   I think the way the media can present things they can shape the narrative to their liking.   

That being said and only having seen the very limited body cam footage, I think the officer made a mistake.   I think she realized she made a mistake.  I don't think anything the kid did justified being shot.  

I'm having trouble understanding why that is hard for some people here to grasp.   I don't understand some people's need to justify her actions, especially considering that SHE HERSELF realizes she shot him unintentionally.   

It was a tragedy.   But a 24 year veteran ABSOLUTELY has to have the situational awareness and experience to know the difference in the weight and feel of a service weapon and a taser.  

I can agree with this.

31 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

And by all means don't defund the police.  Fund them by giving them better and CONTINUOS training.  The Jocko Joe Rogan episode covers the topic well.  

I think the police should be fully funded. I also think people on welfare should be required to do 40 hrs Community Service in exchange for food stamps if able to do some work. If unable, a certificate from a licensed physician should be put on file for the recipient.

12 hours ago, Unashamed said:

Theirs no point in answering the question because that's not what happened.   

Oh ok, not applicable at all huh? 
So if the kid says yes ma’am and follows her every order you still believe he’s dead? Because that’s where a true difference can be made. She never gets to the point of making that mistake if he responds to the encounter like a normal citizen should.  I’m not even saying she didn’t make mistakes, she did.  I’m for police reform, more and better training, using non lethal means, etc....

But the most effective and fastest way to save the most lives is to educate the public to not run from the cops and to obey their commands. Run the list of those folks killed by pd over the last few years and answer the question. Had they complied and not acted like an idiot would they still be alive? The overwhelming majority would be an obvious yes! 
But too many don’t want to actually look at what actions would save the most lives, they just want to blame someone for a criminals stupid decision because the consequences are tragic. 

• Like 2