Does the Vaccine Work or Not

Hagar

Why get a vaccine shot?   Hmmm, let’s see, to keep from getting a disease.   

So you got your shots.  You’re home free, right?   What does Dr Fauci say, after all he’s had his shots.

He won’t:

Go to a restaurant.

Go to a theater.

Go to any indoor activity where many aren’t wearing mask.

Do any traveling.

Are those decisions because the shot ain’t worth a 💩, or is he lying because he’s a Democratic Puppet?  Got to be one or the other, imo. Remember, he allegedly lied to us about mask “not working”, that or he lied when he said they do work (and I’m referring to homemade mask, not the N95 medical mask).  Either way, there’s proof he lies, so buy into all his 🐂 💩 if you want.  I’ll take his advice with a grain of salt.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-how-behavior-activities-changed-after-covid-19-vaccination-2021-4

29 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Seriously Barry, other than the fact that I said I don’t believe a professed liar, why the eye roll?  Am I missing something?  This makes zero sense to me.  Help me understand.

He doesnt understand either. Just take your medicine, wear your mask and be a good little puppet like Barry! 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Seriously Barry, other than the fact that I said I don’t believe a professed liar, why the eye roll?  Am I missing something?  This makes zero sense to me.  Help me understand.

The fact that you endlessly quibble over every word said by Dr. Fauci, attacking him right on cue from the alt right is just too predictable and tiring. Really, not too much more to it. 

Culture 'war'- check. Hunter Biden- check. President Biden is senile-check. Election 'integrity'-check. 
:zzz:

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

2 hours ago, trashyhound said:

He doesnt understand either. Just take your medicine, wear your mask and be a good little puppet like Barry! 

Yep, because I have those I care about and who care about me in my life, I should hang my head in shame. Plus, there is that requirement for my job that I should defy, right? 

• Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Yep, because I have those I care about and who care about me in my life, I should hang my head in shame. Plus, there is that requirement for my job that I should defy, right? 

Not at all. I’m all for you or anyone choosing to do whatever you believe will help. I also understand it being a requirement for your job.  Im just adamantly against government mandating anything of the sort. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

The fact that you endlessly quibble over every word said by Dr. Fauci, attacking him right on cue from the alt right is just too predictable and tiring. Really, not too much more to it. 

Culture 'war'- check. Hunter Biden- check. President Biden is senile-check. Election 'integrity'-check. 

Thanks for your response.   Guess we all endlessly quibble over words.  Me with Fauci/Biden, you with Trump/Trump.   Difference is, Fauci is suppose to be a public servant, looking out for the welfare of all of us, not a political stooge like Trump & Biden.  The fact that he lied, regardless of for or against the mask, should be a concern to all of us.  Kind of makes “follow the science” rather meaningless, when the science comes from him.   Jmo.

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

When both he and the CDC say it, it makes it sound like the vaccine is just a placebo.  Why get it if you can't return to normal ?  I'm not getting it now, because I've been hearing problems with blood clots and also it may raise your blood pressure.  That sounds like a stroke ready to happen.  Tachycardia does lead to strokes and blood clots do to.  If you don't believe me just ask your doctor, but the information is online.  

If you are relatively in good shape and below 60 or so I think you will be fine even if you catch the Covid.  My daughter caught the Covid along with 5 others that was at my house for Christmas they all got over it, my wife and I did not catch the Covid both got the Modena shot later. On the other hand I had a good friend catch the Covid while in Florida and came home and died 3 weeks later he did not take the shot and was 67 years old. I, like Fauci don't have a clue whether the shot works are not but I wasn't willing to chance it. 

20 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

If you are relatively in good shape and below 60 or so I think you will be fine even if you catch the Covid.  My daughter caught the Covid along with 5 others that was at my house for Christmas they all got over it, my wife and I did not catch the Covid both got the Modena shot later. On the other hand I had a good friend catch the Covid while in Florida and came home and died 3 weeks later he did not take the shot and was 67 years old. I, like Fauci don't have a clue whether the shot works are not but I wasn't willing to chance it. 

My wife and I and my two daughters both contracted Covid in February. My teenaged daughters had some deep coughs and body aches but were fine in a few days. 
My wife, in her 40s, had high fever, cough, body aches and slept about 18 hours a day for about 5 days. She contracted pneumonia, and we got her to a doctor, who got her medication and she was down for three weeks. She lost 23 pounds as the result of a loss of appetite. 
I had terrible chills, couldn't breathe, had a bone rattling cough, but no fever, and felt exhausted for about 14 days. I lost my taste and smell in February, and they are still not back all the way. I go by sensation, which is strange. 
We were told that when most symptoms subsided that we could get the vaccine, and I just got my 2nd one.. We got the Pfizer, although I thought it was Moderna, at first. My wife had no reaction to either, but I had the symptoms return for 24 to 36 hours, both times, with chills, nausea, and exhaustion. I got it Friday, felt good this afternoon. 
I feel better having received both. That's my Covid story. 

31 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

My wife and I and my two daughters both contracted Covid in February. My teenaged daughters had some deep coughs and body aches but were fine in a few days. 
My wife, in her 40s, had high fever, cough, body aches and slept about 18 hours a day for about 5 days. She contracted pneumonia, and we got her to a doctor, who got her medication and she was down for three weeks. She lost 23 pounds as the result of a loss of appetite. 
I had terrible chills, couldn't breathe, had a bone rattling cough, but no fever, and felt exhausted for about 14 days. I lost my taste and smell in February, and they are still not back all the way. I go by sensation, which is strange. 
We were told that when most symptoms subsided that we could get the vaccine, and I just got my 2nd one.. We got the Pfizer, although I thought it was Moderna, at first. My wife had no reaction to either, but I had the symptoms return for 24 to 36 hours, both times, with chills, nausea, and exhaustion. I got it Friday, felt good this afternoon. 
I feel better having received both. That's my Covid story. 

I my daughter is fixing to fly out to another country and was worried about not getting a shot because the word is those who had Covid have a bad reaction to the shot. She is going to check and see if she has a lot of the Covid anti-bodies there is a lot of confusion when it comes to young folks taking the vaccine but not really with the 60 and up bunch. I don't like taking shots but this is one I had no problem with. Also my daughter still has taste and smell problems, she was in a couple of weeks ago and we ran past a dead skunk and it stunk she said she never smelled it. 

18 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I haven't missed that part as much as the tasting! 😁

Early on, I had a low grade fever one day.  Since then, my taste has been fubared up.  Have no idea if it was Covid, but my taster is “different”.  Example - Would ask my wife what would you like?  She’d say, I don’t know.  I thot she was crazy, I always wanted several things.  Now, I don’t know.  Loved TexMex.  Now, have no desire.  I can eat it, but not with the enthusiasm I used to have.  Still like a good hamburger, but don’t “drool” at the though like I used too.  In fact, I don’t “drool” (really want bad) hardly anything except grilled beef.  If I didn’t still get hungry as a great white, I’d be losing weight, lol.  Have had the two Moderna.  Got Second about 4 weeks ago.  About a week ago I started feeling like I have a low grade fever about every other day.  A couple of Bufferins makes it go away.  No idea if it’s shot related.  Googled shot reactions, but this didn’t appear. Hoping it stops.  If not, guess I’ll go to Dr.  Still, hate the taste thing.  At my age, good food is one of life’s little pleasures.

21 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I haven't missed that part as much as the tasting! 😁

Taste and smell work hand in hand.  When I was a kid and they didn't serve something I liked at school I would hold my nose, and I was able to eat the food.  You may already know that as we grow older our taste and smell also weaken, and why we as human beings may like foods that we hated as kids.  https://www.brainfacts.org/thinking-sensing-and-behaving/taste/2020/how-taste-and-smell-work-011720

On 4/11/2021 at 7:43 PM, Wild74 said:

Tell that to the 45 yr old Jefferson softball coach. 

On 4/11/2021 at 8:48 PM, Wild74 said:

I my daughter is fixing to fly out to another country and was worried about not getting a shot because the word is those who had Covid have a bad reaction to the shot. She is going to check and see if she has a lot of the Covid anti-bodies there is a lot of confusion when it comes to young folks taking the vaccine but not really with the 60 and up bunch. I don't like taking shots but this is one I had no problem with. Also my daughter still has taste and smell problems, she was in a couple of weeks ago and we ran past a dead skunk and it stunk she said she never smelled it. 

My response has nothing to do with the subject of the thread but this comment got me thinking about an old song that cracks me up.  Yeah, I know, I'm somewhat demented...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

Tell that to the 45 yr old Jefferson softball coach. 

I hate to hear anyone died from this stuff but everything I have read says that people that age and with not health problems should survive even if they catch the Covid-19 and people shouldn't die from the shot but I believe some have. 

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

I've been going out to eat and working in a restaurant since May, and I have still not contracted the virus.  As I've said, I take added precautions when I'm around large groups.  I also haven't attended any social events or even family gatherings.  I may not even attend the celebration of what would be my Daddy's 100th birthday this year.  I'm not taking any chances.  While I hope this virus goes the way of the Spanish Flu it may not happen, and we could be seeing deaths until Christ returns again.  I don't know why Fauci won't go if he's vaccinated.  I've even gone to the movies this year.

8 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You can do a MILLION things to help prevent disease or death. 

Evidently you had a super spreader event for Christmas, and why you contracted the Wuhan.  I wouldn't label you as a poster child for how not to contract or prevent death from the Wuhan.  In my opinion, to each their own, and it's our own choices that we make on how we can prevent contracting any virus or disease.  You're being a little holier than thou by condemning others for their actions.  I'm not condemning you either, just pointing out the hypocrisy of your posts both past and present on what others do when you have done the same.  By the way, the movie I went to see had five people in the entire theater and the closest person sitting near me was 4 rows back.  I'm not saying I'm a poster child either on how not to contract the Wuhan, but so far I've been Wuhan and croup free.  I have usually come down with the croup every year for the past 50 years, but haven't had it for the last three.  Some people call it the crud, but my parents called it the croup, and it's been a part of my life until recent years.  I hated spitting out those yeller caterpillars since I still know East Texas slang for phlegm.  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/croup/symptoms-causes/syc-20350348 . 

26 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Evidently you had a super spreader event for Christmas, and why you contracted the Wuhan.  I wouldn't label you as a poster child for how not to contract or prevent death from the Wuhan.  In my opinion, to each their own, and it's our own choices that we make on how we can prevent contracting any virus or disease.  You're being a little holier than thou by condemning others for their actions.  I'm not condemning you either, just pointing out the hypocrisy of your posts both past and present on what others do when you have done the same.  By the way, the movie I went to see had five people in the entire theater and the closest person sitting near me was 4 rows back.  I'm not saying I'm a poster child either on how not to contract the Wuhan, but so far I've been Wuhan and croup free.  I have usually come down with the croup every year for the past 50 years, but haven't had it for the last three.  Some people call it the crud, but my parents called it the croup, and it's been a part of my life until recent years.  I hated spitting out those yeller caterpillars since I still know East Texas slang for phlegm.  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/croup/symptoms-causes/syc-20350348 . 

I contracted Covid in late February so nope, no super spreader, as my family was scattered at Christmas. And coming from the poster child of 'holier than thou' and Mr. Arcane Knowledge himself, that's pretty funny. You're the Rose Nyland of the board!  :rofl: