BLM goes on rampage as gang member shot fleeing police

gamewatcher63

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on: getting pulled over for having an air freshener hanging from your rear view mirror is a really dumb law.

Didn't read anything about an air freshener....read where an arrest warrant was being enforced and he tried to run...   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Didn't read anything about an air freshener....read where an arrest warrant was being enforced and he tried to run...   

My understanding is that he got stopped initially because he had an air freshener hanging from his rear view. Details are still coming out, but my understanding is that the victim was out of the car (I'm assuming the officer asked him to step out). Got back in when the officer was trying to arrest him, and the officer shot him.

Here's a couple of articles on it:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mom-minnesota-cops-killed-son-after-stopping-him-on-an-air-freshener-violation/ar-BB1fz0kZ

https://www.startribune.com/brooklyn-center-minnesota-police-fatally-shoot-black-man-during-traffic-stop/600044821/

5 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

My understanding is that he got stopped initially because he had an air freshener hanging from his rear view. Details are still coming out, but my understanding is that the victim was out of the car (I'm assuming the officer asked him to step out). Got back in when the officer was trying to arrest him, and the officer shot him.

Has to be more to the story, shooting someone over a stop for a air freshener seems kind of stupid but running from the law is also kind of stupid, I will wait till all the evidence comes out, what was the warrant for? Why did he run? Why did the officer decide to shoot after all the trouble Minnesota is having? Was the officers life threaten in any way? 

19 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Here's a couple of articles on it:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mom-minnesota-cops-killed-son-after-stopping-him-on-an-air-freshener-violation/ar-BB1fz0kZ

https://www.startribune.com/brooklyn-center-minnesota-police-fatally-shoot-black-man-during-traffic-stop/600044821/

Iv'e been stopped numerous times for license plate lights not working....I wasn't shot...I didn't have any warrants and didn't try to run either...we either allow LAWS to be enforced, how ever minor they seem....or we don't...Maybe SloJoe can sign a EO to not enforce laws...that would fix everything 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Is this where the officer 'meant' to tase him but shot him instead??? 

I think you're right.

But now that I read more on the story, he wasn't stopped because of an air freshener. The story is that he was stopped because of expired tags.

https://www.kltv.com/2021/04/12/protests-erupt-after-minnesota-police-shoot-kill-man-traffic-stop-incident/

So he had an outstanding warrant for FLEEING FROM OFFICERS and POSSESION OF HANDGUN WITHOUT PERMIT from June of last year in Minneapolis...it's justified, even if the officer meant to use the taser...or he could have maned up and gone to jail...but no he had to try and run again

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

https://www.kltv.com/2021/04/12/protests-erupt-after-minnesota-police-shoot-kill-man-traffic-stop-incident/

So he had an outstanding warrant for FLEEING FROM OFFICERS and POSSESION OF HANDGUN WITHOUT PERMIT from June of last year in Minneapolis...it's justified, even if the officer meant to use the taser...or he could have maned up and gone to jail...but no he had to try and run again

4 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Imo, she should’ve shot the POS.   She doesn’t need to be a cop.  Also, this brings up a point that I’ve believed, even prior to the current insanity - No police officer should be alone.  Always two.  Would be safer for them, and safer for most of the perps.  In this case, she only had one good option, kill him, and one bad option, run.  Two officers could probably have physically subdued him.

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

Imo, she should’ve shot the POS.   She doesn’t need to be a cop.  Also, this brings up a point that I’ve believed, even prior to the current insanity - No police officer should be alone.  Always two.  Would be safer for them, and safer for most of the perps.  In this case, she only had one good option, kill him, and one bad option, run.  Two officers could probably have physically subdued him.

Someone doing this, should be shot.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

“looters stormed a nearby Walmart store. Local media reports that many nearby businesses, including a Foot Locker and New York clothing store, were damaged in the ensuing violence.“

nothing says justice robbing the Walmart and foot locker amirite!

What were they thinking? Champs has better shoe selection IMO

• LOL! 3

47 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Didn't you start a topic on this saying it should be ok?

1 minute ago, JETT said:

Didn't you start a topic on this saying it should be ok?

I am for constitutional carry...the second amendment is the only permit a LAWABIDING CITIZEN needs. Mr. Wright had an arrest warrant from June for possession without a permit( statute 624.714, 1st time gross misdemeanor, 2nd time felony)I'd be willing to bet he had another gun in the car. And fleeing( statute  609.487 FELONY). So Mr. Wight had a FELONY WARRANT(for fleeing) and committed ANOTHER FELONY trying to flee again...NOT A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN!!!!!!! He's dead from stupidity....but hey lets all pretend he was some innocent little angel.... 

• Like 1

Just now, gamewatcher63 said:

I am for constitutional carry...the second amendment is the only permit a LAWABIDING CITIZEN needs. Mr. Wright had an arrest warrant from June for possession without a permit( statute 624.714, 1st time gross misdemeanor, 2nd time felony)I'd be willing to bet he had another gun in the car. And fleeing( statute  609.487 FELONY). So Mr. Wight had a FELONY WARRANT(for fleeing) and committed ANOTHER FELONY trying to flee again...NOT A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN!!!!!!! He's dead from stupidity....but hey lets all pretend he was some innocent little angel.... 

Don’t run, don’t get shot. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

accountability is lost these days.  This guy could still be alive today had he not gotten himself in a terrible situation.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

I wonder what the arrest warrant was for.  It seems to me the officer should know which is their service revolver, and which is the taser.  I didn't read in the story if the officer had a bodycam, but if he did I would like to see that footage to make a better analysis of the attempted arrest. 

I can also see Minnesota lawmakers taking away officers guns or giving them Barney Fife conditions where they can't have their guns loaded.  There is no way I would work as a police officer under those conditions.  It would put the odds largely in favor of the criminals and more police deaths.  I watched "Demolition Man" again the other night since it was brought up by a friend, and it had been almost 30 years since I saw that movie. To see what I'm talking about go to YouTube and write the headline : Demolition Man - Phoenix vs. Cops, it's cheesy, but it makes a point for what maybe the future. The police had no projectile weapons in that movie, and usually the thugs would end up getting away.  I know many want to move in the direction of the Brits with some of their Bobbies not carrying guns, but it won't work in America.  

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I think you're right.

But now that I read more on the story, he wasn't stopped because of an air freshener. The story is that he was stopped because of expired tags.

Check most cars out and about in Texas and a bunch of people could be pulled over for that now.  I don't even think they stop you in Houston now for it.  I knew one guy who's tags have been out for three years, and I've seen one car that wasn't registered since 2006.