Racism Among Aledo Students Online

BarryLaverty

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

I wonder how an all black school, or any school, would look if Social Media Post were placed under a microscope like this?  I think you’d find Aledo is not unique.

You should read some of the "Leftist" and Liberal sites out there. There's some crazy stuff on them.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I wonder how an all black school, or any school, would look if Social Media Post were placed under a microscope like this?  I think you’d find Aledo is not unique.

I can tell you that if my school had a group doing this, then clearly 'the learning environment' would be impacted, and we will make sure all involved had an appropriate response.

I think you are suggesting that it is just a regular thing, that should just sort of be shrugged at? An alternative choice would be to condemn it as hate and hope that it ends with this generation. I would hope that there would be a community response or maybe at least a school district one that would come out strong against this and reinforce the value of all within their community or within the walls of the school building. I haven't really seen that, yet. 

11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I can tell you that if my school had a group doing this, then clearly 'the learning environment' would be impacted, and we will make sure all involved had an appropriate response.

I think you are suggesting that it is just a regular thing, that should just sort of be shrugged at? An alternative choice would be to condemn it as hate and hope that it ends with this generation. I would hope that there would be a community response or maybe at least a school district one that would come out strong against this and reinforce the value of all within their community or within the walls of the school building. I haven't really seen that, yet. 

I’m just saying, in my opinion, any school put under a microscope for social media postings would find embarrassing post.  I’m not condoning what’s happened in Aledo.  I see adults making crazy SM post.  I can only imagine what 15-18 year olds put on there.   Like the Internet, it’s a great tool, but people throw out trash on beautiful highways.  They’ll certainly trash SM.

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I’m just saying, in my opinion, any school put under a microscope for social media postings would find embarrassing post.  I’m not condoning what’s happened in Aledo.  I see adults making crazy SM post.  I can only imagine what 15-18 year olds put on there.   Like the Internet, it’s a great tool, but people throw out trash on beautiful highways.  They’ll certainly trash SM.

Social Media can be beautifully informative. But as I've noted, I limit who I follow (I don't follow any politicians, actors, or anyone who I think might be "controversial") on Social Media. I'm also cautious about what I say.

4 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/slave-auction-raises-questions-as-tx-students-sell-classmates/ar-BB1fEWJT?ocid=msedgdhp

So according to this "journalist" FROM NY he wants to know the names of the 9th graders..... Hmmmm.... for what???

I didn't get that part, but rather, I thought it was wanting to know what was said by specific Aledo administrators. The district can't release any information that would violate FERPA. Are you talking about this part? 

• Is knowing that the district met with the accused students and their parents enough? Is that transparency, or should the community know what was said, and by whom, to address the issue?

To provide no details of the conversation between school officials, the offending students and their parents explains nothing about how the district reacts to an actual event in real time. Providing a generic condemnation of bigotry without applying it to this specific instance is like a police officer responding to a specific crime by issuing a statement stating "illegal activity is punishable by law."

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I didn't get that part, but rather, I thought it was wanting to know what was said by specific Aledo administrators. The district can't release any information that would violate FERPA. Are you talking about this part? 

• Is knowing that the district met with the accused students and their parents enough? Is that transparency, or should the community know what was said, and by whom, to address the issue?

To provide no details of the conversation between school officials, the offending students and their parents explains nothing about how the district reacts to an actual event in real time. Providing a generic condemnation of bigotry without applying it to this specific instance is like a police officer responding to a specific crime by issuing a statement stating "illegal activity is punishable by law."

So you tell me...

The articles writer is a SJW that has no business knowing what the ISD is doing. Was there a law broken??? People just want to have a say in everything....he needs to go do an article on something constructive...like counting the number of red skittles in each bag and see if they are equal....gotta have equality don't ya know.