Someone please explain these cop's actions

ctown81

3 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

That's true, but at least you recognize that there are good and bad cops, and that cops aren't out "hunting" black people.

Na not at all, but it's funny the picture ppl on here want to paint when ppl post these topics not realizing there are way more shootings than being posted on here, just some are worse than others....

I was pulled over on the I-10 and ask to get out.  After doing so, & them checking my license, they apologized.  Someone, in a car like mine had held up a place at gunpoint and drove off.  No big deal, just do what the Officers ask.  If you don’t agree with that, think about how you would handle these situations as a police officer.

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

213 civilians having been shot, 30 of whom were Black, in the first three months of 2021

I don't recall 30 topics on here about them either, do you? Ppl are frustrated the situations that lead to being shot 

2 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

DOJ data on violent crime arrests by race:

• 58% are white
  • 37.8% are black
  • 2% are American Indian
  • 1.9% are Asian

With these numbers I don't see a reason yall whine about Hispanics coming over... what is there percentage of crimes? Seems we need to get shed of the whites and MAGA baby!!! JK

• LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, JETT said:

With these numbers I don't see a reason yall whine about Hispanics coming over... what is there percentage of crimes? Seems we need to get shed of the whites and MAGA baby!!! JK

I think those particular numbers had white and Latinos together for some reason. Found other stats higher in some areas and lower in others. Negligible really. Doubt the illegal totals were in that total as well. But that’s a different topic.

22 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I think those particular numbers had white and Latinos together for some reason. Found other stats higher in some areas and lower in others. Negligible really. Doubt the illegal totals were in that total as well. But that’s a different topic.

Latinos pose a low risk, come on over baby

I'm with Jett on this one....except for his statement "that it is only getting worse".  I think our country has come a long ways in the last 40-50 years.  But we now see more of the bad cops with cell phones and body cams.  But these two cops had no business drawing weapons and spraying the guy.  Over what?  Dealer tags and tinted windows?  Guy was polite with hands visible.  Dude should definitely not be a cop (unless there is much more to the story which could be).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Here’s a crazy idea. How about shut up and cooperate? 
I mean seriously? 
not unlocking your doors, not stepping out of the vehicle, asking them questions instead of following commands. 

I’d also like to know their laws on displaying license plates. If my memory is correct taped in the window being tinted glass doesnt work in Texas. 

WEAR A MASK !!!!

3 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Apples to oranges one makes sense the other not do much 

Nope, the same people who say break the mask and shutdown laws in 2020 , are the 1rst people say shut-up and cooperate when it comes to other laws.  Why is that ?  

Ey0ATbzWgAMz3D_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Here’s a crazy idea. How about shut up and cooperate? 
I mean seriously? 
not unlocking your doors, not stepping out of the vehicle, asking them questions instead of following commands. 

I’d also like to know their laws on displaying license plates. If my memory is correct taped in the window being tinted glass doesnt work in Texas. 

I'm sorry but if he would have complied and reached down to get his seat belt loose he may be dead. They walked up on him with guns. If you have reached for a seatbelt they may have shot him I'm sorry

3 hours ago, JETT said:

Had I did nothing I wouldn't cooperate as well...

So, if a cop shows up to your place and tells you to step out your place and you've done nothing wrong you cooperate? Loss of freedom more and more each and everyday... funny thing is yall are the ppl claiming our freedom is being taken away

My house isn’t exactly the same thing as being stopped in a vehicle. 
i never said the cop was in the right. Cooperate, don’t get pepper spray or worse shot and then sue them if they did something wrong. 

So if i cop pulls you over and you believe you did nothing wrong you wouldn’t cooperate? 

3 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I'm sorry but if he would have complied and reached down to get his seat belt loose he may be dead. They walked up on him with guns. If you have reached for a seatbelt they may have shot him I'm sorry

Maybe. But most likely not.  But instead he refused all commands and got sprayed. 
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

22 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Nope, the same people who say break the mask and shutdown laws in 2020 , are the 1rst people say shut-up and cooperate when it comes to other laws.  Why is that ?  

Ey0ATbzWgAMz3D_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Maybe because one involves a cop 6 feet from me with a loaded gun and the other is a over-reaching politician in Washington or Austin. 
Doesn’t seem that hard to me!?!

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

I'm with Jett on this one....except for his statement "that it is only getting worse".  I think our country has come a long ways in the last 40-50 years.  But we now see more of the bad cops with cell phones and body cams.  But these two cops had no business drawing weapons and spraying the guy.  Over what?  Dealer tags and tinted windows?  Guy was polite with hands visible.  Dude should definitely not be a cop (unless there is much more to the story which could be).

Disagree. 
I can’t justify why they were drawn on him, but he earned the pepper spray by being stupid.  
As far as being stopped for the tag, Do you think you could see that paper tag behind tinted windows on the move at night? 

5 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

If a cop pulls me over and points a gun at me and says “wear a mask”, I’d put on a mask. 

Not that tough, is it?

I would have responded with , " and you need a Tic-Tac ".  That is just me.  It gets me in trouble a lot.  

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

He was asking what he did to get stopped. I think that's a legitimate question for the officers to answer. They could have asked him to step out more calmly than they did.

I agree.  This was the worst stop I've seen in a long time.  There was no need to pull guns, especially once they found out he was with the military.  I wouldn't get out of the car either with guns drawn.  There was no reason for that much less pepper spray him.  He should win any lawsuit he files easily.  I knew people would call for this, but I don't think it's financially feasible.  Many cops patrolling streets need their guns during stops.  https://www.aol.com/news/time-police-traffic-stops-155835178.html

39 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Maybe. But most likely not.  But instead he refused all commands and got sprayed. 
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

So why did the cop basically try to get him not to complain to the dept. They never stated why they pulled him over. Which is illegal