Someone please explain these cop's actions

ctown81

6 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

From what I read and heard. Tags were displayed but they pulled him over for not having displayed tags I thought. Maybe I’m wrong

I think you are right. My only argument with that is that the tag was paper and behind tinted glass. I’m not sure if that’s legal or not but i could see how it would be hard to see it at night. 

1 hour ago, trashyhound said:

I think you are right. My only argument with that is that the tag was paper and behind tinted glass. I’m not sure if that’s legal or not but i could see how it would be hard to see it at night. 

Yea, but the cop saw it as soon as they walked up. It’s still complete BS by the cops. 
the response by the Driver is dumb though also.

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Yea, but the cop saw it as soon as they walked up. It’s still complete BS by the cops. 
the response by the Driver is dumb though also.

Agreed. 
I haven’t seen anything that justifies their guns out and acting crazy, but the drivers response didn’t help his cause at all either. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Unlawful?

11 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

From what I read and heard. Tags were displayed but they pulled him over for not having displayed tags I thought. Maybe I’m wrong

You're right. The cop knew it was unlawful too and that's why he tried to cover his.........

17 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

213 civilians having been shot, 30 of whom were Black, in the first three months of 2021

Now my question is, what were the circumstances. Routine traffic stops, robberies.....etc. I'm more concerned with blacks dying from routine stops.

1 hour ago, trashyhound said:

Agreed. 
I haven’t seen anything that justifies their guns out and acting crazy, but the drivers response didn’t help his cause at all either. 

If they get out pointing guns for no apparent reason, why the heck would you reach down for anything in the vehicle or trust these officers. Please explain the logic. The safest way not to get shot was to show the empty hands out the window. 

Just now, ctown81 said:

If they get out pointing guns for no apparent reason, why the heck would you reach down for anything in the vehicle or trust these officers. Please explain the logic. The safest way not to get shot was to show the empty hands out the window. 

Agreed. 
But like around the 9th time they told me to get out of the car ( or anytime in the previous 8 commands) i might use his calm to advise them “hey I’m using one hand to undo my seatbelt”, then open the door from the outside, then slowly get out with your hands visible. 
would that be a good enough start?

Just now, trashyhound said:

How many have been shot during routine stops where they didn’t run or fight? 

2 instantly come to mind. the mentally ill guy with his hands up and philando castile. it's more but that just instantly comes to mind.

4 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

2 instantly come to mind. the mentally ill guy with his hands up and philando castile. it's more but that just instantly comes to mind.

Ok, so out of all of the “same their name” lists we have two that cooperated and were shot. 
Then throw the book at those cops, put them under the jail and train the rest of our pd in ways to avoid making the same decisions! 
The rest of those “say their names” teach those listening to cooperate with pd including proper procedure while interacting with pd during traffic stops! 

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Anyone wonders why he didn't want to get out of the car. Here you go.

I'm honestly afraid to get out of the car."

Cop: "Ya dude, you should be."

Comply my..........

Go back and listen to how many times he had refused commands prior to that comment! 

Comply you azz is correct! He never complied, not once!

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Ok, so out of all of the “same their name” lists we have two that cooperated and were shot. 
Then throw the book at those cops, put them under the jail and train the rest of our pd in ways to avoid making the same decisions! 
The rest of those “say their names” teach those listening to cooperate with pd including proper procedure while interacting with pd during traffic stops! 

I said those were the first two that came to mind.

18 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Apparently not the same one you watched. 

First statement made by cop “open the door slowly and step out”

-he didn’t

next: “get out of the car x3”

- his response = does not get out and states “i haven’t committed any crime”

in total he was ordered to get out of the car 9 times.... he never did. 

he stated “get your hands off me”x4

and also “i didn’t do anything”

cop #2 tries to unlock car door and he uses his elbow to prevent him from unlocking it while stating: “get out of my car “

After a minimum of 9 refused orders to get out of the car he is sprayed. 
Once the door is opened and he is out he is told to “get on the ground” x2 and still has to be forced to the ground. 

Jett, what part of any of that is cooperating?

Ctown, Is this is the compliance you’re referring to? 

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

Go back and listen to how many times he had refused commands prior to that comment! 

Comply you azz is correct! He never complied, not once!

So guns pointed at you for no valid reason and you're going to trust these same cops not to shoot you when you reach down. 

So guns pointed at you for no valid reason and you're going to trust these same cops not to shoot you when you reach down. 

They bleeped up once they decided to bribe the man, if they were in no wrong and he escalated the situation prior to the video posted he would've been arrested or given a ticket.. instead let's do a bribery SMH

So cops with guns pointed at you and you’ll go with don’t obey vs do what they say? 

Really? 

That’s what you’re going with?

Look, I’m not defending the cops. Maybe they saw the plates and profiled him, 

Maybe they are racist and drew their guns for fun 

Maybe they wanted to try out their new pepper spray on someone. 

But at what point can we prove any of that if those who are stopped refuse to comply? 
By refusing to comply people are actually making it harder for us as a people to eliminate the problem cops! 

1 minute ago, JETT said:

They bleeped up once they decided to bribe the man, if they were in no wrong and he escalated the situation prior to the video posted he would've been arrested or given a ticket.. instead let's do a bribery SMH

So how would you handle this stop? 

Officer Jett didn’t see the paper tag behind the tinted window and you decide to stop him. He slow rolls down the street to a well lit gas station and upon getting out you have a bad feeling about this one. What would you do? 

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

So how would you handle this stop? 

Officer Jett didn’t see the paper tag behind the tinted window and you decide to stop him. He slow rolls down the street to a well lit gas station and upon getting out you have a bad feeling about this one. What would you do? 

I'm not a cop so I wouldn't know honestly... but I don't see many occasions where guns are drawn and ppl are pepper sprayed while not resisting... asking questions is not resisting 

1 minute ago, JETT said:

I'm not a cop so I wouldn't know honestly... but I don't see many occasions where guns are drawn and ppl are pepper sprayed while not resisting... asking questions is not resisting 

Not following commands is resisting! 
C’mon Jett, you of all people are reasonable enough to grasp that! 

9 times he was told to get out, he didn’t. 

he prevented the cop from unlocking the door!

He was told to get in the ground, he didn’t! 

18 hours ago, JETT said:

Who knows what would happen if I'd get pulled over since I'm strapped? I'd tell em I'm strapped and it probably would still escalate.... scary azz cops

If you are a Concealed Carry Permit holder, you are Legally Required to furnish your Permit, along with your DL during a traffic stop & inform the Officer that you are carrying, if you are asked, which you Will be asked, I promise you.

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

Not following commands is resisting! 
C’mon Jett, you of all people are reasonable enough to grasp that! 

9 times he was told to get out, he didn’t. 

he prevented the cop from unlocking the door!

He was told to get in the ground, he didn’t! 

So with your theory if that's resisting, they had every right under law to shoot him? What a joke