Texas A&M vs Arkansas baseball double header

A&Ms baseball team is the worst team they have fielded in a decade or more. RC is gone after this season so every Aggie is just covering their eyes and ignoring the bloodbaths this season until a new coach is hired. 

It helps the football team has everyone's attention as opposed most of the last 20 years where baseball was the best sport on campus. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

A&Ms baseball team is the worst team they have fielded in a decade or more. RC is gone after this season so every Aggie is just covering their eyes and ignoring the bloodbaths this season until a new coach is hired. 

It helps the football team has everyone's attention as opposed most of the last 20 years where baseball was the best sport on campus. 

Man I just don't get it. Never in all my years would I think A&M would be 13th out of 14 teams in the conference standings. I know they've got talent... they beat us and just went extra innings with Arkansas. What's holding them down this year?

11 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Man I just don't get it. Never in all my years would I think A&M would be 13th out of 14 teams in the conference standings. I know they've got talent... they beat us and just went extra innings with Arkansas. What's holding them down this year?

Under RC they have typically had strong pitching and had issues with batting. This year, they are having issues with both. They just aren't consistent as you can see. Looked like they might be turning a corner vs Texas then promptly drop a series to the worst team talent wise in the sec.

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Under RC they have typically had strong pitching and had issues with batting. This year, they are having issues with both. They just aren't consistent as you can see. Looked like they might be turning a corner vs Texas then promptly drop a series to the worst team talent wise in the sec.

This just a curiosity (not a troll) question.

Other than football, what sport has the conference change benefited? And in your opinion which sports has it hurt?

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

This just a curiosity (not a troll) question.

Other than football, what sport has the conference change benefited? And in your opinion which sports has it hurt?

Baseball has done well. They have been competitive every year until this one. And the sec is even tougher for baseball than it is football... 

To answer your question more directly, its hard to tell because there have only been 1 basketball coaching turnover and thats it. A&Ms had the same baseball, softball, women's BB and track coach since entering the conference. Its hard to tell how you can "benefit" from a conference move in those when you have the same coaches.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Baseball has done well. They have been competitive every year until this one. And the sec is even tougher for baseball than it is football... 

To answer your question more directly, its hard to tell because there have only been 1 basketball coaching turnover and thats it. A&Ms had the same baseball, softball, women's BB and track coach since entering the conference. Its hard to tell how you can "benefit" from a conference move in those when you have the same coaches.

That’s fair. It’s my opinion that the men’s basketball program has taken a step back since the conference change, but I don’t really follow the other sports.

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That’s fair. It’s my opinion that the men’s basketball program has taken a step back since the conference change, but I don’t really follow the other sports.

The basketball program had much better coaching in the big12. The struggles are related with that not the conference move. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 11:18 AM, WETSU said:

Baseball has been solid since the move to the SEC. Just a big down year this year. But I agree, I think it's time to move on from Childress.

• Like 1