Paul Pewitt open

AttaKid0596

12 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Yep, but the threat of the pass was enough to cause PP to have to play defense in a way that opened up the running game.

Pretty sure PP loaded the box. Gunter gashed them the second half, running through 8/9 men in the box.

On 4/29/2021 at 1:08 PM, mrclean69 said:

The blasphemy on this website. 1 decent season out of 3 in the spread? 2 first round exits and a losing season. 3 Seasons back in the Slot T and 8-3, 14-2 state runner ups, and 8-4, and still getting the "eh they would be better in something else". I bet a lot of schools will take a couple playoff wins a year and an occasional state run over first round exits. It amazes me some think that their best season in 2 decades would have been even better (by one game) in another system. 

That more to do with the linemen in the senior class for Pewit this year than it does with any style of offense. 

• Like 1

Wow.  Haven't been on here for months and I come back to this news.  Two things...(1) I'm kind if surprised if this was a mutual agreement with the board. I thought last year would have been considered a step in the right direction.  Esp with the win over Newton.  Didn't PP make it to round 3? (2) I'm not surprised if he was job searching after a "good" season, he did Overton the same way.  That stuff can definitely agitate a school board.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, Eagleborn said:

That’s accurate but when the last time PP had a kid that could be a true QB or even potential to be one?

They have had some good QB's, Just used them as runners instead.  My son's senior year, Isaiah Porter, was extremely talented and had a great arm.  A terrible late shove in a scrimmage caused him to slip a disc in his back.  The freshman backup shattered his leg in three places next scrimmage.  My son the Split End ended up playing QB as #88.  Ramsey was the OC back then and had that group ready.  When they were JV they would run some spread too with success.  But as they grew stronger so did their Slot T game.