New Information On Capitol Protests

DannyZuco

It seems as though the media lead many people to believe that Officer Sicknick was killed during the protests. The autopsy, released yesterday, tells a different story. It is sad that the narrative of his death was lied about in the media several times. But 2 things here--Yes, he was there to protect the Capitol, which I believe he was doing, and Why did it take so long to get the autopsy? 3 months? But he did not die from a fire extinguisher, or bear spray. Is this media injustice? 

It seems that George Floyd died on May 25, 2020 and they had his autopsy report on May 26--see article below the Sicknick article. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-brian-sicknick-cause-of-death-20210420-znkmvmwcfjhzhbemyz7hhsmoua-story.html

Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who was injured while confronting rioters during the Jan. 6 insurrection, suffered a stroke and died from natural causes, the Washington, D.C., medical examiner’s office ruled Monday, a finding that lessens the chances that anyone will be charged in his death.

Investigators initially believed the officer was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher, based on statements collected early in the investigation, according to two people familiar with the case. And they later thought the 42-year-old Sicknick may have ingested a chemical substance — possibly bear spray — that may have contributed to his death.

But the determination of a natural cause of death means the medical examiner found that a medical condition alone caused his death — it was not brought on by an injury. The determination is likely to significantly inhibit the ability of federal prosecutors to bring homicide charges in Sicknick’s death.

U.S. Capitol Police said that the agency accepted the medical examiner’s findings but that the ruling didn’t change the fact that Sicknick had died in the line of duty, “courageously defending Congress and the Capitol.”

“The attack on our officers, including Brian, was an attack on our democracy,” police officials said in a statement. “The United States Capitol Police will never forget Officer Sicknick’s bravery, nor the bravery of any officer on January 6, who risked their lives to defend our democracy.”

Federal prosecutors have charged two men with using bear spray on Sicknick during the Jan. 6 riot. The arrests of George Tanios, 39, of Morgantown, West Virginia, and Julian Khater, 32, of Pennsylvania, were the closest federal prosecutors have come to identifying and charging anyone associated with the five deaths that happened during and after the riot.

Lawyers for the two men had no immediate comment Monday.

George Floyd Autopsy report:

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/06/04/869278494/medical-examiners-autopsy-reveals-george-floyd-had-positive-test-for-coronavirus

June 4, 2020

A previous version of this story incorrectly said the autopsy report from the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office was dated May 25. The autopsy was not performed until May 26, per the report. The story also incorrectly suggested a preliminary report released Monday said the autopsy "revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation." Those words were cited last week but were not part of the report released Monday. In addition, the story incorrectly said the charge of second-degree murder against Derek Chauvin carries a maximum penalty of 12.5 years in prison. In fact, that charge carries a maximum sentence of 40 years in prison.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Imagine trying to arrest someone and following your department procedures and training and the person dying from a drug overdose....

Imagine how many DA ppl really believe that's what happened....

42 minutes ago, JETT said:

Imagine how many DA ppl really believe that's what happened....

Were he not stoned out of his mind, he may still be alive today.  Once again, a person put their self in a bad situation.    Then something bad happened.  Imagine that.  

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Were he not stoned out of his mind, he may still be alive today.  Once again, a person put their self in a bad situation.    Then something bad happened.  Imagine that.  

No godly human in their right mind can watch a guy plead for his life and beg the officer to help him and sit their and watch blood run from his nose as the life is being sucked out of him.... if this is allowed in America, lord help us all... 

Just now, JETT said:

No godly human in their right mind can watch a guy plead for his life and beg the officer to help him and sit their and watch blood run from his nose as the life is being sucked out of him.... if this is allowed in America, lord help us all... 

you don’t believe in personal accountability?  

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

you don’t believe in personal accountability?  

Yeah I believe in personal accountability.... this man was hand cuffed the threat that I never saw on any footage was low if any... knee to the neck was uncalled for 

39 minutes ago, JETT said:

Yeah I believe in personal accountability.... this man was hand cuffed the threat that I never saw on any footage was low if any... knee to the neck was uncalled for 

Don’t get high, don’t use counterfeit money.  Problem solved before it ever happened.  

yes, it escalated into something bad.  I personally don’t think murder, but manslaughter is easy.  But it never would’ve happened had he not got himself into that situation.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Was the prosecution that much better than the defense as Jett put it?

I don't think so. And the people (attorneys) who "live blogged" and did summaries on the Legal Insurrection website didn't think so, either.

Don't take my word for it. Read for yourself: https://legalinsurrection.com/tag/george-floyd-derek-chauvin-trial/

That has all of the daily recaps on it, and the attorney's opinions.

Just now, Monte1076 said:

I don't think so. And the people (attorneys) who "live blogged" and did summaries on the Legal Insurrection website didn't think so, either.

Don't take my word for it. Read for yourself: https://legalinsurrection.com/tag/george-floyd-derek-chauvin-trial/

That has all of the daily recaps on it, and the attorney's opinions.

So we are assuming that Jett watched it on CNN?

Prosecutors will never be as good as the good defense attorneys.  Why?  The prosecution takes evidence to support the laws that were broken.  It's black and white and if there is a little gray a mediocre defense attorney can tear it to shreds due to there not being anything that can directly point at "this law is broken therefore it is murder."  Also if you put someone on trial for murder without a secondary manslaughter charge, and you can't prove premeditative murder then the guy walks free.  It's slippery for the prosecution.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JETT said:

how many ODs have you seen?

45 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Don’t get high, don’t use counterfeit money.  Problem solved before it ever happened.  

yes, it escalated into something bad.  I personally don’t think murder, but manslaughter is easy.  But it never would’ve happened had he not got himself into that situation.  

We can agree on that, but it isn't a death warrant... how many counterfeit money is used daily