Celina vs Argyle 2021

TCU44

17 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Have a feeling the bobcats will win this time.After this season will they play again? Argyle  will definitely be moving up to 5A but I guess we will see if they continue the rivalry.

I think it will be their best chance since 2015, in all honesty. Argyle was a monster last year, and I think they'll still have some young talent to keep the machine rolling. But the Eagles lost a TON of big-time playmakers on both sides of the ball. And I think Celina's youth, a lot of whom received all-district, all-state recognition, got a lot of crucial experience last year. And this young wave seems more attuned to that 2014-2015 squad, and some of the mid-2000s teams. The team chemistry, from what I've heard, is off the charts. The work ethic in the classroom, weight room, other sports, is off the charts. There's a cohesiveness there that was evident last year. I think the growing pains and difficulty of last season really solidified this group, too. I really do think 2021 and beyond could be entertaining for Bobcats fans.

And let me say ... don't sleep on Celina's Class of 2025 group. There's some talent there that will be fun to watch. Some of those kids could see some varsity action as freshmen this coming fall.

The last time we beat Argyle, both us and the Eagles made the state championship games in Div. I and II. Wouldn't mind seeing a repeat of that in 2021!

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

I think it will be their best chance since 2015, in all honesty. Argyle was a monster last year, and I think they'll still have some young talent to keep the machine rolling. But the Eagles lost a TON of big-time playmakers on both sides of the ball. And I think Celina's youth, a lot of whom received all-district, all-state recognition, got a lot of crucial experience last year. And this young wave seems more attuned to that 2014-2015 squad, and some of the mid-2000s teams. The team chemistry, from what I've heard, is off the charts. The work ethic in the classroom, weight room, other sports, is off the charts. There's a cohesiveness there that was evident last year. I think the growing pains and difficulty of last season really solidified this group, too. I really do think 2021 and beyond could be entertaining for Bobcats fans.

And let me say ... don't sleep on Celina's Class of 2025 group. There's some talent there that will be fun to watch. Some of those kids could see some varsity action as freshmen this coming fall.

The last time we beat Argyle, both us and the Eagles made the state championship games in Div. I and II. Wouldn't mind seeing a repeat of that in 2021!

Celina and Gilmer can go ahead and reserve a stadium for their clash.

Argyle will be back with an excellent offensive line and most probably a pretty good defensive unit as well.  Should not have much of a learning curve early season because of the long playoff run, but still concerned about the QB position.  It will be tough sledding to replace CJ Rogers with someone that can throw at even 2/3 of his abilities.  Somehow Argyle always seems to come up with a good QB......or at least a QB that knows how to get the ball to the key offensive players.  Argyle will have excellent team speed at the skill positions again.......that helps out tremendously on both sides of the ball.  The linebacking corps should be very good......secondary too.  Look out for those Felton twins next season.......I hope to see them mature into very good players as juniors.

The RB position will be full with Knox Scoggins(Sr/5-11/185), Peyton Shoemake(Sr/5-11/175), Dax Horany(Jr/6-2/185-watch this guy wherever he plays, he's multiple on both sides of the ball). Argyle has a State-bound 4x100 and 4x200 group that are all on the varsity football team with experience......including Jamaal Felton(Jr/6-0/185), senior receivers Hayden Stewart, Riley Page(fastest on the team), and Ward McCollum, and All-State DB Jett Copeland.  All of these guys are very fast and very athletic......with experience on the football team playing with the starters last season.  There's a long list of other young players that will be juniors this season that are equally athletic and impressive, but were just too young last season to crack  a starting role for a really good Argyle football team.  Kicker/punter/ambi-legstrous Caden Dodsen will be a senior this season......his 3rd season as the starter.......don't discount his value for a second.  I could talk about at least 10 more guys......Argyle will reload for another run at the title.  I hear we have QB/FS Zack Ohlemeier(6-1/185/Jr) over at Argyle now this spring.  He was the backup QB at Flower Mound Marcus and starting FS for them last season, but moved to Argyle sometime over the holidays last year.  I reckon he will be in there to contend for the starting QB job for Argyle.  I think he made all-district at safety last season for Flower Mound Marcus.  Argyle also has backup QB Jett Copeland(Sr/6-0/180) that also made All-State 2nd team at safety last season.  So one of these guys is most probably gonna be the starter at QB for Argyle next season.......both are loaded with speed and athletic abilities.

Sounds like Argyle will reload. Coach Rogers always does a good job of developing a QB, whether one moves in (or back) or one is homegrown. This matchup should be entertaining next season, then, because Celina is bringing back a boatload of talented young men, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Watch out for the LB corps for the Bobcats next season. A backfield full of sophomores (QB/2 RBs) got a whole lot of experience last year and grew up in front of our eyes. With a full year of service under their belts — especially for Noah Bentley at QB — they'll cause some problems for opposing defenses next season. Look for Collin Urich to be Bentley's go-to receiver, along with TEs Brady Cunningham and Caden Mitchell (also a sophomore).

On 4/21/2021 at 11:23 AM, d0tc0m said:

Speaking of the last time Celina was in the state game. If they don’t lose that quarterback on the first drive I really think they would’ve handled WOS. To me the Gilmer team they played the week before was better than WOS IMOP.Celina  would have not beat Gilmer the week before without there starting quarterback.Injuries are part of the game though so it is what it is.

1 hour ago, TCU44 said:

Speaking of the last time Celina was in the state game. If they don’t lose that quarterback on the first drive I really think they would’ve handled WOS. To me the Gilmer team they played the week before was better than WOS IMOP.Celina  would have not beat Gilmer the week before without there starting quarterback.Injuries are part of the game though so it is what it is.

No I agree. I thought, overall, they were a better team than WOS was that year, but Pingleton at QB was the engine that made the machine go. When he went down, it was easy work for the Chain Gang defense. They just pinned their ears back and blitzed seven on every snap. Celina’s defense played out of their minds that game. They were just simply on the field way too much and with the athletes that WOS had, they were going to breakthrough eventually.

And I agree that Gilmer the week before was probably even a better team. DeMarco Boyd was a BEAST and so were a handful of their receivers. That was one of the craziest games I’ve ever watched.

On 4/28/2021 at 9:26 AM, d0tc0m said:

Sounds like Argyle will reload. Coach Rogers always does a good job of developing a QB, whether one moves in (or back) or one is homegrown. This matchup should be entertaining next season, then, because Celina is bringing back a boatload of talented young men, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Watch out for the LB corps for the Bobcats next season. A backfield full of sophomores (QB/2 RBs) got a whole lot of experience last year and grew up in front of our eyes. With a full year of service under their belts — especially for Noah Bentley at QB — they'll cause some problems for opposing defenses next season. Look for Collin Urich to be Bentley's go-to receiver, along with TEs Brady Cunningham and Caden Mitchell (also a sophomore).

Plano Prestonwood QB just happens to live in Argyle school district.

2 hours ago, Ballboy23 said:

Oh I did not realize that’s where Maguire was! Yeah, I’d say he has Celina ties alright, lol. His dad is one of the GOATs to ever put on the Orange and white. Jarrod Martin and Gary Don Moore (95 state team) set the stage for “the streak” years. They cast the mold of all the Celina legends. Those guys are who me — and the other ones my age or close to it — dreamed of being when we got up to high school.

On 5/1/2021 at 7:24 PM, Ballboy23 said:

Plano Prestonwood QB just happens to live in Argyle school district.

But will he continue playing for Prestonwood Christian or decide to play for the Eagles???  Then there is Liberty Christian in Argyle also......not sure what they will have coming back for this next season, either.  Sounds like this kid has a choice to play for any one of these schools.

On 5/9/2021 at 3:20 AM, regaleagle said:

But will he continue playing for Prestonwood Christian or decide to play for the Eagles???  Then there is Liberty Christian in Argyle also......not sure what they will have coming back for this next season, either.  Sounds like this kid has a choice to play for any one of these schools.

I imagine he'll stay at Prestonwood, but who knows. If Argyle has Ohlemeier, they'll be fine at QB. He could have fun being able to play both ways too, if Coach Rogers let him.

If Ohlemeier is already in classes at Argyle this Spring and the Prestonwood QB is not.......then we must assume that Ohlemeier is the most likely candidate as the next QB starter for Argyle.  I think Coach Rodgers will keep Copeland as a backup and a starter in the secondary and try to bring along Ohlemeier into the Eagle offensive scheme. It is probably not much different than they run over at FM Marcus.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:33 PM, d0tc0m said:

Should get a fun little preview of this matchup at 2 pm. Bobcats and Eagles playing for a spot in the state 7on7 at the Melissa SQT.

Did either team win a spot?  Argyle hardly ever does any good in those 7on7's for some reason.  And they usually end up with just an excellent passing attack nearly every  season.  Of course.....a good passing QB needs a good O-line in order for him to put up the numbers.  And O-lines ain't factored in to 7on7's......so I guess that answers that question.  AND a couple of quality RB's helps too......or at least one very good one for sure.

And just while we are on that line of thought.....ol' Nick Ralston signed with the Cowboys and is working out daily in the FB position with them.  I guess they need a strong and big blocking back and felt he might be an inexpensive project player that has what it takes to give it a whirl, Huh?

Besides......Jerry has more money than he can spend and Nick is the kind of guy that won't say No.......lol.  He just loves football. :D

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

And just while we are on that line of thought.....ol' Nick Ralston signed with the Cowboys and is working out daily in the FB position with them.  I guess they need a strong and big blocking back and felt he might be an inexpensive project player that has what it takes to give it a whirl, Huh?

Besides......Jerry has more money than he can spend and Nick is the kind of guy that won't say No.......lol.  He just loves football. :D

Man, that's AWESOME! I hope he sticks with them and finds as long a career playing the game as he wants!

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Did either team win a spot?  Argyle hardly ever does any good in those 7on7's for some reason.  And they usually end up with just an excellent passing attack nearly every  season.  Of course.....a good passing QB needs a good O-line in order for him to put up the numbers.  And O-lines ain't factored in to 7on7's......so I guess that answers that question.  AND a couple of quality RB's helps too......or at least one very good one for sure.

Argyle won 20-13. From a skill-player perspective, both teams looked pretty evenly matched, from what I saw. It could have gone either way, in all honesty. Both teams looked pretty good, defensively, too — again, just with regards to skill-positions, in the context of 7-on-7.

Not sure who the Eagles QB was, but he looked pretty good. Argyle has a load of really good receivers again, which should not be a surprise. But Celina has a group that can just about match them, and a really good QB of their own. All things holding equal, this should be a pretty fun regular-season matchup.

4 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Looks like Argyle had a good day at the Melissa SQT 7on7's.  They went 4-0 on the day and qualified for the State Meet.

How many baseball guys were missing from football team?

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

How many baseball guys were missing from football team?

I'm fairly certain the answer to that question this season is zero.  Looks like this young baseball team that has only 3 senior commits did not have any QB's, secondary, or receivers that will be starters on the football team.  Maybe there is one that is a receiver, but he was on the JV last season on the football team.....he will be a junior in the fall.