House Passes Bill to Make DC a State

Hagar

So after 245 years of DC being a separate entity, the Dems want to make it a State.  Why?  Simply a power grab by the Democrats.  Their thoughts, two more Dem Senators will give them power in perpetuity.  And as sure as the sun rises in the east & sets in the west, Puerto Rico will be next.  So with a pandemic ongoing, with riots (anarchist) running rampant in several cities, with the US balanced on an economic see-saw, with North Korea firing missiles, with Russia amassing troops on the border with the Ukraine, and China threatening an invasion of Taiwan, our HOR concentrates on Power.  To hell with the US, they want power.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-passes-dc-statehood-bill-now-heads-senate/story?id=77244375

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

I hope the Supreme Court does

I think the one we have now will.  Not sure about the SCOTUS we’ll have when the Dems hand pick three new Far Left Justices who think America is the Evil Empire, like all the leading Democrats do.

4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I think the one we have now will.  Not sure about the SCOTUS we’ll have when the Dems hand pick three new Far Left Justices who think America is the Evil Empire, like all the leading Democrats do.

I’m thinking the House turns bright red in 2022.  Then pedojoe can be impeached.  Then they can get the other trash out.  The dem party needs an enema

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

D.C. doesn't need to be a state.  I don't mind the idea of adding parts of D.C. back to Maryland and Virginia, but not all of it.  D.C. is reserved as a Federal District, and shouldn't become it's own state.  I wouldn't doubt that they also try to add Puerto Rico as a state since it is a Democrat territory.  D.C. should remain as it always has.  

• Like 1

The U.S. Constitution (Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17) instructed that the seat of government be a “District (not exceeding ten miles square)” over which Congress would “exercise exclusive legislation.” James Madisonspelled out the reason for the arrangement, explaining that maintaining an isolated district would prevent any state from holding too much power by being home to the national government. 

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

How did all those other states after the first 13 get added? Please go on, Professor. 

It sure wasn't to stack voting in favor of the democrats. (or republicans for that matter)

22 hours ago, mellon said:

It sure wasn't to stack voting in favor of the democrats. (or republicans for that matter)

That's exactly what they want to do, because it would add 1 Senator and 2 Representatives.  They already vote in the Presidential election.  It wasn't until 1980 that the residents wanted to become a state.  There's no reason to change it now.