Grapeland Open

StingEmALTO

10 minutes ago, Destry said:

My point was that he said he would run the spread regardless of the abilities of the kids, not meaning anything rude, that is just how set he was on running the spread. Personally if the spread fit our kids , then go for it.

Are you saying you interviewed Coach Ward or just some guy?

20 hours ago, centex1 said:

Like Daniel Swaim hauling cows on down to Crockett. Stopping to for a meet pie and boudan at the Krispy Krunchy Chicken a board member seeing him and knowing he was in the sight of greatness and boom here we are. 

We also hit every crawdad stand in-between! Me and Ol Goode got run off from one because we kept going back for “seconds”!

21 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

I mean it HAS happened before like that with Swaim....that dude, smh.

Not many people can catch lightning in a bottle like that guy. Or a boudan ball for that matter either. And if you have a box of gummy orange slices watch out for that one too. 

13 hours ago, Destry said:

My point was that he said he would run the spread regardless of the abilities of the kids, not meaning anything rude, that is just how set he was on running the spread. Personally if the spread fit our kids , then go for it.

That is his option.l if he was being hired to be a coach.   Your opinion of the kids should not matter.  You are not being hired to do the job. 

21 hours ago, Destry said:

Just a comment about the offense, interviewed guy one time for head job and he would run the true spread without ever seeing the kids, his philosophy was that the spread could be run with any kind of kid. Needless to say he did not get a second interview, closed minded.

So you had a closed mind about him having a closed mind???

14 hours ago, Destry said:

Are you, or were you ever a football coach?

IMHO, the formation you line up in has ZERO bearing on what you do after the snap.

You can run the ball 100% of the time, downhill, smash mouth out of the spread.

And you can throw the ball 100% of the time from under center in the double wing.

You might should have asked about his offensive philosophy rather than what formation he was going to base out of.

Just a thought.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, centex1 said:

Not many people can catch lightning in a bottle like that guy. Or a boudan ball for that matter either. And if you have a box of gummy orange slices watch out for that one too. 

I tell you what tho... the best darn boudin balls are them that are stuffed with pepper jack cheese down in Opelousas at Billy’s Boudin! I’ll make sure to snag ya some on my next trip hauling pigs to Cajun country!

• LOL! 1

I have seen Grapeland play some baseball this year......if their behavior is any indication of the culture of the school....run away. 

Parents and players acted like a bunch of idiots. Place has always been a revolving door and I see why. I know they are on their third baseball coach this year (one quit, one was Ward after the first guy quit, now it is an assitant) but Grapeland needs a culture change. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CDubya936 said:

I have seen Grapeland play some baseball this year......if their behavior is any indication of the culture of the school....run away. 

Parents and players acted like a bunch of idiots. Place has always been a revolving door and I see why. I know they are on their third baseball coach this year (one quit, one was Ward after the first guy quit, now it is an assitant) but Grapeland needs a culture change. 

Sometimes the best way to do that is a “clean house” process, starting at the very top. 

• Like 2