Sean Lee Retires

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

A few years too late ....

If he could have stayed healthy we probably would be stating otherwise.  He was always dinged up for most of his career.  He had a few great years, but he won't be remembered as one of the best Cowboys linebackers.  I would even rate Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson ahead of him.  

4 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

If he could have stayed healthy we probably would be stating otherwise.  He was always dinged up for most of his career.  He had a few great years, but he won't be remembered as one of the best Cowboys linebackers.  I would even rate Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson ahead of him.  

In his prime and healthy, he was adequate. He never really had the speed to be a top tier linebacker.  He was a liability in pass coverage and he could be exploited with faster backs and receivers, especially later in his career  ....

19 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

In his prime and healthy, he was adequate. He never really had the speed to be a top tier linebacker.  He was a liability in pass coverage and he could be exploited with faster backs and receivers, especially later in his career  ....

We'll never know what his potential was except to be on the IR for most of his career.  I think that's what Jerry was banking on.  We all saw what "Hollywood" could have been, but he threw it away.  I'm glad he turned his life around.  

Sean Lee could have been a Ring of Honor guy. Borderline Hall of Famer. Very borderline. Injuries just made him very good, not great. 92 starts over a 11 year career. 118 games total. 8.3 starts out of 10.7 games in his career. The body wasn’t able but the mind more than made up for it.