2A Baseball playoffs ?

action10

Regional Quarterfinals:

(23-7) ALTO vs. CENTERVILLE (20-4-1)

Game 1 - Thursday @ 6:00 p.m., Madisonville (Centerville home)

Game 2 - Saturday @ 2:00 p.m., Rusk (Alto home)

Game 3 - 30 minutes following if needed (flip for home)

Next up: Winner of Maud/Rivercrest

On 5/17/2021 at 9:27 AM, hunter92 said:

Garrison vs Cushing Saturday May 22, Nacogdoches High School at 11am.

I was told Cushion elected to take their chances in a one game match up versus a two out of three series against the Dawgs ... probably a smart move on their part ....

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I was told Cushion elected to take their chances in a one game match up versus a two out of three series against the Dawgs ... probably a smart move on their part ....

Cushing must feel that Garrison has a much deeper pitching staff. 

15 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Cushing must feel that Garrison has a much deeper pitching staff. 

I don't know what they have, but we have two top notch hurlers and a couple of others that aren't too bad either ...

32 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I don't know what they have, but we have two top notch hurlers and a couple of others that aren't too bad either ...

Well if I’m Cushing and I have one pitcher that I think can keep me in a game, I’m flipping for one game as well. Anything can happen in one baseball game. More games favors the better team. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Cushing has the LeBlanc kid who will be pitching at Angelina College. He’s good. I can definitely see them wanting one game only. They were the third place team in our district and here they are in the 3rd round with Douglass sitting at home. Baseball.....

12 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Well if I’m Cushing and I have one pitcher that I think can keep me in a game, I’m flipping for one game as well. Anything can happen in one baseball game. More games favors the better team. 

They have a very good pitcher and Coach Fuller got his 450th win last weekend, so he knows what he is doing.  The biggest decision our coach has is which pitcher to start, but that's a good problem to have.  These one game deals spook me a little.

5 hours ago, hunter92 said:

They have a very good pitcher and Coach Fuller got his 450th win last weekend, so he knows what he is doing.  The biggest decision our coach has is which pitcher to start, but that's a good problem to have.  These one game deals spook me a little.

Yes he knows what he’s doing. Anything can happen in one game. He probably doesn’t feel like his pitching is good enough to win a series against a team that has 3 good pitchers like Garrison. I would do the same. A couple of years ago, Joaquin slipped in as a 4 seed, won a flip with West Sabine to get a one game playoff in bi-district, and pulled the upset. A year earlier, we lost to Groveton in the Area round in the same manner. 

God is good always! But, today my boys get to play this great game we love, BASEBALL! Safe travels to everyone, weather has been a little crazy. We're going to go out and put everything on the line and see what happens. No matter what it's a great day, we live in a country and state that love this game! That's a good day. God Bless everyone to day, may he keep us all safe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, hunter92 said:

Is the Nac baseball field over by the high school or do they play at the complex on the loop?

Garrison comes back from a 2-1 deficit in the 6th inning and with the bases loaded bunts the tying score across, then follows with a seeing eye base hit up the middle to drive in two more runs. Garrison holds them off in the 7th and wins 4-2 .... it was a nail biter until the end .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

God is Good always ! What a day for my boys of summer, those dogs hung in there today. May not have been the prettiest game ever, but that's what makes a great team, to learn how to win the ugly ones!  Hats off to Cushing, those boys came to play no doubt about it. Coach Fuller always has his boy's ready. My friend the game is going to miss you, and so will all the lives you have helped mold and made a difference in! God bless

• Like 1