2A Baseball playoffs ?

action10

5 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Well it wasn’t a thumping. Alto led both games until the 6th. Lost 4-1 and 5-4. Couldn’t seal the deal. Good luck to Rivercrest and Garrison. Should be a good series. 

So far, our pitching has been lights out .... and everything else has fallen into place .... should be a good series  ....

• Like 1

GOD is good all the time! Well the count down is on. We had a good Saturday workout, we'll have two more tune-ups this week on turf. Several local schools have been so gracious and allowed us to use their turf fields. I can't thank them enough ! Thank goodness it will be a short week, just excited to play some baseball. It has come down to us and Rivercrest for the rights to go to state. I had them picked as a favorite early on and was hoping we could seal the deal and be there with them. Here we are my college team mate and friend Rivercrest Coach Rick Connot will battle for the right to go to Round Rock(Well our teams will). I'm happy and excited that one of us will make it , and on the other hand sad that one's playoff run will end this week. But, what a fun run whichever way it goes. Two great groups of young men that love to play this great game of baseball. And what a fitting week to still be playing as we honor all those who fought and gave their lives , so we have the freedom for this opportunity.  Personally I had a wonderful weekend baseball baseball and more baseball. We worked out Saturday morning, then my wife and I went to Nacogdoches SFA cages with the grandkids practicing for the city league championship on Tuesday night, and to top it all off went to Malakoff vs Woodville games 2 & 3 at Nacogdoches High School. Wow what a day! God Bless hope everyone has a wonderful week

After we finished the series with McLeod, I was looking online to see what I could find out about Rivercrest.  I pulled up MaxPreps and they have them ranked #1 in 2A ... To my surprise, Garrison wasn't ranked at all .... I dug a little deeper and found they had Garrison in their 3A classification rankings ...  I sent their "support" staff an email and they finally fixed their error after almost a week .... they now have Rivercrest #1 and Garrison #11 .... 

On 5/28/2021 at 10:54 AM, StingEmALTO said:

Well it wasn’t a thumping. Alto led both games until the 6th. Lost 4-1 and 5-4. Couldn’t seal the deal. Good luck to Rivercrest and Garrison. Should be a good series. 

Y’all still has a good run. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

Y’all still has a good run. 

Thanks Wolf. We were picked to finish 4th in the district and went 4 rounds deep. Just an error (or two! 😩) from going to Game 3. Proud of the guys and what they accomplished this season. Quite a few starters returning; we’ll certainly miss the seniors. For me they exceeded expectations. Great group and it was a fun season. On to football!

GOD is good all the time! Well here we are , it's game day. My boys of summer are going to go put it on the line again today, for a chance to go to Round Rock. The man upstairs has set the weather today for a great day for playing some baseball! Praying for safe travels for everyone, especially  my wife driving back from Houston. She went to see the birth of our 8th grandchild, but she(Grandchild) had other ideas and is probably coming today. God Bless and have a wonderful day

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I still haven't found which team we play next .... Anson or New Deal .... can't find the results  .... UIL hasn't updated the brackets yet either ....

They are playing game 1 now....game 2 is at 6.....game 3 tomorrow if necessary.....