2A Baseball playoffs ?

action10

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I still haven't found which team we play next .... Anson or New Deal .... can't find the results  .... UIL hasn't updated the brackets yet either ....

Unless the UIL has changed the format just this year - they take the 2 teams with the best records and "flip" to see which team they play...............Again, unless they changed for the first time in over 30 years, it is not a set format of certain regions playing.

New Deal and Anson split the first two games. Game three today at 12pm, I'll post the audio link later ...

Shiner has already advanced to the semis according to the UIL bracket ...

http://streaming402ic.network1sports.com/mindseye

Link won't work until just before game starts ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Thanks 1

4-1 New Deal up middle of the 4th inning .... in the rubber match

The ND announcer says the winner of their series plays Garrison  .....  nothing about a coin flip? .... who knows? ....  :nerd:

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

God is good all the time! Man what a ride on this Bulldog Express! My Boy's of summer have really done it this time, we're going to Round Rock. Wow! This group of young men have really been overcomers this year. WE'VE HAD THREE  OFF SEASON ARM SURGERIES, FOUGHT THROUGH A LOST DAD TO COVID, LOST TWO TO INJURIES MID SEASON, AND LOST TWO STARTERS IN REGIONAL GAME ONE, WOW! And through it all these guys just keep finding a way to get it done. What a group of young Men, that I'm really proud of!  We have a couple more tune-ups before we go. Safe travels to everyone going down for the state tournament . May GOD bless you all, as much as he has blessed me this year! GO DOGS

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

It's a combination of the top two teams seeded in opposite brackets, then a coin flip to determine which brackets the 3 and 4 teams are placed in ... at least that's what the manual states ....

Yes sir 👍......been that way a long time.......can look at the archive state brackets over the last 40+ years.......sometimes it works that the best record plays the worse record - about 50% of the time. 

In 2019 in 2A, the 2 best teams met in the semis - both had great pitchers who could hit 91 on the gun. 

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Yes sir 👍......been that way a long time.......can look at the archive state brackets over the last 40+ years.......sometimes it works that the best record plays the worse record - about 50% of the time. 

In 2019 in 2A, the 2 best teams met in the semis - both had great pitchers who could hit 91 on the gun. 

Best record can be deceiving ... some teams like Garrison have played several teams one or more classifications above the 2A level ... losses to teams like Whitehouse and Kilgore aren't the same as losses to 2A teams ....

In the grand scheme of it all, it really doesn't matter who you match up with first! When we started the year our goal was to be the state champion, so you have to beat them all! And to do that you better bring your A game. This year's 2A bracket has the best of the best. #1 New Deal, # 2 Bosqueville, #3 Garrison, and #5 Shiner, WOW what a field! I wouldn't want it any other way! Good Luck to everyone, you are all deserving of being State Champion! May GOD Bless you and give all safe travels.

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Shiner is unreal. A powerhouse in football. Their softball program is dominant, and they are in the state tournament in baseball. Those brewery hands grow some good kids. 

Yes, they do ...

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9 - 1A, 2A, 4A SEMIFINALS
Conference Time Location Schools
1A Semifinals 9:00 am Dell Diamond Kennard(14-4) vs.Hubbard(25-10)
1A Semifinals 12:00 pm Dell Diamond Nazareth(22-3) vs.Fayetteville(17-9-0)
2A Semifinals 4:00 pm Dell Diamond Shiner(33-4) vs.New Deal(27-4)
2A Semifinals 7:00 pm Dell Diamond Bosqueville(35-3) vs.Garrison(28-8)
4A Semifinals 1:00 pm UFCU Disch Falk Texarkana Pleasant Grove(33-8) vs.Stephenville(28-8-1)
4A Semifinals 4:00 pm UFCU Disch Falk Sinton(33-4-0) vs.Rusk(27-7-0)
THURSDAY, JUNE 10 - 1A, 2A, 4A CHAMPIONSHIPS & 5A SEMIFINALS
1A Championship 9:00 am Dell Diamond  
2A Championship 12:00 pm Dell Diamond  
4A Championship 6:30 pm UFCU Disch Falk  
5A Semifinals 4:00 pm Dell Diamond Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill(35-8-1) vs.Amarillo(33-9)
5A Semifinals 7:00 pm Dell Diamond Hallsville(32-8) vs.Leander Rouse(30-10)
FRIDAY, JUNE 11 - 3A & 6A SEMIFINALS
3A Semifinals 9:00 am Dell Diamond Corpus Christi London(32-5-1) vs.Brock(29-10-1)
3A Semifinals 12:00 pm Dell Diamond Malakoff(36-7) vs.Gunter(36-8-0)
6A Semifinals 4:00 pm Dell Diamond Keller(35-7) vs.Houston Strake Jesuit College Prep(27-12-1)
6A Semifinals 7:00 pm Dell Diamond Comal Smithson Valley(35-5) vs.Rockwall Heath(36-11-1)
SATURDAY, JUNE 12 - 3A, 5A & 6A CHAMPIONSHIP
3A Championship 9:00 am Dell Diamond  
5A Championship 12:00 pm Dell Diamond  
6A Championship 4:00 pm Dell Diamond

GOD is good all the time! Well here we are state championship week. Man what a blessing it has been to be a part of this special group of young men. But, I still keep going back to last year's seniors and team. How deserving they would have been to be in this same situation, but Covid took that opportunity away from them! Knowing this we'll have to go represent all Garrison teams that never had the chance to be here and play our hearts our like we have all year. With that never say never attitude, no matter what's happening. We have a couple more tune-ups one today at Nacogdoches(I can't say enough thank you's to Coach Greer and Nacogdoches High school for letting us use their wonderful facilities). Then we'll stop for our final tune-up tomorrow on the way down at Madisonville High School, another group we're extremely thankful for. Without these people we would be literally up a creek without a paddle, our field has been under water most of the playoffs. Thank you everyone for everything that has been done for us this year. Last I would like to thank my wife and family that have chased me around over the years coaching, them and the grandkids have really gotten excited about the team this year. May GOD bless and safe travels this week

• Like 1