The Official 2021 SDC NFL Draft Thread

20 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I had a 4/5 grade on him. Little high. Iowa produces good solid football players. Not a pure pass rusher but kid can do a little bit of everything good.

I am guessing that the offensive line will come down to undrafted signees. You just spent a billion dollars on a QB and you are not insuring his protection. That just doesn't make sense to me. You had a chance to get someone that could step in if someone got hurt, yet you haven't done it. Crazy man, Crazy. 

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

It’s been a run on them. If Dallas wants one it’s now at 99. Waiting to 115 it’ll be worse.

Another ND lineman gone--to the Bucks--who already are loaded, Hainsey can probably step in and play any position if someone should get hurt. ND had a very good OL this past season--Their best blocker--Tremble has already been picked also, and he was  TE. LOL 

From Dane Brugler’s Draft Guide on Wright 
PRO DAY height 6042 weight 183 arm length 32 7/8 hand size 9 1/8 wing span 77 7/8  40 time 4.47 

STRENGTHS: Tall drink of water and towers over wide receivers...has the lower body flexibility and light feet to stay on top of routes...rangy ball disruptor and his arm length helps him reach the catch point from different angles...his background at wide receiver is obvious with his natural adjustments to finish interceptions...showed
 a better feel for route depth and field awareness from his 2019 to 2020 film...physical in press, using his long arms to make receivers uncomfortable...doesn’t wilt as a run defender...combative play personality and carries himself with plenty of confidence...led the team in interceptions both years in Corvallis.

WEAKNESSES: Lean-limbed with a slender build...not a technically sound player right now...impatient footwork and has a bad habit of turning his hips on first movement...his long gait encumbers his backpedal and transitions...only average recovery quickness...not as comfortable from off-coverage, leaving him tardy in his collect-and-drive mechanics...needs to get stronger to fight off and shuck contact...too easily redirected and taken out of the play by blockers...has only 18 career games played at the NCAA level.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Oregon State, Wright lined up at field cornerback in defensive coordinator Tim Tibesar’s scheme. He had a winding journey between high school and Oregon State, but he made the most of his two seasons in Corvallis, landing a starting role and leading the team in interceptions both years. Wright isn’t a quick-twitch mover, but he stays light on his feet to slide, open and run downfield with receivers. He is still relatively new to the cornerback position and it shows at times as he struggles to stay square or ahead of receivers. Overall, Wright is a long and lanky athlete who is still developing his instincts and technique, but his length and ball skills are interesting foundational traits for a classic press-man corner prospect.

GRADE: 7th Round-Priority Free Agent

So far, Jerrruh has outdone himself with this crop of new cowboy prospects .... doomer called me last night and predicts them cowboys "gonna run the table" in 2022 ..... 

Jerrruh also got a secret plan to protect Prescott ....

Kid sounds like a Dan Quinn big press corner starter kit. He could be the big Brandon Browner style corner. Dang, at 3.99 though??? With Ifeatu Melifonwu, Elijah Molden on the board? Dallas must really love him.

Day 1 grade- C+

Day 2 grade- B-

Day 3- If they draft Ar’darius Washington at 4.115, they might get some of the bad taste out of my mouth of this draft. 

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Fantastic pick. It makes up for the reach at 99. It seems Dan Quinn is preparing the Cowboys to move on from LVE.

I’d be sweating if I was Jaylon and LVE.