The Official 2021 SDC NFL Draft Thread

I don’t like what I’m hearing out of Dallas about their board. Rumors have Parsons being higher than Horn or Surtain. All I can think is

a.) LVE’s option will not be picked up this weekend. Possibly gone after ‘21.

b.) Dallas is trying to get pass rush help to try and fix the secondary.

c.) I hate Carolina and Denver with a passion now.

6 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

This should have been the Cowboys pick, even 2 spots later. He would have done the team a better job and have a longer career. 

I was ticked. Pass on Slater twice. Big mistake. You have a guy who’s an upgrade over Connor Williams, who could replace Tyron at LT. This defense is bad. Adding another LB won’t fix it. If it did you’d have cut Jaylon Smith. I was feeling great until pick 9. The Cowboys loved Parsons more than a trade down to 20 and a future 1st round pick. That’s just stupid to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

I was ticked. Pass on Slater twice. Big mistake. You have a guy who’s an upgrade over Connor Williams, who could replace Tyron at LT. This defense is bad. Adding another LB won’t fix it. If it did you’d have cut Jaylon Smith. I was feeling great until pick 9. The Cowboys loved Parsons more than a trade down to 20 and a future 1st round pick. That’s just stupid to me.

With a trade to Chicago, they could have picked up that #1, plus still probably gotten the same guy at #20. But you always go for good to great o-linemen over a linebacker--you can find plenty of those in later rounds. Probably with better character. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

With a trade to Chicago, they could have picked up that #1, plus still probably gotten the same guy at #20. But you always go for good to great o-linemen over a linebacker--you can find plenty of those in later rounds. Probably with better character. 

I got an issue with a kid at 12 who has rumors of diddling his teammates in the name of being a good teammate. Allegedly. The NFL is a passing league. You need LBs who can cover. That’s why Jaylon and LVE need to go. Well, LVE because of the neck. Jaylon is bad. You could find those type LBs on day 2. An OL upgrade you don’t. Especially with Dak coming off the ankle. Connor Williams in his last contract year. Who knows what you can get out of Tyron at LT. Fix the o-line first. Nobody drafted on this defense will make much if any impact this year. Especially a LB.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I got an issue with a kid at 12 who has rumors of diddling his teammates in the name of being a good teammate. Allegedly. The NFL is a passing league. You need LBs who can cover. That’s why Jaylon and LVE need to go. Well, LVE because of the neck. Jaylon is bad. You could find those type LBs on day 2. An OL upgrade you don’t. Especially with Dak coming off the ankle. Connor Williams in his last contract year. Who knows what you can get out of Tyron at LT. Fix the o-line first. Nobody drafted on this defense will make much if any impact this year. Especially a LB.

Preaching to the choir brother, you always solidify your offensive line, especially in today's NFL. Years ago, you might be able to get away with a weak lineman, and always run to the opposite side and hope they cut off someone from the backside. But today, you have to have athletic O-lineman at every position. If not, you get to be Sam Darnold or Joe Burrow, running for your life the entire game. Which could happen to Dak this year also, especially if they don't pick up a decent lineman in round 2. 

• Like 1

I also think that in the next round they can get an offensive lineman that can take over within 2 years, I like that tackle out of ND--Eichenberg--I think he is one tough kid--has played solid, even with 1 eye during one of his games. Look at the last ND lineman they picked up--was pretty darn good.  But if they don't get an offensive lineman in round 2 or 3--there isn't much use in drafting one--anything lower than that will be a project and won't be able to step in and help if something bad happens to one of the others. JMHO

Dallas is this traits team that doesn’t draft traits. We want 6’ tall corners with 32” arms. Then we draft a 5-10 30” corner. Melifonwu our of Syracuse or Adebo out of Stanford would be the traits guys. Kelvin Joseph is a knucklehead. 1st round talent, day 2 issues. Tyson Campbell might not fall that far to 44.

2.44, 3.75, 3.84, 3.99....will Dallas use them all or package for a trade up?

50 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Jerrruh gonna get to play against all dem stud hosses he passed over in the early rounds to get more bums later .... 

Philly got DeVonta Smith. Giants got Kadarius Toney. If they had QBs I’d be scared. 

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

I also think that in the next round they can get an offensive lineman that can take over within 2 years, I like that tackle out of ND--Eichenberg--I think he is one tough kid--has played solid, even with 1 eye during one of his games. Look at the last ND lineman they picked up--was pretty darn good.  But if they don't get an offensive lineman in round 2 or 3--there isn't much use in drafting one--anything lower than that will be a project and won't be able to step in and help if something bad happens to one of the others. JMHO

If Dallas wants OT help (and they do) it’s definitely a address sooner rather than later position. 3rd round might be pushing it for a good backup upgrade. Eichenberg is a good one. If you want a good lineman you go Notre Dame and Big10. Stone Forsythe, D’Ante Smith, maybe Brendan Jaimes. Brandon Knight is good for a short term starter. Longer than that we got issues. Terrence Steele is just a guy. Starter just because there was nobody else. I don’t know how long Tyron Smith has left. Half a quarter? Half a season? 

34 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Philly got DeVonta Smith. Giants got Kadarius Toney. If they had QBs I’d be scared. 

Philly HAS a QB that could be better than Russell Wilson if they get enough key players around him. Devonta Smith is a key piece of the puzzle  .... Jerrruh betting the farm on Prescott I believe will turn out to be a bad move .....

• Grumpy 1