Joaquin Gets New Turf

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Some sort of new turf that stays cooler in warm weather. First high school to install it in Texas.

It will probably have a lighter color fill, a light blue or light color of some kind rather than black.   I have seen a couple of fields like this and you cannot tell a difference in the fill color.   Pretty neat and does stay a little cooler in hot weather.    Good for Joaquin

T-Cool is official name of infill. It's charcoal in color. Absorbs moisture from rain and even dew. Supposedly up to 30-40 degrees cooler than the standard infill where temps can reach 150 degrees on hot summer days....One summer day in little league ftball the turf actually melted to my shoes on a field in Center. Referee fell out from heat exhaustion that day. Super excited for all the kids that will benefit from the new turf installation.

• Like 1

brookshires-feature.jpg

Rams Field Turf Project Seeing Huge Strides Towards Completion

rm1.jpg?itok=NNr63CLh

Joaquin Rams Football Stadium on April 30, 2021 – 

Joaquin High School’s Rams Stadium is undergoing an overhaul. Joaquin now becomes the first facility in the state of Texas to install the revolutionary T°Cool® evaporative cooling technology to their new synthetic turf field. During warm weather months (especially in Texas), synthetic turf surface temperatures can get dangerously hot, consistently exceeding 150°, making fields uncomfortable and often unplayable. T°Cool® treated infill is a proven solution that reduces surface temperatures by 30-50 degrees, keeping student-athletes cooler and safer.

The Rams football team is surely looking forward to using the new surface. The team finished the 2020 season with an 8-2 record and they posted a 4-1 finish in District 10 2A-1. They were a Bi-District contender as the second place representative for their conference.

rm2.jpg?itok=K0n8fvRR

rm3.jpg?itok=c3xGzD2D

• Like 5

13 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

The field looks very nice in those pictures.

The area in front of the concession stand that used to be grass (ok mud) has now been covered with concrete and will become sort of a concourse area that should allow for an end zone view of the game. I believe there are upgrades to the pressbox and maybe the scoreboard included in this project. Should make for an awesome place to watch a football game. 

Just now, trueblue82 said:

The area in front of the concession stand that used to be grass (ok mud) has now been covered with concrete and will become sort of a concourse area that should allow for an end zone view of the game. I believe there are upgrades to the pressbox and maybe the scoreboard included in this project. Should make for an awesome place to watch a football game. 

They adding any space to the visitors sideline?

Just now, Valhalla said:

They adding any space to the visitors sideline?

No but the wall at the bottom of the bleachers is now padded, and the mud hole you are accustomed to standing in is now level with the field and is turf. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Always a good atmosphere in Joaquin, now it’ll be that same atmosphere with an awesome field to play on. Congrats to the Rams!

Also, we get some big games on it this year. We host a returning regional finalist (Beckville, who should be very good) in the opener. We also get the returning state semifinalist (Timpson) who should be even better than they were in ‘20, at home. Add in rivalry games with Shelbyville and San Augustine, and a road trip to Elysian Fields, and we play one of the toughest schedules in 2A. 

This field looks great. Winnsboro is also in the process of installing turf at what will be the new Raider Stadium. I also believe it will be this new technology. I have been told it had like a substance instead of the black rubber to basically blend in as was mentioned earlier. Super excited. 

22 minutes ago, chevyman said:

This field looks great. Winnsboro is also in the process of installing turf at what will be the new Raider Stadium. I also believe it will be this new technology. I have been told it had like a substance instead of the black rubber to basically blend in as was mentioned earlier. Super excited. 

https://www.brockusa.com/brockfill/

This is one that is becoming more common. Ore City has this and Harmony just got it I believe.

19 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

yall ever go to ore city before their turf???

Back in '93 I turned my ankle jogging out for the coin toss. There was a divot about three inches deep. 

On 5/2/2021 at 9:29 PM, trueblue82 said:

It already was! 

1 hour ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

yall ever go to ore city before their turf???

Chester....wow..really bad grass field. had to have 2 buckets of sand to fill one hole in the field.