Joaquin Gets New Turf

30 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Chester....wow..really bad grass field. had to have 2 buckets of sand to fill one hole in the field. 

You beat me to this one! I was going to say Chester.  I took part in a scrimmage at Chester where apparently the night before kids had gotten their trucks on the field and cut donuts into it.  No attempt was made at fixing the issue. lol

10 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

It won't be long we'll be making threads amazed a school still has grass. Field looks great. I'm curious how affective the cooling technology works. This could be big for safety during the summer. 

Given the number of turf football fields in Texas, it is a pretty big deal that little ole’ Joaquin will have the first like this in high school.

10 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Given the number of turf football fields in Texas, it is a pretty big deal that little ole’ Joaquin will have the first like this in high school.

That’s the reason we waited to do turf. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

It won't be long we'll be making threads amazed a school still has grass. Field looks great. I'm curious how affective the cooling technology works. This could be big for safety during the summer. 

I know Woodville's is nice doesn't get nearly as hot has the wood fibers in the fill and it has to be watered like once or twice a week.

3 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

I know we will play two games on grass this season. Out of ten games last year, we played 4 on grass, three of which were at home. One of our road games on grass this year is at Garrison, and I think they just passed a big bond issue for a new high school, so I could see them getting turf in the near future. 

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage rarely plays on grass anymore, ever. It’s kind of weird when you think about it. 

Hadn't really thought about it until I read your comment, but there are some kids these days who will never have played a football game on grass.  😮

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

For sure, but we will see more small schools follow the trend. Maintenance hours, water, fertilizer, sod, paint that are constant expenses; gone. Then saves on all the same for a practice field because turf game fields can withstand practice. Turf actually saves money in the long run. Turf as a "luxury" will fade soon even in small towns when the stigma of it costing the taxpayers fades. 

6 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

For sure, but we will see more small schools follow the trend. Maintenance hours, water, fertilizer, sod, paint that are constant expenses; gone. Then saves on all the same for a practice field because turf game fields can withstand practice. Turf actually saves money in the long run. Turf as a "luxury" will fade soon even in small towns when the stigma of it costing the taxpayers fades. 

very good points

7 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

I see this trend happening already. There are 8 football schools in Shelby, San Augustine and Panola counties combined. There is now one grass field left. The non-football school in Panola county has a turf baseball field. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 9:51 PM, trueblue82 said:
brookshires-feature.jpg

Rams Field Turf Project Seeing Huge Strides Towards Completion

rm1.jpg?itok=NNr63CLh

Joaquin Rams Football Stadium on April 30, 2021 – 

Joaquin High School’s Rams Stadium is undergoing an overhaul. Joaquin now becomes the first facility in the state of Texas to install the revolutionary T°Cool® evaporative cooling technology to their new synthetic turf field. During warm weather months (especially in Texas), synthetic turf surface temperatures can get dangerously hot, consistently exceeding 150°, making fields uncomfortable and often unplayable. T°Cool® treated infill is a proven solution that reduces surface temperatures by 30-50 degrees, keeping student-athletes cooler and safer.

The Rams football team is surely looking forward to using the new surface. The team finished the 2020 season with an 8-2 record and they posted a 4-1 finish in District 10 2A-1. They were a Bi-District contender as the second place representative for their conference.

rm2.jpg?itok=K0n8fvRR

rm3.jpg?itok=c3xGzD2D

Way over due, looks good, a Ram logo would've looked better at midfield 

I did some thinking and just making a quick list of schools in East Texas, I came up with 40+ that now have turf football fields. That’s working east from the Tyler/ Jacksonville area and south to Lufkin. I’m quite certain that I probably missed a couple. I have not tried counting grass fields. 

10 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I did some thinking and just making a quick list of schools in East Texas, I came up with 40+ that now have turf football fields. That’s working east from the Tyler/ Jacksonville area and south to Lufkin. I’m quite certain that I probably missed a couple. I have not tried counting grass fields. 

Tenaha is way over due for a new field 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Tenaha is way over due for a new field 

That dump should be condemned and turned into a catfish pond .... I can't believe schools scheduled to play there don't refuse to play there until they upgrade their visitor's side. It not only substandard, it's dangerous  .....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

How will the new turf field affect the price of the ram sauce? I'm still trying to get 4 ram sauces for one chicken strip basket!

I haven’t heard about a price adjustment on the sauce, but I have heard that if you buy two chicken strip baskets, they’ll throw in a extra cup of Ram sauce! 

• LOL! 1

16 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I haven’t heard about a price adjustment on the sauce, but I have heard that if you buy two chicken strip baskets, they’ll throw in a extra cup of Ram sauce! 

Last time I was down there I brought 4 home....That stuff is special