NCAA draft stats

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I just said the sec is top heavy.  I don’t care what the pac12 is or isn’t, nor the acc.  We were talking about the sec.  it is and has been a top heavy league.  

back to the original point now.  The sec has more draft picks because it is in a region where better football is played in HS.  More top recruits staying home to play college ball.  From Texas to Florida the southeastern quarter of the US is loaded with talent and the sec benefits the most from it. 

What makes the SEC top heavy? And I compared the others because its relevant. Thats how you tell if its top heavy. Its not top heavy just because DB says so lol. Based off the other conferences, its hard to definitely say its top heavy. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

What makes the SEC top heavy? And I compared the others because its relevant. Thats how you tell if its top heavy. Its not top heavy just because DB says so lol. Based off the other conferences, its hard to definitely say its top heavy. 

Every conference is top heavy. 

I have my own issues with the SEC perception, but they have never been with the teams at the top. 

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Every conference is top heavy. 

I have my own issues with the SEC perception, but they have never been with the teams at the top. 

This was the answer I was looking for. I said earlier that every conference throughout every decade has traditionally had 3-5 teams ahead and thats about it. Parity has never been that great in college football. 

21 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This was the answer I was looking for. I said earlier that every conference throughout every decade has traditionally had 3-5 teams ahead and thats about it. Parity has never been that great in college football. 

Every team in a conference cannot be good at the same time.

Oklahoma State, Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech will not all be good at the same time. Someone has to win and lose.

Just like Ole Miss, Miss State, and Arkansas can't all be good at the same time or Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

Well, maybe if some other team could win it outside the same 4-5 teams that have the last 20 years or so.....

look at the 90’s, you finally have gone back far enough to get outside those 5, Tennessee won 3 in the 90’s. Still it was Alabama and Florida winning the rest of the 90’s championships.  

17 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The 80’s were the same teams winning it too.

Alabama's at the top. Georgia/LSU/Tennessee are fighting for second, Ole Miss won a few back in the 50s/60s. Everyone else are also-rans.

School Last SEC Title Number of SEC Titles Number of Divisional Titles
Alabama 2020 28 15
Georgia 2017 13 10
Tennessee 1998 13 6
LSU 2019 12 9
Florida 2008 8 (+1 vacated) 15
Auburn 2013 8 9
Ole Miss 1963 6 1
Kentucky 1976 2 0
Mississippi State 1941 1 1
Arkansas Never 0 4
Missouri Never 0 2
South Carolina Never 0 1
Texas A&M Never 0 0
Vanderbilt Never 0 0
Former Members
Georgia Tech 1952 5 N/A
Tulane 1949 3 N/A
Sewanee Never 0 N/A

16 minutes ago, LOL said:

Alabama's at the top. Georgia/LSU/Tennessee are fighting for second, Ole Miss won a few back in the 50s/60s. Everyone else are also-rans.

School Last SEC Title Number of SEC Titles Number of Divisional Titles
Alabama 2020 28 15
Georgia 2017 13 10
Tennessee 1998 13 6
LSU 2019 12 9
Florida 2008 8 (+1 vacated) 15
Auburn 2013 8 9
Ole Miss 1963 6 1
Kentucky 1976 2 0
Mississippi State 1941 1 1
Arkansas Never 0 4
Missouri Never 0 2
South Carolina Never 0 1
Texas A&M Never 0 0
Vanderbilt Never 0 0
Former Members
Georgia Tech 1952 5 N/A
Tulane 1949 3 N/A
Sewanee Never 0 N/A

Tenn is an also ran now

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Well, maybe if some other team could win it outside the same 4-5 teams that have the last 20 years or so.....

look at the 90’s, you finally have gone back far enough to get outside those 5, Tennessee won 3 in the 90’s. Still it was Alabama and Florida winning the rest of the 90’s championships.  

I just showed you thats fairly normal among conferences. The only true outlier is the big 12 with their 8 but thats negated by OU winning more than half the titles over that span. I guess what I'm saying is if one is top heavy so are all the others but if all the others are that way should we even designate one as top heavy or should we just assume thats the normal in college football? 

19 hours ago, WETSU said:

All conferences are top heavy.  If they aren’t, they don’t have a true legitimate national championship contender under our current system.  Think about one of the most diverse conferences right now when it comes to parody...  the PAC-12...  no one is running that conference right now which leads to no real NC hopes.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Tenn is an also ran now

Sure...  but historically they've been a reliable second-tier player, with occasional streaks of being quasi-elite. That's not nothing! 

With the right leadership, there's no reason why the Vols can't be a powerhouse. Centrally-located, solid facilities, rich history (except for recent years), and Tennessee is absolutely beautiful in the fall.